FoodBanter.com

-   -   OBAMA AND PELOSI SHOULD BE IN JAIL! (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/161937-re-obama-pelosi-should.html)

[email protected] 24-09-2008 05:21 PM

OBAMA AND PELOSI SHOULD BE IN JAIL!

On Sep 21, 7:14*am, Douglas Berry >
wrote:
> Australia.

Oh, no wonder you have opinions about wine. I lived in California for
about a decade. But not the famous coastal wine areas -- I lived in
the center where we do better reds. Even so, I am absolutely no
expert. I'm a "I like what I like" guy.

I have a very modest wine cellar and on Sunday just finished the last
of my 1997 Barossa bottles. (sorry I forget the winery). It was a
little past it's prime but still yummy!

> http://www.thelittlepenguin.com/lpa/index/:

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

There are so many wines available, now, that I rarely have luck
finding a specific one. My buying technique is simple -- I find a
wine store that has a person there and I ask him/her what will age
well but is still cheap. That's how I got the Barossa bottles.

> >When I do drink a white, it's usually a gevurztraminer. *Got any
> >recommendations for those?

> Haven't had enough of those to really say.

We tend to eat the more spicy Mexican and Cajun seafood dishes, so a
spicy gervurtz holds up well.

Douglas Berry 25-09-2008 01:57 AM

OBAMA AND PELOSI SHOULD BE IN JAIL!

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:21:20 -0700 (PDT)
carved the following into the hard stone of alt.atheism
>On Sep 21, 7:14*am, Douglas Berry >
>wrote:
>> Australia.

>Oh, no wonder you have opinions about wine. I lived in California for
>about a decade. But not the famous coastal wine areas -- I lived in
>the center where we do better reds. Even so, I am absolutely no
>expert. I'm a "I like what I like" guy.

I live in the SFBA, and have found wines from all over the state.

>I have a very modest wine cellar and on Sunday just finished the last
>of my 1997 Barossa bottles. (sorry I forget the winery). It was a
>little past it's prime but still yummy!

http://www.thelittlepenguin.com/lpa/index/:

>Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
>
>There are so many wines available, now, that I rarely have luck
>finding a specific one. My buying technique is simple -- I find a
>wine store that has a person there and I ask him/her what will age
>well but is still cheap. That's how I got the Barossa bottles.

That works as well as anything else. My wife chooses labels she likes
for artistic reasons.

>> >When I do drink a white, it's usually a gevurztraminer. *Got any
>> >recommendations for those?

>> Haven't had enough of those to really say.

>We tend to eat the more spicy Mexican and Cajun seafood dishes, so a
>spicy gervurtz holds up well.

I will definitely look into that then. Capsaicin is life!
--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a
stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as
good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein