Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Bordeaux blend from Tuscany

Last night Betsy made "grownup macaroni and cheese" (gruyere, bacon,
cheddar, gorgonzola) and a braised chard with cannelloni beans. Latter
was a Tuscan recipe, so I opened a Tuscan wine, the 2005 I Greppi
Bolgheri Greppicante. Midweight, modern. Black plum and cassis fruit,
obvious but not overpowering toasty oak, a bit of earth on finish.
More tannins than the 2004 we tasted Friday exhibited. Acidity is
reasonably balanced. Can't say this screams Tuscany, but a pleasant if
international wine. B+/B
Good value at $13.50

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 1, 8:57�am, DaleW > wrote:
> Last night Betsy made "grownup macaroni and cheese" (gruyere, bacon,
> cheddar, gorgonzola) and a braised chard with cannelloni beans. Latter
> was a Tuscan recipe, so I opened a Tuscan wine, the 2005 I Greppi
> Bolgheri Greppicante. Midweight, modern. Black plum and cassis fruit,
> obvious but not overpowering toasty oak, a bit of earth on finish.
> More tannins than the 2004 we tasted Friday exhibited. Acidity is
> reasonably balanced. Can't say this screams Tuscany, but a pleasant if
> international wine. B+/B
> Good value at $13.50
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

60% CS, 30% Merlot, 10% CF.

TN: SOBER does Burgundy, Alsace, Tuscany, and Bordeaux DaleW Wine 0 26-05-2011 01:30 PM
75 Bordeaux, Old Napa Cabs and a Great 82 Bordeaux Bill S. Wine 6 27-05-2010 08:30 PM
TN: Bordeaux, Tuscany, Burgundy, Galicia DaleW Wine 1 16-06-2008 02:49 PM
Bordeaux Blend Jim Winemaking 9 19-05-2006 07:51 PM
Bordeaux blend Jim Winemaking 23 05-04-2005 03:15 AM