Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1995 Roux Pere & Fils Chambolle-Musigny

I was browsing around a local shop when I came upon a bottle of the
1995 Roux Pere & Fils Chambolle-Musigny for $15.00 (The original price
sticker was $31.99USD). They had four bottles so I bought them all
and the shop owner sweetened the deal by giving me the fourth bottle
for free...which is exactly what the wine is worth. I understand that
Roux is a bulk producer selling in specialized bulk markets but this
wine was horrible. Very pale red in the glass and there were no
visable signs of aging or oxidation. There was virtually no nose.
The flavor could best be described as unsweetend diluted cherry Kool-
Aid and I mean really diluted....imagine filling a glass with ice,
pouring in some unsweetened cherry Kool-Aid, letting the ice totally
melt then drinking the faintly pink slightly sour cherry flavored
beverage. For those of you who might not know what Kool-AId is, it's
a dry powdered children's drink mix that is added to water. The wine
is too bad to even rate.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote in news:5d62f98e-9c3c-43fc-a0f1-
:

> I was browsing around a local shop when I came upon a bottle of the
> 1995 Roux Pere & Fils Chambolle-Musigny for $15.00 (The original price
> sticker was $31.99USD). They had four bottles so I bought them all
> and the shop owner sweetened the deal by giving me the fourth bottle
> for free...which is exactly what the wine is worth. I understand that
> Roux is a bulk producer selling in specialized bulk markets but this
> wine was horrible. Very pale red in the glass and there were no
> visable signs of aging or oxidation. There was virtually no nose.
> The flavor could best be described as unsweetend diluted cherry Kool-
> Aid and I mean really diluted....imagine filling a glass with ice,
> pouring in some unsweetened cherry Kool-Aid, letting the ice totally
> melt then drinking the faintly pink slightly sour cherry flavored
> beverage. For those of you who might not know what Kool-AId is, it's
> a dry powdered children's drink mix that is added to water. The wine
> is too bad to even rate.

Every time I see a really good deal I ask myself, can I wait to try one
bottle and risk there being no more tomorrow or do I dive in and hope I
like the stuff. I have 3 Rockbare Chardonnay as a result of my last go for
it, you have three Burgundies!

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 10, 7:37�pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> I was browsing around a local shop when I came upon a bottle of the
> 1995 Roux Pere & Fils Chambolle-Musigny for $15.00 (The original price
> sticker was $31.99USD). �They had four bottles so I bought them all
> and the shop owner sweetened the deal by giving me the fourth bottle
> for free...which is exactly what the wine is worth. �I understand that
> Roux is a bulk producer selling in specialized bulk markets but this
> wine was horrible. �Very pale red in the glass and there were no
> visable signs of aging or oxidation. �There was virtually no nose.
> The flavor could best be described as unsweetend diluted cherry Kool-
> Aid and I mean really diluted....imagine filling a glass with ice,
> pouring in some unsweetened cherry Kool-Aid, letting the ice totally
> melt then drinking the faintly pink slightly sour cherry flavored
> beverage. �For those of you who might not know what Kool-AId is, it's
> a dry powdered children's drink mix that is added to water. �The wine
> is too bad to even rate.

Yeck.
The only 2 Roux Pere & Fils experiences I have were not stellar,
though better than yours. A Puligny 1er (Folatieres I think) was a
decent Chard, but not really 1er quality. Similarly a '96 Vosne 1er
(Les Beaux Monts) wasn't up to level of vineyard, but I was reasonably
happy as it was $14.