FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: red Chassagne with somewhat Russian food (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/160772-tn-red-chassagne-somewhat.html)

DaleW 25-08-2008 03:12 PM

TN: red Chassagne with somewhat Russian food

We went to Riverdale late yesterday afternoon to visit some orchestral
colleagues of Betsy's. A little nibble of figs and chevre accompanied
by an inventive cocktail (juice from boiling plums, iced and with
limoncello and rum). Then we went for a long walk around neighborhood.
Back at the apartment, we sat down to a nice dinner (chicken, bulgur,
beets, plum sauce, eggplant, salad- Jenny is Russian and recipes were
a combo of Russian, Georgian, and creative). I had brought the wine,
the 2002 Jean Noel Gagnard " Morgeot" Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru
(rouge).

A little sharp at first, but mellowed quickly. Red raspberry and
cherry, a bit of damp soil, a touch of spice. Vibrant acidity, nice
length. Not showing as rustic as some red Chassagnes, there's
actually a hint of elegance.
Could use a little more concentration, but nice for what it is. B+/B

*