Derek

Default What are they feeding that cow?

U.S.D.A. have issued a marketing claims standard
proposal and published it for comment in 2002, and
while this proposal is under review so-called grass
fed beef producers can and have adopted it with
U.S.D.A.'s full seal of approval to offload their
grain-finished beef onto unsuspecting customers as
grass-fed beef.

Here below is that proposed standard.

Claim and Standard:
[sbull] Grass Fed.--Grass, green or range pasture, or
forage shall be 80% or more of the primary energy
source throughout the animal's life cycle.

Dated: December 20, 2002.
A.J. Yates,
Administrator, Agricultural Marketing Service.
[FR Doc. 02-32806 Filed 12-27-02; 8:45 am]

BILLING CODE 3410-02-P]
http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/stand/ls0202.txt

And below is a statement from the same page urging so-
called grass fed beef producers to use those proposed
marketing claims standards while U.S.D.A. prepares to
make them final by publishing them.

"The proposed marketing claim standards may be used in
conjunction with [non]existing regulations or voluntary
USDA grade standards in USDA Certified and USDA
Verified programs." [my edit]
http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/stand/ls0202.txt

When published ALL "New participants in USDA
Certified or USDA Verified programs will be required
to adhere to the United States Standards for Livestock
and Meat Marketing Claims immediately."

"AMS is seeking public comment on the following
proposed United States Standards for Livestock and
Meat Marketing Claims. New participants in USDA
Certified or USDA Verified programs will be required
to adhere to the United States Standards for Livestock
and Meat Marketing Claims immediately."
http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/stand/ls0202.txt

Grass fed beef, then, is grain finished, just like any other
steer in the feedlot, and U.S.D.A. is about to publish a
claims standard that will allow beef farmers to continue
deceiving their customers. A consumer reports magazine
confirms these concerns as follows;

[The claims “100 percent grass fed” and “grass fed only,”
which may appear on other companies’ packaging, would
be useful if true, but they’re not verified, either.

A proposal by the USDA for an optional verification program
for “process claims,” including feeding methods, would only
add to the confusion. Products that passed an inspection could
carry a “USDA Process Verified” shield next to the label “grass
fed” if as little as 80 percent of the feed were grass, with no
limits on the other 20 percent; “grain fed” could be used with a
diet of as little as 50 percent grain. The agency has delayed
implementation of the rule after protests from farmer and
consumer groups, including Consumers Union, publisher of
Consumer Reports magazine.]
http://tinyurl.com/b63f3

The protests from these farmers and consumer groups can
be found on U.S.D.A.'s web site, and I've included two
here as examples;

[Grass Fed Claims; This would appear to be the
most commented upon topic in this docket. We
will not belabor all the points of concern which
are addressed but will focus on the areas of
concern to our cooperative of growers. While
Grain Fed addressed specifically what the method
IS, Grass Fed seems to try to define what it IS
NOT. This dichotomy is confusing. We feel that
you need to define both as what they ARE since
that is what is motivating the consumer.

While the intent of this language would suggest
that Grass Fed animals are not Grain Finished,
especially in Feedlots, the language as written is
not at all clear to that end. In fact by allowing
80% of consumed energy to be concentrated at
the finishing stage, our data suggests that beef
animals could be fed 50% forage /50% grain for
70 days at finishing. Likewise an animal could be
fed 85% grain for 60 days and still qualify under
these guidelines. This is absolutely not in line with
consumer expectations as is borne out in the
website comments.]
http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/stand/comments/mc213.pdf

and

[The proposed definition of the claim ?grass fed,? as it
may appear on future USDA approved beef labels, is
meaningless in the context of the current United States
cattle market and would violate consumer trust if put
into effect.

The huge majority of all beef cattle in the United States
are ?finished? on a grain-based ration in a commercial
feed lot. Even so, virtually all American cattle spend
80% or more of their lives on pasture eating grasses,
legumes and naturally occurring seeds (grain). Calling
these animals ?grass fed,? as proposed in the new label
claim definition, ignores the fact that in most cases their
whole diet for the last few months of their lives contains
no grass at all. Calling these animals ?grass fed? therefore
becomes meaningless since virtually all cattle are grass fed
as in the proposed definition.

However, for the last decade, a small, but growing number
of producers, including ourselves, have been marketing
cattle finished exclusively on pasture and hay without the
use of unnatural levels of grain-based seeds. This grass-
finished beef has been marketed as ?grassfed? or ?grass-
fed?, and these terms have come to be recognized by
millions of consumers. The enormous publicity over the
last year for grassfed meats (following on best-selling
books such as The Omega Diet and Fast Food Nation)
has reinforced the perception that ?grass fed? is
synonymous with grass-finished and, by extension, that no
supplemental grain has been provided to the animals.

So, I feel that to call an animal that has received as much
as 20% of its total nutrition in a grain feeding finishing
program ?grass fed? could be misleading and confusing
to the consumer. Grain finishing of ruminants is an artificial
feeding practice born of our unique circumstances here in
the United States. Grass feeding is the basis for ruminant
health consistent with the genetic structure and nutritional
requirements of the animals. The claim ?grass fed? as used
on a USDA-approved label should mean that a grassfed
animal has received no grain other than that which is naturally
occurring on pasture or in hay feeds.]
http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/stand/comments/mc102.txt

Grass fed beef, then, isn't exactly what its name implies, and
has just as much an association with the collateral deaths
found in crop production as from any other steer found in the
feedlot, so don't be fooled by the meat pushers, here or
anywhere.
Rudy Canoza

Derek lied:
> U.S.D.A. have issued a marketing claims standard
> proposal and

....have now dropped it. It generated intense opposition from dozens of
affected parties, and they have dropped it. They are now working on a
new proposed standard, for which they will again solicit public comment.

Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:

> U.S.D.A. have issued a marketing claims standard
> proposal

....and now they've withdrawn it. It got too much
criticism during the public comment period.

They've withdrawn it, and they're working on a replacement.
Derek

On 8 Sep 2005 16:40:40 -0700, "Rudy Canoza" > wrote:
>Derek wrote:
>>
>> U.S.D.A. have issued a marketing claims standard
>> proposal and

>...have now dropped it.

That's a desperate lie to be offering right now, especially
when looking at the response you received only yesterday
from William Sessions, the associate deputy administrator
at the Livestock and Seed Program at USDA who verifies
that the proposal is still very much alive and under review.
Here's what you wrote yesterday;

[I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy
administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock
and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of
writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims";
his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page
whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

From: "Sessions, William" >
To: <jonball@[...]>

Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing
claim standards are still under review by USDA.
Accordingly, the standards have not been published
in a final form for use. I hope this information is
helpful. Please let me know if further information is
needed. Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator Livestock and Seed
Program
Jonathan Ball (Rudy Canoza) http://tinyurl.com/dkdxo

So you've lied, Jon. It hasn't been dropped at all: "The
marketing claims standards are still under review by
USDA.", and while this review is under way USDA
urges beef producers to use their proposed marketing
claims standards while it prepares to make them final
later by publishing them.

[...]

You lied, Jon. You have no interest in the truth concerning
these matters, and being the meat propagandist you most
certainly are you'll say anything to keep the lie behind grass
fed beef alive.
Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 04:19:09 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:
>
>> U.S.D.A. have issued a marketing claims standard
>> proposal

>...and now they've withdrawn it.

That's a desperate lie to be offering right now, especially
when looking at the response you received only yesterday
from William Sessions, the associate deputy administrator
at the Livestock and Seed Program at USDA who verifies
that the proposal is still very much alive and under review.
Here's what you wrote yesterday;

[I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy
administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock
and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of
writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims";
his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page
whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

rick

"Derek" > wrote in message
> On 8 Sep 2005 16:40:40 -0700, "Rudy Canoza"
> > wrote:
>>Derek wrote:
>>>
>>> U.S.D.A. have issued a marketing claims standard
>>> proposal and

>>...have now dropped it.

> That's a desperate lie

=============
And you know all about desperate lys, eh hypocrite?

Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:
> On 8 Sep 2005 16:40:40 -0700, "Rudy Canoza" > wrote:
>
>>Derek wrote:
>>
>>>U.S.D.A. have issued a marketing claims standard
>>>proposal and

>>...have now dropped it.

> That's a desperate lie to be offering right now, especially
> when looking at the response you received only yesterday
> from William Sessions, the associate deputy administrator
> at the Livestock and Seed Program at USDA who verifies
> that the proposal is still very much alive and under review.

The response from Susan Prolman:

The USDA is currently working on a new standard for
a USDA grassfed label that it will soon publish for
public comment. I expect this standard to be
meaningful. A USDA official informed me that the
agency hopes to publish this standard for public
comment by the end of September.

They got so much negative feedback on the earlier
proposed standard that they have withdrawn it, and are
starting over.
Rudy Canoza

Derek lied:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 04:19:09 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek lied:
>>

>>>U.S.D.A. have issued a marketing claims standard
>>>proposal

>>...and now they've withdrawn it.

> That's a desperate lie

Not a lie. The earlier proposal got such a bad
reaction, they've withdrawn it and started over. There
will be a standard, but not the one you foolishly think
shows something it does not.
Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:58:16 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>...have now dropped it.

>> That's a desperate lie to be offering right now, especially
>> when looking at the response you received only yesterday
>> from William Sessions, the associate deputy administrator
>> at the Livestock and Seed Program at USDA who verifies
>> that the proposal is still very much alive and under review.

>The response from Susan Prolman:

And who the Hell is she? Whoever she is, she certainly
isn't "the associate deputy administrator (how's that for
a title) at the Livestock and Seed Program at USDA
that is ****in charge of writing the standard*** for the
meat marketing claims."

> The USDA is currently working on a new standard for
> a USDA grassfed label that it will soon publish for
> public comment. I expect this standard to be
> meaningful. A USDA official informed me that the
> agency hopes to publish this standard for public
> comment by the end of September.

That doesn't contradict William Sessions' note to you.
Sessions clearly points out that, "The marketing claim
standards ***are still under review by USDA.***
It hasn't been dropped at all, liar.

Here's the letter you received, and which you snipped
away in this reply.

From: "Sessions, William" >
To: <jonball@[...]>

Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing
claim standards are still under review by USDA.
Accordingly, the standards have not been published
in a final form for use. I hope this information is
helpful. Please let me know if further information is
needed. Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator Livestock and Seed
Program
Jonathan Ball (Rudy Canoza) http://tinyurl.com/dkdxo

You lied, and you'll keep on lying even while the
evidence in your email from Sessions is right under
your nose. You're an habitual liar, Jon.
Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:17:15 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>...and now they've withdrawn it.

>> That's a desperate lie

>Not a lie.

It IS a lie, and the note you received from Sessions
proves it. Only yesterday he wrote to you, telling
you that the proposed claims standard is very much
alive and under review, liar Jon. He clearly points
out that, "The marketing claim standards
***are still under review by USDA.***
It hasn't been dropped at all, liar.

Here's the letter you received, and which you snipped
away in this reply.

[I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy
administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock
and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of
writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims";
his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page
whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:58:16 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek wrote:

>>>That's a desperate lie to be offering right now, especially
>>>when looking at the response you received only yesterday
>>>from William Sessions, the associate deputy administrator
>>>at the Livestock and Seed Program at USDA who verifies
>>>that the proposal is still very much alive and under review.

>>The response from Susan Prolman:

> And who the Hell is she?

It was right in the e-mail I posted yesterday, ****:

Hi Jonathan,

The USDA is currently working on a ***new standard***
for a USDA grassfed label ***that it will soon
publish*** for public comment. I expect this standard
to be meaningful. A USDA official informed me that the
agency hopes to publish this standard for public
comment ***by the end of September***.

Susan Prolman

Susan Prolman
Washington Representative
Food & Environment Program
Union of Concerned Scientists
1707 H Street NW, Suite 600
Washington DC 20006-3962
Direct Line 202-331-5433
UCS General Line 202-223-6133
Fax 202-223-6162
www.ucsusa.org

If your little pencil-thin dick weren't attached to you
with 8 gauge wire, Dreck, you wouldn't be able to ****.
Rudy Canoza

Derek lied:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:17:15 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek lied:

>>>That's a desperate lie

>>Not a lie.

> It IS a lie,

It is a lie. They've started over.
Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:51:20 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>The response from Susan Prolman:

>> And who the Hell is she?

>It was right in the e-mail I posted yesterday, ****:

Whoever she is, she certainly isn't "the associate
deputy administrator (how's that for a title) at the
Livestock and Seed Program at USDA that is
****in charge of writing the standard***
for the meat marketing claims."

She doesn't contradict William Sessions' note to you.
Sessions clearly points out that, "The marketing claim
standards ***are still under review by USDA.***
It hasn't been dropped at all, liar.

Here's the letter you received, and which you snipped
away in this reply.

[I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy
administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock
and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of
writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims";
his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page
whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:52:22 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>Not a lie.

>> It IS a lie,

>It is a lie.

I know it is; that's what I've been telling you all along
while you try to wriggle away from the note Sessions
gave you in response to your question. You're now
claiming that the claims standard has been dropped,
but only yesterday he wrote to you, telling you that
the proposed claims standard is very much alive and
still under review, liar Jon. He clearly points out that,

"The marketing claim standards
***are still under review by USDA.***
It hasn't been dropped at all, liar.

Here's the letter you received, and which you snipped
away in this reply.

[I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy
administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock
and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of
writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims";
his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page
whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

Rudy Canoza

Derek lied:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:51:20 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek lied:

>>>And who the Hell is she?

>>It was right in the e-mail I posted yesterday, ****:

> Whoever she is, she certainly isn't "the associate
> deputy administrator (how's that for a title) at the
> Livestock and Seed Program at USDA that is
> ****in charge of writing the standard***
> for the meat marketing claims."

No, but William Sessions is undoubtedly the official
with whom she spoke:

"The USDA is currently working on a ***new*** standard
for a USDA grassfed label that it ***will soon
publish*** for public comment. I expect this standard
to be meaningful. ***A USDA official*** informed me
that the agency hopes to publish this standard for
public comment by the ***end of September***."

You are just stuffed, Dreck.

Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:05:39 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:

>Derek lied:
>> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:51:20 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>>
>>>Derek lied:

>>>It was right in the e-mail I posted yesterday, ****:

>> Whoever she is, she certainly isn't "the associate
>> deputy administrator (how's that for a title) at the
>> Livestock and Seed Program at USDA that is
>> ****in charge of writing the standard***
>> for the meat marketing claims."

>No, but William Sessions is undoubtedly the official
>with whom she spoke:

And William Sessions clearly points out that, contrary
to your lie, the proposal hasn't been dropped at all. He
spells out quite clearly that it is very much alive and
still under review.

Sessions clearly points out that, "The marketing claim
standards ***are still under review by USDA.***
It hasn't been dropped at all, liar.

Here's the letter you received, and which you snipped
away in this reply.

[I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy
administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock
and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of
writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims";
his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page
whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:52:22 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek wrote:

>>>It IS a lie,

>>It is a lie.

> I know it is

You either altered my statement (likely), or I forgot
to put "not" into it (less likely). In either case, my
statement that the USDA has withdrawn the earlier
proposed standard is not a lie. They *have* withdrawn
it, and are rewriting it, as a result of intense public
criticism it received.

Understand, Dreck, you ignorant jerk, that the standard
covered much more than just claims about "grass-fed"
beef. It also covered claims about meat being
"organic", "no antibiotics", "no hormones", and a host
of other potential claims. It did NOT deal solely with
labeling claims about being "grass-fed". They received
several hundred comments -
http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/stand/claim.htm - and it is
not surprising that they decided to readdress the
standard as it was written; that's what the public
comment period is intended to achieve.
Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:05:39 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>

>>Derek lied:

>>>Whoever she is, she certainly isn't "the associate
>>>deputy administrator (how's that for a title) at the
>>>Livestock and Seed Program at USDA that is
>>> ****in charge of writing the standard***
>>>for the meat marketing claims."

>>No, but William Sessions is undoubtedly the official
>>with whom she spoke:

> And William Sessions clearly points out that

....the proposed standard is being rewritten. Yes.
Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:14:16 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>It is a lie.

>> I know it is

>You either altered my statement (likely), or I forgot
>to put "not" into it (less likely).

Neither. Look at the thread, you hapless piece of
lying scum.

>In either case, my
>statement that the USDA has withdrawn the earlier
>proposed standard is not a lie.

It IS a lie, and the note you received from Sessions
proves it. Only yesterday he wrote to you, telling
you that the proposed claims standard is very much
alive and under review, liar Jon. He clearly points
out that, "The marketing claim standards
***are still under review by USDA.***
It hasn't been dropped at all, liar.

Here's the letter you received, and which you snipped
away in this reply.

[I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy
administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock
and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of
writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims";
his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page
whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:14:16 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek wrote:

>>>I know it is

>>You either altered my statement (likely), or I forgot
>>to put "not" into it (less likely).

> Neither. Look at the thread, you hapless piece of
> lying scum.
>

>>In either case, my
>>statement that the USDA has withdrawn the earlier
>>proposed standard is not a lie.

> It IS a lie,

It is not a lie. The proposed standard is being
rewritten, and again will be subject to public comment.

Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:17:10 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>No, but William Sessions is undoubtedly the official
>>>with whom she spoke:

>> And William Sessions clearly points out that

>...the proposed standard is

.... still under review.

William Sessions clearly points out that, contrary
to your lie, the proposal hasn't been dropped at all.
He spells out quite clearly that it is very much alive
and still under review, liar Jon.

Sessions clearly points out that, "The marketing claim
standards ***are still under review by USDA.***
It hasn't been dropped at all, liar.

Here's the letter you received, and which you keep
trying to distance yourself from.

From: "Sessions, William" >
To: <jonball@[...]>

Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing
claim standards are still under review by USDA.
Accordingly, the standards have not been published
in a final form for use. I hope this information is
helpful. Please let me know if further information is
needed. Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator Livestock and Seed
Program
Jonathan Ball (Rudy Canoza) http://tinyurl.com/dkdxo

And while that proposal is under review, a statement
from the same page urges so-called grass fed beef
producers to use those proposed marketing claims
standards while U.S.D.A. prepares to make them final
by later publishing them.

[...]

Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:17:10 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek wrote:

>>>And William Sessions clearly points out that

>>...the proposed standard is

> ... still

....being rewritten. It hasn't been published.
Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:25:34 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>...the proposed standard is

>> ... still

>...being rewritten.

No, it's still under review, liar Jon. William Sessions
clearly points out that, contrary to your lie, the
proposal hasn't been dropped at all. He clearly
points out that, "The marketing claim standards
***are still under review by USDA.***
It hasn't been dropped at all, liar.

Here's the letter you received, and which you keep
trying to distance yourself from.

[I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy
administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock
and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of
writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims";
his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page
whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:25:34 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek wrote:

>>>... still

>>...being rewritten.

> No, it's still

....being rewritten, and is UNPUBLISHED.
Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:20:47 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>You either altered my statement (likely), or I forgot
>>>to put "not" into it (less likely).

>> Neither. Look at the thread, you hapless piece of
>> lying scum.

Well, scum, aren't you going to apologise for your error
and accusation that I altered your statement?

From: "Sessions, William" >
To: <jonball@[...]>

Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing
claim standards are still under review by USDA.
Accordingly, the standards have not been published
in a final form for use. I hope this information is
helpful. Please let me know if further information is
needed. Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator Livestock and Seed
Program
Jonathan Ball (Rudy Canoza) http://tinyurl.com/dkdxo

You lied, and you'll keep on lying even while the
evidence in your email from Sessions is right under
your nose. You're an habitual liar, Jon. Keep wriggling.

Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:20:47 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek wrote:

>>>Neither. Look at the thread, you hapless piece of
>>>lying scum.

> Well, scum, aren't you going to apologise for your error
> and accusation that I altered your statement?

>>>It IS a lie,

>>It is not a lie.

> It IS a lie,

It is not a lie. The proposed standard is being
rewritten, and again will be subject to public comment.
Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:43:59 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>...being rewritten.

>> No, it's still

>...being rewritten

No, it's under review and isn't being rewritten. Sessions
wrote and told you that, but being the liar you are you
now want to distance yourself from what he wrote.

William Sessions clearly points out that, contrary to
your lie, the proposal hasn't been dropped at all. He
clearly points out that, "The marketing claim standards
***are still under review by USDA.***
It hasn't been dropped at all, liar, and nor has it been
rewritten either.

Here's the letter you received, and which you keep
trying to distance yourself from.

[I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy
administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock
and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of
writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims";
his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page
whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

Rudy Canoza

Dreck lied:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:43:59 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Dreck lied:

>>>No, it's still

>>...being rewritten

> No, it's

....being rewritten, and is UNPUBLISHED.
aisa

I do confess that I have not read all of your comments, but I thought
you would like to know that, here in England we had the most awful
scare about beef caused by infected food. Mad cows disease. No one had
any idea that the remains of animals where being fed to cows. And in
the early days even organic farmers where feeding this stuff in
ignorance to their herds. Last week a report was published, very
quietly, no one seemed to make a fuss, about how HUMAN remains where in
that infected feed. Apparently bones where imported form India and some
of them where dredged form the river Ganges.

Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:51:30 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

But that didn't stop you from altering his alleged email
to you to fit in with your new argument where the claims
standard proposal had been dropped, did it? According
to you, the informational part of his brief email went;

"The marketing claim standards are still under
review by USDA. Accordingly, the standards
have not been published in a final form for use."

but now reads;

"A revised grass-fed marketing claim is under
development by USDA. Any grass-fed marketing
claim proposed by USDA will be published with
a public comment period."

Here's the claimed original email;

From: "Sessions, William" >
To: <jonball@[...]>

Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing claim
standards are still under review by USDA. Accordingly,
the standards have not been published in a final form for
use. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know
if further information is needed. Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator
Livestock and Seed Program
http://tinyurl.com/dkdxo

and here's your edited copy;

Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. A revised
grass-fed marketing claim is under development by
USDA. Any grass-fed marketing claim proposed by
USDA will be published with a public comment period.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me
know if further information is needed. Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator
Livestock and Seed Program
http://tinyurl.com/9m9cz

Both emails start with,

"Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message."

and end with

"I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know
if further information is needed.
Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator
Livestock and Seed Program"

But the informational part in your second false email
has now changed. You've got some serious explaining
to do, liar Jon. How could you be so stupid as to try
a stunt like that and think you could get away with it?

Derek

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:46:16 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>> Well, scum, aren't you going to apologise for your error
>> and accusation that I altered your statement?

No, I didn't think you would. Why do you accuse
others when making your mistakes, and why do you
refuse to apologise and retract your accusations
about their honesty after being found guilty of that
error you accuse them of?

>>>It is not a lie.

>> It IS a lie,

>It is not a lie. The proposed standard is being
>rewritten, and again will be subject to public comment.

How can I believe a word you write on this issue
while unidentical cites of Sessions' email to you
exist? According to you, the informational part of
his brief email went;

"The marketing claim standards are still under
review by USDA. Accordingly, the standards
have not been published in a final form for use."

but now reads;

"A revised grass-fed marketing claim is under
development by USDA. Any grass-fed marketing
claim proposed by USDA will be published with
a public comment period."

Here's the claimed original email;

usual suspect

aisa wrote:
> I do confess that I have not read all of your comments, but I thought
> you would like to know that, here in England we had the most awful
> scare about beef caused by infected food. Mad cows disease.

Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeally?
/sarcasm

> No one had
> any idea that the remains of animals where being fed to cows. And in
> the early days even organic farmers where feeding this stuff in
> ignorance to their herds. Last week a report was published, very
> quietly, no one seemed to make a fuss, about how HUMAN remains where

were, not where. Dittos below.

> in that infected feed.

No, dummy, it's a THEORY about the origin of BSE and how it MIGHT have
occurred under such a scenario. It's an interesting theory, and quite
plausible, but as yet there's no evidence that BSE in cattle is the
result of feeding CJD-infected matter from dead humans to cattle. The
Colchesters, who've put forward this theory, admit it's only circumstantial.

See the following articles.
http://tinyurl.com/dwqf4
http://tinyurl.com/awp9q

> Apparently bones where imported form India and some
> of them where dredged form the river Ganges.

Apparently you're too daft to comprehend the articles written about
this, preferring instead to assume that this controversial theory is
indeed factual. The imported bones in question were from animals. The
Colchesters suggest some infected human bones MIGHT also have been
imported and processed into animal feed.
aisa

I suppose my point was that it is disgusting to feed animal matter to
cows and even more disgusting to process human corpses and put them
into our food chain. I must say I feel prion disease may have come from
chemical sprays.
I am sorry to come off of your point but it is important to not trust
the powers that be

Rudy Canoza

Derek lied:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:51:30 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek lied:

> But that didn't stop you from altering his alleged email

No substantive alteration. As I said, give me a real
e-mail address where you receive e-mail, and I'll
forward both of Mr. Sessions's e-mail messages to you,
including the headers.
Derek

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:20:09 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>> But that didn't stop you from altering his alleged email

>No substantive alteration.

So you ADMIT you DID alter it, and this is while claiming
Sessions wrote you two emails to get you off the hook.

>As I said, give me a real
>e-mail address where you receive e-mail

Stop feigning ignorance about how to get in touch with
me through email. Our last set of 15 private emails to
each other wasn't that long ago, and
isn't that easy to forget.

> and I'll
>forward both of Mr. Sessions's e-mail messages to you,
>including the headers.

Both? But you've already admitted in this post that
there was "

Rudy Canoza

Derek lied:

> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:20:09 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek lied:

>>>But that didn't stop you from altering his alleged email

>>No substantive alteration.

> So you ADMIT you DID alter it,

Only to take my real e-mail address out of it. Unlike
you, I don't like to have it in usenet. That's the
only alteration I made.
Derek

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:57:18 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>>>No substantive alteration.

>> So you ADMIT you DID alter it,

>Only to take my real e-mail address out of it.

The part you altered was the informational part of it
and had nothing to do with hiding your identity, liar.
Here (below) is the email you claimed to have
received from Sessions;

From: "Sessions, William" >
To: <jonball@[...]>

Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing claim
standards are still under review by USDA. Accordingly,
the standards have not been published in a final form for
use. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know
if further information is needed. Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator
Livestock and Seed Program
http://tinyurl.com/dkdxo

and here (below) is the second which you tried to pass
off as the original but failed because I spotted your
editing of it;

Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. A revised
grass-fed marketing claim is under development by
USDA. Any grass-fed marketing claim proposed by
USDA will be published with a public comment period.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me
know if further information is needed. Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator
Livestock and Seed Program
http://tinyurl.com/9m9cz

Both emails start with,

"Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message."

and end with

"I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know
if further information is needed.
Thanks,

William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator
Livestock and Seed Program"

But the informational part in your second false email
has now changed. You wrote them both to suit your
argument, liar Jon. Of that there can be no doubt.
Rudy Canoza

Derek lied:

> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:57:18 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>Derek lied:

>>>So you ADMIT you DID alter it,

>>Only to take my real e-mail address out of it.

> The part you altered was the informational part of it
> and had nothing to do with hiding your identity, liar.

The only thing I altered was the removal of my e-mail
address.

You are wrong. The e-mails from Mr. Sessions are
authentic, and you know it. You've been caught lying,
again - no surprise.
Derek

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:20:44 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:

>>>Only to take my real e-mail address out of it.

>> The part you altered was the informational part of it
>> and had nothing to do with hiding your identity, liar.

>The only thing I altered was the removal of my e-mail
>address.

The part you admittedly altered in the second alleged email
had nothing to do with your hiding your identity at all. It
was the informational part of the email that you altered, yet
your now claiming that that altered email is but one of two.

According to you, the informational part of his brief email
went;

"The marketing claim standards are still under
review by USDA. Accordingly, the standards
have not been published in a final form for use."

but now reads;

"A revised grass-fed marketing claim is under
development by USDA. Any grass-fed marketing
claim proposed by USDA will be published with
a public comment period."

Here's the claimed original email;

Rudy Canoza

Derek lied:

>>>The part you altered was the informational part of it
>>>and had nothing to do with hiding your identity, liar.

>>The only thing I altered was the removal of my e-mail
>>address.

> The part you admittedly altered in the second alleged email

The only thing altered was the removal of my e-mail
address.

The e-mails are authentic. You know it. You're just
playing the fool now, something you have some 44 years
experience in doing.

Feeding a Zombie Chemo the Clown[_2_] General Cooking 43 29-08-2011 12:05 AM
Feeding starter WRK Sourdough 7 13-09-2006 04:46 AM
Troll Feeding James Silverton Wine 3 30-05-2006 04:17 AM
Washing vs feeding? Rick in CO Sourdough 28 04-12-2005 04:17 PM
The self feeding troll Reg Barbecue 10 13-03-2004 04:11 PM