Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Need Help On Pronunciation

How should " Clos Ste Hune" be pronounced?
And what does it mean?
Thanks
Ray

Posted to alt.food.wine

Nice trick....imagine is she had done it with Pana Water!!! Great Reisling.

"Mike Tommasi" > wrote in message
> Sioux wrote:
>> How should " Clos Ste Hune" be pronounced?
>> And what does it mean?

> Pronounce cloh-sent-oon
>
> A clos is a vineyard enclosed by walls.
>
> Ste Hune is Sainte Hune, AKA Sainte Lavandière (the washerwoman saint), a
> 7th century frank who must have performed some miracle (turned water into
> riesling?) and after whom the village of Hunawihr was named.
>
> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Posted to alt.food.wine

Thanks guys
"Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Nice trick....imagine is she had done it with Pana Water!!! Great

Reisling.

> "Mike Tommasi" > wrote in message
> > Sioux wrote:
> >> How should " Clos Ste Hune" be pronounced?
> >> And what does it mean?

> > Pronounce cloh-sent-oon
> >
> > A clos is a vineyard enclosed by walls.
> >
> > Ste Hune is Sainte Hune, AKA Sainte Lavandière (the washerwoman saint),

> > 7th century frank who must have performed some miracle (turned water

into
> > riesling?) and after whom the village of Hunawihr was named.
> >
> > --
> > Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> > email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 02:40:15 -0800, "Dana H. Myers"
> wrote:

>Mike Tommasi wrote:
>> Sioux wrote:
>>> How should " Clos Ste Hune" be pronounced?
>>> And what does it mean?

>> Pronounce cloh-sent-oon
>>
>> A clos is a vineyard enclosed by walls.
>>
>> Ste Hune is Sainte Hune, AKA Sainte Lavandière (the washerwoman saint),
>> a 7th century frank who must have performed some miracle (turned water
>> into riesling?)

>I'm guessing she was the first to remove to red wine stains from
>shirts.

LOL. I note that St Benedict's first miracle was mending a broken
tray, so aclaiming the removal of a red wine stain as a miracle is not
too far fetched.

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher
Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike Tommasi wrote:
> Sioux wrote:
>> How should " Clos Ste Hune" be pronounced?
>> And what does it mean?

> Pronounce cloh-sent-oon
>
> A clos is a vineyard enclosed by walls.
>
> Ste Hune is Sainte Hune, AKA Sainte Lavandière (the washerwoman saint),
> a 7th century frank who must have performed some miracle (turned water
> into riesling?)

I'm guessing she was the first to remove to red wine stains from
shirts.

Dana

re pronunciation Ray Asian Cooking 0 28-10-2007 11:56 AM
re pronunciation Ray Asian Cooking 0 28-10-2007 11:51 AM
re pronunciation Ray Asian Cooking 0 28-10-2007 11:36 AM
re pronunciation Ray Asian Cooking 0 28-10-2007 11:32 AM
re pronunciation Ray Asian Cooking 0 28-10-2007 11:26 AM