Posted to alt.food.wine

Default What are the best wine discussion forums on the net ?

As well as this great newsgroup, can anyone please give links to what
you consider to presently be the best and most active (non-newsgroup)
wine discussion forums on the net.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Frank wrote:
> As well as this great newsgroup, can anyone please give links to what
> you consider to presently be the best and most active (non-newsgroup)
> wine discussion forums on the net.

The most active forum, it's generally agreed, is Mark Squires's forum at
Robert Parker's site:
http://dat.erobertparker.com/bboard/...splay.php?f=10

Other fairly active sites are listed below:

http://www.wineloverspage.com/forum/...forum.php?f=21
{Robin Garr's Wine Lover's Discussion Group}

http://www.westcoastwine.net/
{Harrington's West Coast Wine Net}

http://forums.winespectator.com/6/ub...ms&lpos=TopNav
{Wine Spectator's Wine Forums}

Of all those I've listed, the WLDG is probably the closest in tone to
this group. The eBob group is quite varied, but has a general focus on
the wines that are very highly rated in the Wine Advocate. Some people
have also run into problems with the moderators of the eBob and WCWN
sites, who tend to be somewhat capricious and heavy-handed.

HTH
Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:37:56 -0400, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

>Frank wrote:
>> As well as this great newsgroup, can anyone please give links to what
>> you consider to presently be the best and most active (non-newsgroup)
>> wine discussion forums on the net.

>The most active forum, it's generally agreed, is Mark Squires's forum at
>Robert Parker's site:
>http://dat.erobertparker.com/bboard/...splay.php?f=10
>
>Other fairly active sites are listed below:
>
>http://www.wineloverspage.com/forum/...forum.php?f=21
>{Robin Garr's Wine Lover's Discussion Group}
>
>http://www.westcoastwine.net/
>{Harrington's West Coast Wine Net}
>
>http://forums.winespectator.com/6/ub...ms&lpos=TopNav
>{Wine Spectator's Wine Forums}
>
>Of all those I've listed, the WLDG is probably the closest in tone to
>this group. The eBob group is quite varied, but has a general focus on
>the wines that are very highly rated in the Wine Advocate. Some people
>have also run into problems with the moderators of the eBob and WCWN
>sites, who tend to be somewhat capricious and heavy-handed.

There's also the UK Wine Forum, which is pretty active
http://www.wine-pages.com/
Focus on the UK scene obviously, but not exclusively so. It picked up
up several refugees from eBob recently.

And Auswine.
http://forum.auswine.com.au/index.php
TBH I don't know much about this, but I have it bookmarked.

Oh, and there's a yahoo or msn group, or similar, with Bordeaux in the
name, which is very active. But its name escapes me ATM.

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher

BBQ Forums and Discussion Groups piedmont Barbecue 21 13-01-2010 02:32 PM
New to the forums. cookingudlookin General Cooking 1 24-01-2008 05:50 PM
New: All About Wine > Wine Forums concept wine[s] Wine 0 30-10-2006 09:01 PM
vegan discussion forums Steve Vegan 15 07-12-2004 02:34 PM
BBQ Forums Oso Barbecue 1 21-11-2004 12:19 AM