Robin

Default Chunky TVP?

Has anyone seen chunky TVP in their local stores lately? I used to get
it from the bulk bins in my local health grocery (Wild Oats), but
they're not carrying it anymore, and the people I've talked to there
don't know when they can/will carry it again. They have the granulated
TVP, but I depend on the chunky stuff for several of my staple
recipes. I know it's still being sold, as it's available online, but
for more than twice the price than I'm used to paying (and that's
without counting shipping). I travel a lot, so if I know where it's
being sold, there's a good chance I can get it without having to order
online at outrageous prices. Thanks to anyone who can give me a
pointer.

--Robin
usual suspect

Robin wrote:
> Has anyone seen chunky TVP in their local stores lately?

Wheatsville Co-op in Austin, Texas, carries chunks and cutlets in bulk. They
don't sell online, and I don't know if they'll do mail-order.

http://www.wheatsville.com/

[[ moderator note: excessive quoting trimmed, would have been rejected
for the poster to do this, but faked addresses are being used *sigh* ]]