Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] 2005 CRB Gamay

Tonight, we had a light dinner of soup and salad, with which we opened:

2005 Clos Roche Blanche Gamay (Touraine)
nose: tart Gamay fruit, underbrush
palate: good acidity, dark fruit, herbal/leafy notes

Finally, I have to disagree with Dale: I love this Gamay from the Loire.
It had the brightness and cheer of Beaujolais with an added herbal note
I often get from Loire reds. Altogether enjoyable, and we've saved a
half bottle to see how it develops.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2005 CRB Gamay

On Jan 7, 11:05�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tonight, we had a light dinner of soup and salad, with which we opened:
>
> 2005 Clos Roche Blanche Gamay (Touraine)
> nose: tart Gamay fruit, underbrush
> palate: good acidity, dark fruit, herbal/leafy notes
>
> Finally, I have to disagree with Dale: I love this Gamay from the Loire.
> It had the brightness and cheer of Beaujolais with an added herbal note
> I often get from Loire reds. �Altogether enjoyable, and we've saved a
> half bottle to see how it develops.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

I haven't had the '05 to memory, but I am not surprised, most geeky
types seem to like. I always find it (I thinkI've had '01, '04, and
'06) interesting, but I keep getting a weird note (I refer to as
potted plant) that keeps it from going on buy again list. Maybe its
genetic. In any case. its about same price as Brun L'Ancien or Vissoux
cuvee traditionelle, so I'll get my Gamay fixes there.

TN: Gamay with brisket DaleW Wine 0 30-03-2010 01:13 PM
TN: Riesling and Gamay DaleW Wine 7 20-01-2010 04:28 PM
TN: '04 CRB Gamay (date night) DaleW Wine 2 13-09-2005 07:57 PM
Larry - CSC Gamay R Chuck Reid Wine 2 08-11-2004 01:04 AM
Gamay Beaujelais (sp?) Darwin Vander Stelt Winemaking 2 08-11-2003 02:53 AM