Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Costco Purchase on Bordeaux 2005 vintage

Today I stumbled upon two 2005 Bordeaux wines. Purchased a few bottles of
each.

Chateau Smit Havt Lafitte 2005

and

Chateau D'issan 2005 Margaux

$69 and $49 respectively...

Not to bad for North Carolina.

FYI.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
> Today I stumbled upon two 2005 Bordeaux wines. Purchased a few bottles of
> each.
>
> Chateau Smit Havt Lafitte 2005
>
> and
>
> Chateau D'issan 2005 Margaux
>
> $69 and $49 respectively...
>
> Not to bad for North Carolina.
>
> FYI.

You are not kidding! I won't see those prices at my Costco! '05 Pontet
Canet set me back $100 {:-(
Graham

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Graham" > wrote in

> You are not kidding! I won't see those prices at my Costco! '05
> Pontet Canet set me back $100 {:-(

That's a great price. Current price at la Place de Bordeaux for Pontet
Canet '05 is over $180.

Matt
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Matt Scudder" > wrote in message
> "Graham" > wrote in
>
>> You are not kidding! I won't see those prices at my Costco! '05
>> Pontet Canet set me back $100 {:-(

> That's a great price. Current price at la Place de Bordeaux for Pontet
> Canet '05 is over $180.

Yes, it must have been! I have a friend who works there and he kept a
couple of bottles back for me - the rest were bought by other retailers!!!
Now I must make sure that I live long enough to enjoy it!
Graham

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" > wrote:

> Chateau Smit Havt Lafitte 2005

^^ ^
th u

(I know that Label reads "HAVT", but that's only a manierism.)

M.