Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Cheverny (wine white) at Galvin Bistrot (London, Baker Steet): producer & retail availability?

That's about it, really. Someone on the table had a glass, and a second,
and I've not known them do that before, so it would be nice to buy or two a
bottle as a surprise.
tia
Bill
PS It's Sauvignon Blanc with a little Chardonnay, I understand, fwiw.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:38:55 +0100, "Bill Davy" >
wrote:

>That's about it, really. Someone on the table had a glass, and a second,
>and I've not known them do that before, so it would be nice to buy or two a
>bottle as a surprise.
>tia
> Bill
>PS It's Sauvignon Blanc with a little Chardonnay, I understand, fwiw.

What?

Posted to alt.food.wine

Bill Davy wrote:
> That's about it, really. Someone on the table had a glass, and a second,
> and I've not known them do that before, so it would be nice to buy or two a
> bottle as a surprise.
> tia
> Bill
> PS It's Sauvignon Blanc with a little Chardonnay, I understand, fwiw.

Bill,
Yes, Cheverny is an appellation from the Loire valley where the white
wines must be made from 60-85% Sauvignon with the remainder usually
being Chardonnay. There is also a region inside Cheverny known as
Cour-Cheverny where the white wine is made from the Romorantin grape.
My favorite producer in the region is Cazin. If you want to get the
exact wine you had at Galvin, I suggest that you contact them to ask
what Cheverny is on their winelist. From there, you can get
Wine-searcher to give you a list of retailers currently selling it.

Mark Lipton