Default Breadmaking machines

I have a recipe that has only one tablespoon of vegetable oil in the
recipe and it turns out delicious every time...

I have a recipe that has only one tablespoon of vegetable oil in the
recipe and it turns out delicious every time...
Chris

I purchaed a Zoji or zojirushi if you like the long name more than
15 years ago and it's still working great. we make all types of breads
including the heavy more nutritious breads. the only part I have had
to replace is the pan and that was after 10 years of use .

Chris
Richard Crowley

"axlq" wrote ...
> I guess you get what you pay for. The bread machines I've used
> all turned out pretty good bread. In the 1980s I bought one from
> DAK (if anyone remembers that company) and it's still in service
> at my Mom's house. It seemed you could throw just about anything
> into it and some kind of bread would emerge. Now the lid gasket
> has disintegrated over the years, so it can't hold in the heat
> while baking. My mom now uses it for kneading dough only. The
> baking part is simple enough to do yourself, anyway -- the hours of
> kneading / rising cycles are the hard part.

Drew Kaplan is back running DAK again (www.dak.com)
In his history page http://www.dak.com/whathappened.htm
he says: "I'd guess that the 900,000 of us who automated our
breadmaking were some of the best fed, contented people
anywhere in the country." Interesting reading for those of
us who *do* remember DAK. I wonder if he knows Ron
Popeil? :-)
Richard Crowley