FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Bordeaux blend from Tuscany (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/152712-tn-bordeaux-blend-tuscany.html)

DaleW 01-04-2008 01:57 PM

TN: Bordeaux blend from Tuscany

Last night Betsy made "grownup macaroni and cheese" (gruyere, bacon,
cheddar, gorgonzola) and a braised chard with cannelloni beans. Latter
was a Tuscan recipe, so I opened a Tuscan wine, the 2005 I Greppi
Bolgheri Greppicante. Midweight, modern. Black plum and cassis fruit,
obvious but not overpowering toasty oak, a bit of earth on finish.
More tannins than the 2004 we tasted Friday exhibited. Acidity is
reasonably balanced. Can't say this screams Tuscany, but a pleasant if
international wine. B+/B
Good value at $13.50

DaleW 01-04-2008 02:02 PM

On Apr 1, 8:57�am, DaleW > wrote:
> Last night Betsy made "grownup macaroni and cheese" (gruyere, bacon,
> cheddar, gorgonzola) and a braised chard with cannelloni beans. Latter
> was a Tuscan recipe, so I opened a Tuscan wine, the 2005 I Greppi
> Bolgheri Greppicante. Midweight, modern. Black plum and cassis fruit,
> obvious but not overpowering toasty oak, a bit of earth on finish.
> More tannins than the 2004 we tasted Friday exhibited. Acidity is
> reasonably balanced. Can't say this screams Tuscany, but a pleasant if
> international wine. B+/B
> Good value at $13.50
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

60% CS, 30% Merlot, 10% CF.