Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Which direction do I go from here?

I'm trying to keep an open mind on drinking wine. Most $20 to $100
bottles of wine taste like vinegar to my taste buds. I had tried Merlot
and Petite Sirah and both didn't appeal to me until I added some sprite
soda to the wine, only then could I taste those berry flavors that are
said to be in these wines. I do enjoy drinking Cherry Kijafa because
it's flavor packed and very full bodied. My question since I like Cherry
Kijafa which other types of wines would I enjoy drinking?. Thanks for
any suggestions. Ed

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 3, 7:31 am, wrote:
> I'm trying to keep an open mind on drinking wine. Most $20 to $100
> bottles of wine taste like vinegar to my taste buds. I had tried Merlot
> and Petite Sirah and both didn't appeal to me until I added some sprite
> soda to the wine, only then could I taste those berry flavors that are
> said to be in these wines. I do enjoy drinking Cherry Kijafa because
> it's flavor packed and very full bodied. My question since I like Cherry
> Kijafa which other types of wines would I enjoy drinking?. Thanks for
> any suggestions. Ed

Try some Dolcetto (from Piedmont, northern Ital) or Nero d'Avola (from
Sicily). Get away from that shit you have been drinking.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Thank you for the response. I'll check out the wines you gentleman have
suggested.
At the wine shop that I go to I think I seen some of those Aussie
Shiraz's in the refrigerator along side of the Boone's farm strawberry
wine so I guess it's a cheap wine lol. As long as the wine has a full
bodied rich taste I don't care what it costs. Thank you for your time.
Ed