Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Valentine's dinner

so I scrapped the steak Diane for Rack of Lamb, brilliant idea if I do
say so myself. startedwith a split of Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Noirs,
really a yummy wine, a tad sweet and grapey but delicious, definitely
light years from Korbel or even Kristone.

the Ch. Belair was a hit with the family, but I have to say I was a
little underwhelmed. Either my nose is off, and yet I can still smell
that lamb, or this wine had very little bouquet even after decanting
(though that did improve things quite a bit) negligible tannin smooth
but forgetable.

I finished by breaking out the remnants of a Bandol dessert wine from
several weeks ago, which was nice albeit quite pruny.

Oh well the Caesar Salad (raw egg and anchovy and all) was a hit as was
the Gloria Ferrer . . .
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 14, 8:42�pm, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
> so I scrapped the steak Diane for Rack of Lamb, brilliant idea if I do
> say so myself. startedwith a split of Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Noirs,
> really a yummy wine, a tad sweet and grapey but delicious, definitely
> light years from Korbel or even Kristone.
>
> the Ch. Belair was a hit with the family, but I have to say I was a
> little underwhelmed. Either my nose is off, and yet I can still smell
> that lamb, or this wine had very little bouquet even after decanting
> (though that did improve things quite a bit) negligible tannin smooth
> but forgetable.
>
> I finished by breaking out the remnants of a Bandol dessert wine from
> several weeks ago, which was nice albeit quite pruny.
>
> Oh *well the Caesar Salad (raw egg and anchovy and all) was a hit as was
> the Gloria Ferrer . . .

Joseph,
what year was the Belair?

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> On Feb 14, 8:42�pm, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
>> so I scrapped the steak Diane for Rack of Lamb, brilliant idea if I do
>> say so myself. startedwith a split of Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Noirs,
>> really a yummy wine, a tad sweet and grapey but delicious, definitely
>> light years from Korbel or even Kristone.
>>
>> the Ch. Belair was a hit with the family, but I have to say I was a
>> little underwhelmed. Either my nose is off, and yet I can still smell
>> that lamb, or this wine had very little bouquet even after decanting
>> (though that did improve things quite a bit) negligible tannin smooth
>> but forgetable.
>>
>> I finished by breaking out the remnants of a Bandol dessert wine from
>> several weeks ago, which was nice albeit quite pruny.
>>
>> Oh �well the Caesar Salad (raw egg and anchovy and all) was a hit as was
>> the Gloria Ferrer . . .

> Joseph,
> what year was the Belair?

oops that was a 2000 the Ferrer was a 2005