Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2005 Anne Gros Clos Vougeot Le Grand Maupertui

I opened a bottle of 2005 Anne Gros Clos Vougeot Le Grand Maupertui
last night with dinner. Still young but quite delicious. Intial nose
of sweet red cherry and a bit of oak. A bit sappy on the palate
showing bright cherry, a bit of black coffee and smoke. It continued
to evolve in the glass showing depth and complexity. It needs 5-8
years to really shine but it's killer now.
"A" on the Dale Scale.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote in message
>I opened a bottle of 2005 Anne Gros Clos Vougeot Le Grand Maupertui
> last night with dinner. Still young but quite delicious. Intial nose
> of sweet red cherry and a bit of oak. A bit sappy on the palate
> showing bright cherry, a bit of black coffee and smoke. It continued
> to evolve in the glass showing depth and complexity. It needs 5-8
> years to really shine but it's killer now.
> "A" on the Dale Scale.

Excellent. Thanks for the TN.
I have several bottles of this in the cellar so its good to get an
early reading. Tried the Richebourg?

cheers greybeard

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 23, 5:54�pm, "greybeard" > wrote:
> "Bi!!" > wrote in message

> >I opened a bottle of 2005 Anne Gros Clos Vougeot Le Grand Maupertui
> > last night with dinner. �Still young but quite delicious. �Intial nose
> > of sweet red cherry and a bit of oak. �A bit sappy on the palate
> > showing bright cherry, a bit of black coffee and smoke. �It continued
> > to evolve in the glass showing depth and complexity. �It needs 5-8
> > years to really shine but it's killer now.
> > "A" on the Dale Scale.

> Excellent. Thanks for the TN.
> I have several bottles of this in the cellar so its good to get an
> early reading. Tried the Richebourg?
>
> cheers greybeard

I haven't tried the Richebourg yet. I'll post notes when I do.

Kongsgaard, Anne Gros, Ch. Gloria DaleW Wine 0 28-03-2010 02:44 PM
Kongsgaard, Anne Gros, Ch. Gloria Bi!! Wine 0 25-03-2010 06:24 PM
'04 Anne Gros Richebourg Bi!! Wine 0 19-12-2008 04:33 PM
2005 Silex 2002 Poilly Fume Jacques Prieur Clos Vougeot Bi!! Wine 2 11-07-2008 03:32 PM
TN: 10 2000 Clos de Vougeot, 1 '92, 1 Vougeot 1er DaleW Wine 9 07-02-2008 07:22 AM