Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Longer Life?

Being a vegan is like anything else in life. If your going to be one do it
right. If you fry all your veggies in veggie oil you can expect an early
heart attack and if you eat only raw veggies and fruits then you can expect
an early death from about a dozen or so illnesses. How about a cigarette in
one side of your mouth and a carrot in the other. So how to be a vegan the
right way? Anyone know? Oh ya will 3 oz of salmon per day do me more good or
harm. I know all kinds of junk in the sea. How about some fish oil tabs? I
think I could get away with that and if not how much time off my life would
2 fish oil tabs a day take off? Hey I'm not a trouble maker, I'm just trying
to learn.

Richard

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Richard Miller" > wrote in message
> Being a vegan is like anything else in life. If your going to be one do it
> right. If you fry all your veggies in veggie oil you can expect an early
> heart attack and if you eat only raw veggies and fruits then you can

expect
> an early death from about a dozen or so illnesses. How about a cigarette

in
> one side of your mouth and a carrot in the other. So how to be a vegan the
> right way? Anyone know? Oh ya will 3 oz of salmon per day do me more good

or
> harm. I know all kinds of junk in the sea. How about some fish oil tabs? I
> think I could get away with that and if not how much time off my life

would
> 2 fish oil tabs a day take off? Hey I'm not a trouble maker, I'm just

trying
> to learn.
>
> Richard

I have eaten a straight raw no animal products diet for over 20 years, I am
not a vegan, actually I don't know or care to put a label on my lifestyle. I
started out sick with no future, no chance of ever having a family
(children), no chance of ever living a full or long life. I am now and have
been for many years completely healthy. Had 6 children and now have 17 grand
children. It wasn't easy, sometimes it was very hard, sometimes I even
regressed because I listened to people I shouldn't have instead of using my
own common since, paying attention to nature and paying attention to how I
felt and my bodies needs. I have come across a few good books that helped me
but the number one influences in my life were Mother Earth news, the books
put out by the Diamonds, "Fit for Life" series and as I have mention here
before The China Study. I don't know that any of these will help you with
your Vegan issue....probably not but they may help you with your health
issues if you have any. Good Luck

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Thank you for your reply
I need all the help I can get. Can you tell me a little more about your diet
and can you recommend a book which might led me into the right direction?
I'll be 59 years old next month and the way I'm going I won't make it until
I retire. I really need to eat right instead on burger king like today and
eating out of cans 90% of the time is a sure fire way to the grave yard. I'm
the only one that can do it and depression sure plays a part but maybe diet
would help with that. Any advice would be appreciated.

Richard

"Isabeau" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Richard Miller" > wrote in message
>> Being a vegan is like anything else in life. If your going to be one do
>> it
>> right. If you fry all your veggies in veggie oil you can expect an early
>> heart attack and if you eat only raw veggies and fruits then you can

> expect
>> an early death from about a dozen or so illnesses. How about a cigarette

> in
>> one side of your mouth and a carrot in the other. So how to be a vegan
>> the
>> right way? Anyone know? Oh ya will 3 oz of salmon per day do me more good

> or
>> harm. I know all kinds of junk in the sea. How about some fish oil tabs?
>> think I could get away with that and if not how much time off my life

> would
>> 2 fish oil tabs a day take off? Hey I'm not a trouble maker, I'm just

> trying
>> to learn.
>>
>> Richard

> I have eaten a straight raw no animal products diet for over 20 years, I
> am
> not a vegan, actually I don't know or care to put a label on my lifestyle.
> started out sick with no future, no chance of ever having a family
> (children), no chance of ever living a full or long life. I am now and
> have
> been for many years completely healthy. Had 6 children and now have 17
> grand
> children. It wasn't easy, sometimes it was very hard, sometimes I even
> regressed because I listened to people I shouldn't have instead of using
> my
> own common since, paying attention to nature and paying attention to how I
> felt and my bodies needs. I have come across a few good books that helped
> me
> but the number one influences in my life were Mother Earth news, the books
> put out by the Diamonds, "Fit for Life" series and as I have mention here
> before The China Study. I don't know that any of these will help you with
> your Vegan issue....probably not but they may help you with your health
> issues if you have any. Good Luck

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> Thank you for your reply
> I need all the help I can get. Can you tell me a little more about your

diet
> and can you recommend a book which might led me into the right direction?
> I'll be 59 years old next month and the way I'm going I won't make it

until
> I retire. I really need to eat right instead on burger king like today and
> eating out of cans 90% of the time is a sure fire way to the grave yard.

I'm
> the only one that can do it and depression sure plays a part but maybe

diet
> would help with that. Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Richard

lol, sorry Richard that is my whole life story and I'm sure you don't want
to hear that, it is so boring . But I guess I started with those areas
that were the worst problems for me at the time. I was diagnosed as a, type
A diabetic (what they called it at the time) had my foot in the door so to
speak. I was told it would probably get worse as I aged but diet would help.
I was 15 when I was told this.
I was on dialysis for my infected and weak kidneys and urinary tract.
Problems with this most of my life. I was 18 when I had my worst episode and
was put on dialysis.
I had rh - blood and was told because of the lack of information and my
family history that I shouldn't have any children, especially with the
addition of the other two problems above. I was 20 at the time.
Well if that wasn't bad enough I developed a liver problem and the onset of
liver cancer. I was in my middle 20's. I was very depressed, I felt I had
nothing to offer anyone, no life that I wanted to live and on top of this I
was already developing a severe case of arthritis in my joints especially my
hands and it was very painful. Ya your right I was a basket full of self
pity and even thought of suicide. How stupid is that.
I became very angry with myself and decided I really didn't have anything to
loose by going out and researching the "weird" as they called it back then.
So I did. I found that there are many ways to help yourself and no "one" way
to do it.
I listened, read and wrote to anyone I thought could help me but learned
early on to beware of the guy who is trying to sell me something. I tested,
tried, investigated and researched till I was blue lol but I learned some
very important things along the way.
Good clean filtered water without anything added was best for me. Herbs,
aloe vera, lots of fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds and whole grains. I
switched over by first changing 1 thing at a time. I wanted to know if it
worked, that meant cutting things out of my diet.
I started with all refined sugars, and all refined flour products. Started
taking herbs to maintain my regularity lol, researched herbs to see which
ones healed what and made my own combinations. Scared me to death but I did
it. What did I have to loose. Drank clean pure water until I thought I'd
float away. Made my own bread etc with whole grains I ground myself. You
have to understand back then there were no health food stores or herb co. I
could run out to and get help from. Ya, I'm that old lol.
The next step was all dairy, that was about 6 months later. Got really good
results from the first step so I was chomping at the bit to try the next
step. I got even better results faster with this change.
The next big step was anything that wasn't natural, table salt, sweeteners,
colors, preservatives, additives. I became a very good cook , and very
inventive lol. The results were scuttle but by then I was on a roll. I
reduced most of my problems in 3 years to where they were manageable but
after a few more years I wanted more so I started eating mostly fruit,
vegetables mostly green ones, nuts, seeds, grains, sprouts, all raw, started
drying, blending and decided to cut out meals as I had much better luck
grazing lol. Made smoothies of both fruit and vegetables.
The last hold out was animal flesh. It was a long time before this was cut
out of my diet. I guess it was because my high school sweetheart went on to
work in the meat industry. lol We have farmed, he has been a meat cutter and
still is by the way since he was 16. We have owned and operated both a
custom packing house as well as an inspected one I even owned and operated a
goat dairy at one time. I really love animals and I had fun.
The last hold out was my liver and my constantly having to clean of gall
stones from my gall bladder. It had me stymied, I just couldn't figure out
what was causing it, then I was told about the Diamonds book fit for
life....so I took the last step and got rid of the little meat that I was at
that time eating including eggs. Well that did the trick it took a few years
but I am patient. I notice that when I was eating meat I would experience
bloating, gas, indigestion, body odor, bad breath and I would usually get
depressed for a few days. My liver would be tender as well. After cutting
out animal flesh within a few weeks all of these symptoms started to
disappear.
I am nearly 60 and for the past 20 or so years I have been perfectly
healthy, never have depression, no illnesses, no pain. Oh yes although
it is my nemesis (I really hate doing it lol) exercise is hand and hand with
all the other things I do.
Is this life style easy? Sometimes NO. Tempted? OFTEN. Fail? Occasionally.
But when I do I really pay for it so believe you me it isn't often lol.
Any way Richard that is what I did in a nut shell, sorry it was so long
winded. If I can do it anyone can. But you have to do what is good for you
in your own way. My way was easiest for me. I believe with all my heat that
cutting animal products out of your life and eating all raw is the most
healthy way to live..........for me. You have to choose your own way
Richard, good luck in what ever you decide.
PS- I no have 6 children all grown with children of their own. It can be
done Richard, I did it.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Thank you again for the reply. I found your story fascinating. The bottom
line is you applied good old fashion horse since. What you wrote is
something I basically know and I think a lot of people know also but to
apply what we know is another thing. I just don't want to wait until I'm bed
ridden before I apply some common since. Thanks for the inspiration.

> [...]

> although
> it is my nemesis (I really hate doing it lol) exercise is hand and hand
> with
> all the other things I do.
> Is this life style easy? Sometimes NO. Tempted? OFTEN. Fail? Occasionally.
> But when I do I really pay for it so believe you me it isn't often lol.
> Any way Richard that is what I did in a nut shell, sorry it was so long
> winded. If I can do it anyone can. But you have to do what is good for you
> in your own way. My way was easiest for me. I believe with all my heat
> that
> cutting animal products out of your life and eating all raw is the most
> healthy way to live..........for me. You have to choose your own way
> Richard, good luck in what ever you decide.
> PS- I no have 6 children all grown with children of their own. It can be

Posted to alt.food.vegan
nyx nyx is offline

Richard Miller wrote:
> [...]
>>although
>>it is my nemesis (I really hate doing it lol) exercise is hand and hand
>>with
>>all the other things I do.
>>Is this life style easy? Sometimes NO. Tempted? OFTEN. Fail? Occasionally.
>>But when I do I really pay for it so believe you me it isn't often lol.
>>Any way Richard that is what I did in a nut shell, sorry it was so long
>>winded. If I can do it anyone can. But you have to do what is good for you
>>in your own way. My way was easiest for me. I believe with all my heat
>>that
>>cutting animal products out of your life and eating all raw is the most
>>healthy way to live..........for me. You have to choose your own way
>>Richard, good luck in what ever you decide.
>>PS- I no have 6 children all grown with children of their own. It can be

Richard, see my reply under "why am I so stupid". Funny, but it echos
part of the suggestions here. I too don't like "labels". I am not
vegan. I am if you must impose a label, a strict vegetarian. If you
must make a change slowly, so be it, you WILL notice a difference. Good
luck.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Your right, I always try and do everything all at once and guess what, I
fail every time. So this time I'm just going to add and subtract one item at
a time and take it easy. The first item I'm going to take away is no more
burger king. I think that's a good start. Thanks for the feed back.

Richard

"nyx" > wrote in message
> [...]
>>>Any way Richard that is what I did in a nut shell, sorry it was so long
>>>winded. If I can do it anyone can. But you have to do what is good for
>>>you
>>>in your own way. My way was easiest for me. I believe with all my heat
>>>that
>>>cutting animal products out of your life and eating all raw is the most
>>>healthy way to live..........for me. You have to choose your own way
>>>Richard, good luck in what ever you decide.
>>>PS- I no have 6 children all grown with children of their own. It can be
>>>done Richard, I did it.
>>>

> Richard, see my reply under "why am I so stupid". Funny, but it echos
> part of the suggestions here. I too don't like "labels". I am not vegan.
> I am if you must impose a label, a strict vegetarian. If you must make a
> change slowly, so be it, you WILL notice a difference. Good luck.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
nyx nyx is offline

Richard Miller wrote:
> Your right, I always try and do everything all at once and guess what, I
> fail every time. So this time I'm just going to add and subtract one item at
> a time and take it easy. The first item I'm going to take away is no more
> burger king. I think that's a good start. Thanks for the feed back.
>
> Richard
>

> "nyx" > wrote in message
>
>>Richard Miller wrote:
>>
>>>Thank you again for the reply. I found your story fascinating. The bottom
>>>line is you applied good old fashion horse since. What you wrote is
>>>something I basically know and I think a lot of people know also but to
>>>apply what we know is another thing. I just don't want to wait until I'm
>>>bed ridden before I apply some common since. Thanks for the inspiration.
>>>
>>>Richard

>>Richard, see my reply under "why am I so stupid". Funny, but it echos
>>part of the suggestions here. I too don't like "labels". I am not vegan.
>>I am if you must impose a label, a strict vegetarian. If you must make a
>>change slowly, so be it, you WILL notice a difference. Good luck.

Good luck and hang in there! Your one of the good guys, I can just tell
..
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Richard Miller wrote:
> Being a vegan is like anything else in life. If your going to be one do it
> right. If you fry all your veggies in veggie oil you can expect an early
> heart attack and if you eat only raw veggies and fruits then you can expect
> an early death from about a dozen or so illnesses. How about a cigarette in
> one side of your mouth and a carrot in the other. So how to be a vegan the
> right way? Anyone know?

Sure. You ask a professional dietician. If you want a book
recommendation
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...roduct-details
seems like a good book to a layman like
me.

> Oh ya will 3 oz of salmon per day do me more good or
> harm.

Depends what else you are eating. If you are not taking
supplements than you need the salmon (or other animal
product) for your vitamin B12.

>I know all kinds of junk in the sea. How about some fish oil tabs?

I'd have thought the whole fish was the better choice although it may
be just prejudice. That way along with the mercury and fat you get
protein and various beneficial or essential nutrients.

> I think I could get away with that and if not how much time off my life would
> 2 fish oil tabs a day take off? Hey I'm not a trouble maker, I'm just trying
> to learn.
>
> Richard

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Richard,
Definately cut out Burger King and any other fast food outlets you
use!!!!
Try replacing those burgers with veggie alternatives in the supermarket
frozen/chilled section
Have a look in Holland and Barrett, it's full of healthy stuff.
Cut out chocolate and crisps and replace with oatcakes, dried apricots,
figs, dates, flapjacks.
Cut out fizzy drinks, drink more water, try green tea instead of black.
Once you get used to a healthier diet and find foods you like you wont
want to go back to eating junk.
If you want any more ideas reply to the post
Ben

veggies life longer M.Balarama Vegan 0 06-01-2007 06:22 PM
Healthy Food = A Longer Life Wholefood Farmacy Beer 3 08-03-2005 06:14 PM
Healthy Food = A Longer Life Wholefood Farmacy Tea 0 05-03-2005 04:08 PM
Healthy Food = A Longer Life Wholefood Farmacy Cooking Equipment 0 05-03-2005 04:07 PM
Healthy Food = A Longer Life Wholefood Farmacy Historic 0 05-03-2005 04:07 PM