Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN Cheap Chianti, plus MSR Riesling

A couple of wines from last few days:

Betsy used the 2006 Gabbiano Chianti for the stracatto Monday. Recipe
called for a bottle, but there was a cup+ of the Faithful Hound, so
she started with that. I rebottled the 1/3 bottle of Gabbiano in a
empty 8 oz bottle I was saving for bottling vinegar, and refrigerated.
Last night I had it with leftover stracatto. Perfectly good light
Sangiovese, with bright acidity and cherry fruit. A little earthy/
leathery note. Not a lot of length, but nice and food friendly. I'm
glad I tried this night rather than before, when the Fontalloro would
have overshadowed it. Nice wine for ....$6! B/B-

On and off over 5 days, the 2005 von Hovel Estate Riesling Qba. Peach
with a squirt of lime juice, good length, a little mineral. A little
sweeter and more ponderous than my favorite QbAs, but certainly a nice
wine. Holds up well over 5 days. Good, but there are other $14
Rieslings I like a bit more. B-/B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:

> Last night I had it with leftover stracatto

Ask Betsy if it was an upbow or downbow stracatto.
She will explain it to you. ;-)

Godzilla
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Godzilla" > wrote in message
> DaleW wrote:
>
>> Last night I had it with leftover stracatto

> Ask Betsy if it was an upbow or downbow stracatto.
> She will explain it to you. ;-)

Along with pizzacato?
Graham

Posted to alt.food.wine

graham wrote:

> "Godzilla" > wrote in message
>> DaleW wrote:
>>
>>> Last night I had it with leftover stracatto

>> Ask Betsy if it was an upbow or downbow stracatto.
>> She will explain it to you. ;-)
>>

> Along with pizzacato?
> Graham

That's an easy one. It must have something to do with Pizza. ;-)

Godzilla