FoodBanter.com

-   Vegetarian cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/)
-   -   Sunshine Burgers (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/13624-sunshine-burgers.html)

Julie Falsetti 13-10-2003 08:23 AM

Sunshine Burgers

These are sold in the U.S. The ingredients list says raw sunflower seed,
brown rice, carrots, herbs, and salt. I would like to try making them at
home. Has anyone else tried?

Thanks in advance.

.... julie

Kate Pugh 20-10-2003 12:54 AM

Sunshine Burgers

Julie Falsetti > wrote:
> These are sold in the U.S. The ingredients list says raw sunflower seed,
> brown rice, carrots, herbs, and salt. I would like to try making them at
> home. Has anyone else tried?

I've not tried these. Are they dehydrated a bit or just sold as is?
I've made a "raw loaf" that involves soaking almonds then blenderising
them with raw vegetables such as carrots, cabbage, tomato, etc, various
flavourings, and mashed avocado. Pretty tasty, though you want to eat
it straight away as it doesn't keep.

Kake

eye of newt 20-10-2003 09:14 AM

Sunshine Burgers

In article
Julie Falsetti > wrote:

> These are sold in the U.S. The ingredients list says raw sunflower seed,
> brown rice, carrots, herbs, and salt. I would like to try making them at
> home. Has anyone else tried?

I love them. They're *green*, just so you know, and taste *wonderful*
with barbecue sauce on an onion roll.

ygg

Julie Falsetti 22-10-2003 09:56 AM

Sunshine Burgers

These are sold fresh (frozen) and require no cooking.