Beach Runner

Default Life expectency by country

http://www.aneki.com/expectancy.html

1 Andorra 83.50
2 San Marino 81.53
3 Singapore 81.53
4 Japan 81.04
5 Switzerland 80.31
6 Sweden 80.30
7 Australia 80.26
8 Iceland 80.18
9 Canada 79.96
10 Italy 79.54
11 France 79.44
12 Monaco 79.42
13 Liechtenstein 79.40
14 Spain 79.37
15 Norway 79.25
16 Israel 79.17
17 Greece 78.94
18 Austria 78.87
19 Malta 78.68
20 Netherlands 78.68

Do you see the US on the list? We have the most expensive medical care.
Could it be the American obesity and diet?
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> http://www.aneki.com/expectancy.html
>
> 1 Andorra 83.50
> 2 San Marino 81.53
> 3 Singapore 81.53
> 4 Japan 81.04
> 5 Switzerland 80.31
> 6 Sweden 80.30
> 7 Australia 80.26
> 8 Iceland 80.18
> 9 Canada 79.96
> 10 Italy 79.54
> 11 France 79.44
> 12 Monaco 79.42
> 13 Liechtenstein 79.40
> 14 Spain 79.37
> 15 Norway 79.25
> 16 Israel 79.17
> 17 Greece 78.94
> 18 Austria 78.87
> 19 Malta 78.68
> 20 Netherlands 78.68
>
> Do you see the US on the list?

Yes:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/...at_bir_tot_pop

United States 77.71 years

So the average American (the US kind anyway) lives just over 93% as long
as the average Andorran.

BTW, the weighted world average is 68.6 years.

> We have the most expensive medical care.

BECAUSE OF THE LEGAL COSTS OF MEDICINE HERE, THANKS TO AMBULANCE CHASING
CHISELERS.

http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seatt...ditorial3.html
http://www.uschamber.com/issues/inde...dliability.htm
Etc.

> Could it be the American obesity and diet?

No. You're looking at rankings instead of actual longevity data.
Americans live, on average, longer than most of the rest of the world.
Beach Runner

We should be in the top few.

There are other factors.
In Finland they have 1/20th the percentage of hospital born infection.
Why? They saw that clothing and such carried Germs.

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> http://www.aneki.com/expectancy.html
>>
>> 1 Andorra 83.50
>> 2 San Marino 81.53
>> 3 Singapore 81.53
>> 4 Japan 81.04
>> 5 Switzerland 80.31
>> 6 Sweden 80.30
>> 7 Australia 80.26
>> 8 Iceland 80.18
>> 9 Canada 79.96
>> 10 Italy 79.54
>> 11 France 79.44
>> 12 Monaco 79.42
>> 13 Liechtenstein 79.40
>> 14 Spain 79.37
>> 15 Norway 79.25
>> 16 Israel 79.17
>> 17 Greece 78.94
>> 18 Austria 78.87
>> 19 Malta 78.68
>> 20 Netherlands 78.68
>>
>> Do you see the US on the list?

> Yes:
> http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/...at_bir_tot_pop
>
> United States 77.71 years
>
> So the average American (the US kind anyway) lives just over 93% as long
> as the average Andorran.
>
> BTW, the weighted world average is 68.6 years.
>
>> We have the most expensive medical care.

> BECAUSE OF THE LEGAL COSTS OF MEDICINE HERE, THANKS TO AMBULANCE CHASING
> CHISELERS.

That's a problem with capitalism which can be regulated. In Florida for
example amendments were passed limited how much a lawyer could earn,
very important in class action suits.

There are other reason medicine is higher here. Hospitals make huge
profits, selling Bayer aspirin for $10 a pill.

It high time we had universal health care.

> http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seatt...ditorial3.html
> http://www.uschamber.com/issues/inde...dliability.htm
> Etc.
>
>> Could it be the American obesity and diet?

> No. You're looking at rankings instead of actual longevity data.
> Americans live, on average, longer than most of the rest of the world.

In much of the world you don't have clean water, or good hygiene. Just
underground pumps would make a huge difference in Bangle Des, for
example, where people live on ground water.

Something radical. All children have the same right to medical care as
any other. I don't believe in Karma, reincarnation and the
untouchables, maybe you do.

While Karen died in her vegetative state, a black premature baby was
taken off of life support. No insurance. No publicity. That baby could
have grown up and lived.

You make me sick. It's not the lawyers, it's the medical system.
Beach Runner

Beach Runner wrote:

> We should be in the top few.
>
> There are other factors.
> In Finland they have 1/20th the percentage of hospital born infection.
> Why? They saw that clothing and such carried Germs.
>

> usual suspect wrote:
>
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.aneki.com/expectancy.html
>>>
>>> 1 Andorra 83.50
>>> 2 San Marino 81.53
>>> 3 Singapore 81.53
>>> 4 Japan 81.04
>>> 5 Switzerland 80.31
>>> 6 Sweden 80.30
>>> 7 Australia 80.26
>>> 8 Iceland 80.18
>>> 9 Canada 79.96
>>> 10 Italy 79.54
>>> 11 France 79.44
>>> 12 Monaco 79.42
>>> 13 Liechtenstein 79.40
>>> 14 Spain 79.37
>>> 15 Norway 79.25
>>> 16 Israel 79.17
>>> 17 Greece 78.94
>>> 18 Austria 78.87
>>> 19 Malta 78.68
>>> 20 Netherlands 78.68
>>>
>>> Do you see the US on the list?

>> Yes:
>> http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/...at_bir_tot_pop

That's another list. They are not in the top 20.

>> United States 77.71 years
>>
>> So the average American (the US kind anyway) lives just over 93% as
>> long as the average Andorran.
>>
>> BTW, the weighted world average is 68.6 years.
>>
>>> We have the most expensive medical care.

>> BECAUSE OF THE LEGAL COSTS OF MEDICINE HERE, THANKS TO AMBULANCE
>> CHASING CHISELERS.

> That's a problem with capitalism which can be regulated. In Florida for
> example amendments were passed limited how much a lawyer could earn,
> very important in class action suits.
>
> There are other reason medicine is higher here. Hospitals make huge
> profits, selling Bayer aspirin for $10 a pill.
>
> It high time we had universal health care.
>

>> http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seatt...ditorial3.html
>> http://www.uschamber.com/issues/inde...dliability.htm
>> Etc.
>>
>>> Could it be the American obesity and diet?

>> No. You're looking at rankings instead of actual longevity data.
>> Americans live, on average, longer than most of the rest of the world.

> In much of the world you don't have clean water, or good hygiene. Just
> underground pumps would make a huge difference in Bangle Des, for
> example, where people live on ground water.
>
> Something radical. All children have the same right to medical care as
> any other. I don't believe in Karma, reincarnation and the
> untouchables, maybe you do.
>

> While Karen died in her vegetative state, a black premature baby was
> taken off of life support. No insurance. No publicity. That baby could
> have grown up and lived.
>

> You make me sick. It's not the lawyers, it's the medical system.

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> We should be in the top few.

We're in the top 20%. Not bad for a HUGE nation (Andorra has about
70,000 citizens) with a diverse population.

usual suspect

Beach Runner replied again to his own post:

Why do you keep replying to your own posts?

It's the same ****ing list, Boob.

> They are not in the top 20.

Top 20 percent -- and that's against little island nations with only a
handful of citizens.

>>> United States 77.71 years
>>>
>>> So the average American (the US kind anyway) lives just over 93% as
>>> long as the average Andorran.
>>>
>>> BTW, the weighted world average is 68.6 years.

>>> BECAUSE OF THE LEGAL COSTS OF MEDICINE HERE, THANKS TO AMBULANCE
>>> CHASING CHISELERS.

>> That's a problem with capitalism which can be regulated. In Florida
>> for example amendments were passed limited how much a lawyer could earn,
>> very important in class action suits.
>>
>> There are other reason medicine is higher here. Hospitals make huge
>> profits, selling Bayer aspirin for $10 a pill.
>>
>> It high time we had universal health care.
>>

>>> http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seatt...ditorial3.html
>>>
>>> http://www.uschamber.com/issues/inde...dliability.htm
>>> Etc.

>>> No. You're looking at rankings instead of actual longevity data.
>>> Americans live, on average, longer than most of the rest of the world.

>> In much of the world you don't have clean water, or good hygiene. Just
>> underground pumps would make a huge difference in Bangle Des, for
>> example, where people live on ground water.
>>
>> Something radical. All children have the same right to medical care as
>> any other. I don't believe in Karma, reincarnation and the
>> untouchables, maybe you do.
>>

>> While Karen died in her vegetative state, a black premature baby was
>> taken off of life support. No insurance. No publicity. That baby
>> could have grown up and lived.
>>

>> You make me sick. It's not the lawyers, it's the medical system.

Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner replied again to his own post:
>
> Why do you keep replying to your own posts?
>
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>
>>> We should be in the top few.
>>>
>>> There are other factors.
>>> In Finland they have 1/20th the percentage of hospital born infection.
>>> Why? They saw that clothing and such carried Germs.

>> That's another list.

> It's the same ****ing list, Boob.
>
>> They are not in the top 20.

> Top 20 percent -- and that's against little island nations with only a
> handful of citizens.

>>> That's a problem with capitalism which can be regulated. In Florida
>>> for example amendments were passed limited how much a lawyer could earn,
>>> very important in class action suits.
>>>
>>> There are other reason medicine is higher here. Hospitals make huge
>>> profits, selling Bayer aspirin for $10 a pill.
>>>
>>> It high time we had universal health care.

>>> In much of the world you don't have clean water, or good hygiene. Just
>>> underground pumps would make a huge difference in Bangle Des, for
>>> example, where people live on ground water.
>>>
>>> Something radical. All children have the same right to medical care
>>> as any other. I don't believe in Karma, reincarnation and the
>>> untouchables, maybe you do.
>>>

>>> While Karen died in her vegetative state, a black premature baby was
>>> taken off of life support. No insurance. No publicity. That baby
>>> could have grown up and lived.
>>>

>>> You make me sick. It's not the lawyers, it's the medical system.

The 6th leading cause of death in the US is our medical system.
Hospitals are a dangerous place.

We have the capacity for the best medical care in the world, for
everyone. It is by far the most expensive.

The Legal issues are valid, there is a war between doctors and lawyers.
Take the 3 strike law in Florida. 3 lawsuits, you lose your license.
The lawyers got that amendment in. In certain professions, lawsuits
average 3 or more a year, regardless of the validity. Such as
Neurosurgery. What young talented Neurosurgeon would move to Florida
with such a law?

This forces the doctors to settle. The lawyers make money faster,
easier. It seems like 3 strikes your out would appear to be a good law,
but the consequences for Florida needing young talented doctors
is horrendous. Yes, the lawyers put it on the ballot.

The system is flawed from top to bottom.

Add insurance agency, you have to pay for an army of people to handle
that. Someone pays for them and their profits.
Michael Balarama

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> Beach Runner wrote:
> > We should be in the top few.

> We're in the top 20%. Not bad for a HUGE nation (Andorra has about
> 70,000 citizens) with a diverse population.

suspect will increase our average with his 95 year life expectancy..
Michael

Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> We should be in the top few.

> We're in the top 20%. Not bad for a HUGE nation (Andorra has about
> 70,000 citizens) with a diverse population.

We are behind Canada, France, and Switzerland.
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:

>>> That's another list.

>> It's the same ****ing list, Boob.
>>
>>> They are not in the top 20.

>> Top 20 percent -- and that's against little island nations with only a
>> handful of citizens.

> The 6th leading cause of death in the US is our medical system.
> Hospitals are a dangerous place.

That's why I stay out of them as much as possible.

> We have the capacity for the best medical care in the world, for
> everyone. It is by far the most expensive.

BECAUSE OF LAWYERS.

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
>>> We should be in the top few.

>> We're in the top 20%. Not bad for a HUGE nation (Andorra has about
>> 70,000 citizens) with a diverse population.

> We are behind Canada, France, and Switzerland.

Country Lifespan USA difference USA percent
Switzerland 80.39 years 2.68 years 96.67%
Canada 80.1 years 2.39 years 97.01%
France 79.6 years 1.89 years 97.63%
USA 77.71 years

It's not like we're trailing them by decades, dumb ass.