Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Pebble Beach Food & Wine

Did anyone attend this event at Pebble Beach this past week?

Posted to alt.food.wine

Rigaboy wrote:
> Did anyone attend this event at Pebble Beach this past week?

I did see an ad for it, but that's a lot of money to pay for a Pebble
Beach event that doesn't even include a round of golf.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

I agree with Mark. And I only live about 40 or 50 miles from Pebble Beach.

Jim Mehl

"Mark Lipton" > wrote in message
> Rigaboy wrote:
>> Did anyone attend this event at Pebble Beach this past week?

> I did see an ad for it, but that's a lot of money to pay for a Pebble
> Beach event that doesn't even include a round of golf.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
"Jim Mehl" > wrote:

> I agree with Mark. And I only live about 40 or 50 miles from Pebble Beach.
>
> Jim Mehl
>
> "Mark Lipton" > wrote in message
> > Rigaboy wrote:
> >> Did anyone attend this event at Pebble Beach this past week?

> > I did see an ad for it, but that's a lot of money to pay for a Pebble
> > Beach event that doesn't even include a round of golf.
> >
> > Mark Lipton
> >
> > --
> > alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

I looked at this as well but I wanted 2 rounds of golf and with that
added price and having to stay at Pebble Beach to play decided it was
all too much.
Posted to alt.food.wine

It sounds like someone ought to have a talk with those folks. A round or
two of golf might make a difference in the success of the event.
After all, one does not live by wine alone.

Jim

"Lawrence Leichtman" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Jim Mehl" > wrote:
>
>> I agree with Mark. And I only live about 40 or 50 miles from Pebble
>> Beach.
>>
>> Jim Mehl

>> > I did see an ad for it, but that's a lot of money to pay for a Pebble
>> > Beach event that doesn't even include a round of golf.
>> >
>> > Mark Lipton
>> >
>> > --
>> > alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

> I looked at this as well but I wanted 2 rounds of golf and with that
> added price and having to stay at Pebble Beach to play decided it was
> all too much.

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
"Jim Mehl" > wrote:

> It sounds like someone ought to have a talk with those folks. A round or
> two of golf might make a difference in the success of the event.
> After all, one does not live by wine alone.
>
> Jim
>
> "Lawrence Leichtman" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Jim Mehl" > wrote:
> >
> >> I agree with Mark. And I only live about 40 or 50 miles from Pebble
> >> Beach.
> >>
> >> Jim Mehl

> > I looked at this as well but I wanted 2 rounds of golf and with that
> > added price and having to stay at Pebble Beach to play decided it was
> > all too much.

Since I was interested, I did speak with them. It has more to do with
the Pebble Beach folks than the wine event folks. Apparently, Pebble
Beach has major stick up the butt syndrome. They think their courses are
shrines not to be traded for mere wine tasting convenience. At $375 to
play each course on top of the cost of a room at the inn, it becomes a
very major expenditure.