Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Tin Roof Merlot

Last night, I whomped up a couple of respectable modified Napolitano Pizzas.
Normally, this would call for a raid upon my beer cache, but I was anxious
to open the bottle of 2005 Tin Roof Merlot. I had purchased it in a weak
moment, mainly because of the imaginative label.

It washed down the pizzas quite well. The nose was conspicuous for its
absence. The color befitted the light body, being neither vapid nor inky.
What predominated most was a plum overtone, although if one searched, there
were elements of cherry and tobacco leaves. They have achieved a reasonable
balance of elements to complement food of this type. However, it would be
difficult to imagine drinking this with any more complex foods.

On the Davis 20 point scale, I would award it a 14.

Godzilla
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Godzilla > wrote:

> Last night, I whomped up a couple of respectable modified Napolitano Pizzas.
> Normally, this would call for a raid upon my beer cache, but I was anxious
> to open the bottle of 2005 Tin Roof Merlot. I had purchased it in a weak
> moment, mainly because of the imaginative label.
>
> It washed down the pizzas quite well. The nose was conspicuous for its
> absence. The color befitted the light body, being neither vapid nor inky.
> What predominated most was a plum overtone, although if one searched, there
> were elements of cherry and tobacco leaves. They have achieved a reasonable
> balance of elements to complement food of this type. However, it would be
> difficult to imagine drinking this with any more complex foods.
>
> On the Davis 20 point scale, I would award it a 14.
>
> Godzilla

Is Tin Roof from Los Olivos?
Posted to alt.food.wine

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

> In article >,
> Godzilla > wrote:
>
>> Last night, I whomped up a couple of respectable modified Napolitano
>> Pizzas. Normally, this would call for a raid upon my beer cache, but I
>> was anxious to open the bottle of 2005 Tin Roof Merlot. I had purchased
>> it in a weak moment, mainly because of the imaginative label.
>>
>> It washed down the pizzas quite well. The nose was conspicuous for its
>> absence. The color befitted the light body, being neither vapid nor inky.
>> What predominated most was a plum overtone, although if one searched,
>> there were elements of cherry and tobacco leaves. They have achieved a
>> reasonable balance of elements to complement food of this type. However,
>> it would be difficult to imagine drinking this with any more complex
>> foods.
>>
>> On the Davis 20 point scale, I would award it a 14.
>>
>> Godzilla

> Is Tin Roof from Los Olivos?

It comes from Tin Roof Cellars.

Godzilla
Posted to alt.food.wine

Godzilla wrote:

>> Is Tin Roof from Los Olivos?

> It comes from Tin Roof Cellars.

Los Olivos is a town in Santa Barbara County. Tin Roof, however, is
located in Santa Rosa in Sonoma County. Their fact sheet on this Merlot
states that it comes from several vineyards in the North Coast and
Central Coast.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> Godzilla wrote:
>
> >> Is Tin Roof from Los Olivos?

> > It comes from Tin Roof Cellars.

> Los Olivos is a town in Santa Barbara County. Tin Roof, however, is
> located in Santa Rosa in Sonoma County. Their fact sheet on this Merlot
> states that it comes from several vineyards in the North Coast and
> Central Coast.
>
> Mark Lipton

Thanks, I thought I saw a Tin Roof cellars when walking around Los
Olivos.

roof Somebody General Cooking 4 08-10-2012 08:10 PM
raccoons on the roof Somebody General Cooking 45 20-09-2012 04:58 AM
Murphy Goode Tin Roof Sauvignon Blanc - any thoughts? Dick R. Wine 5 02-05-2007 09:31 PM
Up on the Roof Andy General Cooking 14 12-11-2006 02:21 AM