FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   New Soup (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/50686-new-soup.html)

Ron 17-01-2005 03:55 PM

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote
> > "Dutch" > wrote:
> >
> >> "Ron" > wrote

> >> Wrong, there is no "they" in morals.

> >> What an arrogant **** you are. You announce this as if it's never been
> >> done
> >> before.

> > Yes. From time to time I am arrogant.

> That argument is full of holes.

> >> There is no collective morality. I am responsibile for what *I* do, not
> >> what
> >> "people like me" do on average.

> > I did a one to one comparison. Using your philosophy of responsibility
> > you are responsible for the deaths of 20000 more animals than the vegan
> > in a 20 year span. They win. They are better than you.

> They aren't better than all meat-eaters though, and that spoils their
> categorical claims. Notice how Scented can't admit this?

Even if I only eat meat 3 times a week and they are still "responsible"
for fewer deaths.

> >> The vegan must replace that meat with a comparable substitute. I can
> >> replace
> >> that substitute with fresh fish, then I win.

> > roflmao. Fish are animals (although not mammals). Dead fish are still
> > dead animals.

> Fresh fish causes fewer collateral deaths than Ives soya ground round.
> Therefore a vegan could improve by eating fresh fish instead of Scented's
> chili, another dagger in their categorical pose.

Yes, they could be a good person or a better person. The same is true of
the meat eater.

> > They win, Dutch. The morality of their position is superior.

> The morality of veganism is no ****in good at all. If their claims were more
> realistic and moderate it might be, but as it stands it is wholly morally
> relativistic in the worst possible way.
>
> In addition, they have not even attempted to establish that it is morally
> better to kill fewer animals.

I did that. What is better the human who kills one human or the human
who kills 20000 humans. Who is the "better person"?

Ron 17-01-2005 04:02 PM

In article . net>,
"rick etter" > wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Dutch" >
> > wrote:

> >> It figures you would like that lame misfire. It must be a homo thing.

> > Now what was that comment about stereotypes, hate and divisiveness.

> ====================
> Sure thing queer-boy. You bought right into the vegan hate and sterotype
> spew. Problem for stinky, and now you, is that meat eaters aren't basing
> their lives on 'being better' like the vegan claims to be doing.

Of course, the meat eater is doing that. By knocking the vegan down a
peg or two the playing field is equalized. If we are bad people for
eating meat then by having all people eat meat we can then remove the
feature of being a bad person -- there is nothing to compare one's self
to in this example. The "bad" person is then converted in a "good"
person. The absence of vegans is the absence of the reminder of what we
do.

Ron 17-01-2005 04:05 PM

In article . net>,
"rick etter" > wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote in message
> > In article . net>,

> >> ======================
> >> I see we can now add math to your complete ignorance, pansy-boy. Thanks
> >> for
> >> yet another great laugh.

> > Talk to Dutch, he supplied the ratio.

> ======================
> LOL I rest my case. There were no ratios involved in the post you made
> that I replied to. Just your ignorance. You really are just too amusing,
> pansy-boy! Thanks though, this way I'll live forever, since laughter is
> good medicine...

No, you're gonna die. We all do. Death is often a slow and agonizing
process. I'm glad that i can supply some levity for you on your way.

Ron 17-01-2005 04:05 PM

Rudy Canoza 17-01-2005 04:07 PM

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>>My conclusion is better health

>>No. A meat-including diet that doesn't overdo the
>>saturated fat is more healthful.

> I disagree.

It doesn't matter if you disagree. You are wrong. You
have no expertise, none whatever, in nutrition.

>>>If I made a moral conclusion, then to me it was
>>>right and not wrong.

>>Morals are not something you can choose arbitrarily.

> Who said it can't be arbitrary? It's a very subjective
> thing, morals.

No, it most certainly is not. That's why you formulate
it as ABSOLUTE, even if you don't write or utter the word.

>>>Less fits in quite fine with my non-absolute beliefs.

>>Your beliefs ARE absolute, and an unverifiable "less"
>>is not in compliance with them.

> HELLOOOOO. How many times do I have to tell you
> that my beliefs aren't the absolute you claim?

They ARE absolute when it comes to it being absolutely
wrong to kill animals. I repeat: You don't believe
it's "a little bit" or "somewhat" or "kinda" wrong to
kill animals other than in self defense; you believe
it's wrong, full stop. That MEANS absolute.

Rudy Canoza 17-01-2005 04:07 PM

Ron 17-01-2005 04:08 PM

In article . net>,
"rick etter" > wrote:

> >> You don't need to present health issues or likes and dislikes in

> > debates
> >> about moral issues.

> > There's no rule saying that the topic must be about
> > moral issues only.

> >> No it doesn't, that a false generalization.

> > I disagree.

> >> Since they wouldn't be defending anything, they would simply listen

> > and then
> >> say, "So what if some meat diets cause less harm than some vegan

> > diets? That
> >> doesn't bother me."

> > I've already claimed that a meat eater can be
> > healthier than a vegan who only eats candy bars,

> ====================
> And you've been told that a meat eater can be healthier than any vegan. ou
> cannot get what you need from plants alone. And your suppliments make you
> non-vegan, killer.

CAN BE? More than half the of the US is obese and killing themselves
slowly with food.

Rudy Canoza 17-01-2005 04:09 PM

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>>There you go thinking there's implied stuff again.

>>No, not merely thinking it's there; SEEING it.

> You know, there's medicine for when you see stuff
> that's not really there.

It's there. I repeat: You don't believe it's "a
little bit" or "somewhat" or "kinda" wrong to kill
animals other than in self defense; you believe it's
wrong, full stop. That MEANS absolute.

>>>so it's not an absolute,

>>It's an absolute. I have always allowed you the self
>>defense exception, so you're hosed.

> You've ALLOWED me?

Rhetorical figure of speech.

You're hose.

Rudy Canoza 17-01-2005 04:09 PM

Ron 17-01-2005 04:09 PM

In article . net>,
Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> Ron wrote:
> > In article t>,
> > Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> >>You're a full-time shitbag sophist, too,

> > Such anger.

> You're a full-time shitbag sophist because you're
> angry? Then get help, for christ****ingsake.

Quite the temper ya got there.

> >>because above
> >>you say you accept responsibility for the CDs attached
> >>to your fruits and vegetables, but you've spent days
> >>trying unsuccessfully to reject the notion of shared
> >>responsibilty. You don't kill the animals yourself, so
> >>the responsibility you say above that you accept is
> >>SHARED responsibility, exactly as I described it.

> > Get a grip, Rudy. I merely repeated what was being claimed.

> No. You wrote it in your own words.

That would be consistent with the use of the term "repeating". Had I
written, quoted, you might have a case.

Ron 17-01-2005 04:09 PM

Rudy Canoza 17-01-2005 04:11 PM

Ron wrote:

> In article . net>,
> Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>

>>Ron wrote:

>>>Such anger.

>>You're a full-time shitbag sophist because you're
>>angry? Then get help, for christ****ingsake.

> Quite the

quite the shitty sophist you are there.

>>>Get a grip, Rudy. I merely repeated what was being claimed.

>>No. You wrote it in your own words.

> That would be consistent with the use of the term "repeating".

No. That's a lying shit-eating sophist's use of the
word "repeating".

Well?

Rudy Canoza 17-01-2005 04:11 PM

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 04:20 PM

> >> If you are willing to make this rough comparison then how can you
> > justify
> >> your dogged refusal to make other comparisons?

> > This is the only one where we have actual data to use.

> ====================
> And you're lying about it, killer. You've been shown proof of your

tofu
> too, but you seem to continue to ignore that. Why is that, hypocrite?
> Ignorance? Stupidity? Or just plain religious dogma?

No lies. Where's that proof of tofu causing more harm than
animal products? Not that I'm the biggest fan of tofu, but
what do you have against it?

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 04:20 PM

Ron 17-01-2005 04:28 PM

In article t>,
Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> >>No, not merely thinking it's there; SEEING it.

> > You know, there's medicine for when you see stuff
> > that's not really there.

> It's there. I repeat: You don't believe it's "a
> little bit" or "somewhat" or "kinda" wrong to kill
> animals other than in self defense; you believe it's
> wrong, full stop. That MEANS absolute.

I thought she was quite clear that she was not absolute. She was clear
with me anyway that she objected to killing "innocent" animals.

Ron 17-01-2005 04:32 PM

In article t>,
Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> Ron wrote:
>
> > In article . net>,
> > Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> >>You're a full-time shitbag sophist because you're
> >>angry? Then get help, for christ****ingsake.

> > Quite the

> quite the shitty sophist you are there.

> >>No. You wrote it in your own words.

> > That would be consistent with the use of the term "repeating".

> No. That's a lying shit-eating sophist's use of the
> word "repeating".

> Well?

Such an angry man. Have you tried limiting your meat consumption?

Rudy Canoza 17-01-2005 04:33 PM

Ron wrote:

> In article t>,
> Rudy Canoza > wrote:

>>>You know, there's medicine for when you see stuff
>>>that's not really there.

>>It's there. I repeat: You don't believe it's "a
>>little bit" or "somewhat" or "kinda" wrong to kill
>>animals other than in self defense; you believe it's
>>wrong, full stop. That MEANS absolute.

> I thought she was quite clear that she was not absolute.

She's quite clear that she doesn't LIKE the
implications of it being absolute, but that's something
different.

> She was clear
> with me anyway that she objected to killing "innocent" animals.

That's absolute.

Rudy Canoza 17-01-2005 04:36 PM

Ron wrote:

> In article t>,
> Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>

>>little homo Ron wrote:

>>>That would be consistent with the use of the term "repeating".

>>No. That's a lying shit-eating sophist's use of the
>>word "repeating".

>>Well?

> Such an

effiminate little dancing homo you are.

Ron 17-01-2005 04:38 PM

In article . net>,
Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> Ron wrote:
>
> > In article t>,
> > Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> >>It's there. I repeat: You don't believe it's "a
> >>little bit" or "somewhat" or "kinda" wrong to kill
> >>animals other than in self defense; you believe it's
> >>wrong, full stop. That MEANS absolute.

> > I thought she was quite clear that she was not absolute.

> She's quite clear that she doesn't LIKE the
> implications of it being absolute, but that's something
> different.
>
> > She was clear
> > with me anyway that she objected to killing "innocent" animals.

> That's absolute.

It seems to me to be the same as humans saying that they object to the
killing of innocent humans but can abide the killing of guilty ones.

Rudy Canoza 17-01-2005 04:40 PM

Ron wrote:

> In article . net>,
> Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>

>>Ron wrote:

>>>I thought she was quite clear that she was not absolute.

>>She's quite clear that she doesn't LIKE the
>>implications of it being absolute, but that's something
>>different.
>>

>>>She was clear
>>>with me anyway that she objected to killing "innocent" animals.

>>That's absolute.

> It seems to me

In other words, what follows is rank sophistry...

> to be the same as humans saying that they object to the
> killing of innocent humans but can abide the killing of guilty ones.

No. There can be no "guilty" animals. Also, I have
already acknowledged the self defense exception.

"vegans" MUST view the collateral deaths of animals of
the field as ABSOLUTELY wrong: those animals clearly
are "innocent" in any reasonable meaning of the word.

Ron 17-01-2005 04:44 PM

In article . net>,
Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> Ron wrote:
>
> > In article t>,
> > Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> >>No. That's a lying shit-eating sophist's use of the
> >>word "repeating".

> >>Well?

> > Such an

> effiminate little dancing homo you are.

don't forget hot with a narrow waist

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 05:15 PM

> It doesn't matter if you disagree. You are wrong. You
> have no expertise, none whatever, in nutrition.

I have more than you know about. But that doesn't
much matter. You live your way, and I'll live mine.

> > Who said it can't be arbitrary? It's a very subjective
> > thing, morals.

> No, it most certainly is not. That's why you formulate
> it as ABSOLUTE, even if you don't write or utter the word.

Then I guess I'm doing 'morality' wrong too, if I'm
to listen to you. You see, I don't believe in it absolutely,
just mostly. I hate to break it to you, but there it is!

> > HELLOOOOO. How many times do I have to tell you
> > that my beliefs aren't the absolute you claim?

> They ARE absolute when it comes to it being absolutely
> wrong to kill animals. I repeat: You don't believe
> it's "a little bit" or "somewhat" or "kinda" wrong to
> kill animals other than in self defense; you believe
> it's wrong, full stop. That MEANS absolute.

Mostly. - Adverb
1. In large part; mainly or chiefly;
2. Usually; as a rule

Mostly wrong...well you figure it out. :)

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 05:15 PM

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 05:28 PM

> ====================
> And you've been told that a meat eater can be healthier than any

vegan. ou
> cannot get what you need from plants alone. And your suppliments make

you
> non-vegan, killer.

Bacterially cultured B12 is, I think considered vegan.
I'm not sure, but maybe some would feel that bacteria
constitutes a form of animal abuse and avoid yeast, etc,
but I feel ok about buying such B12. Maybe I'm not
a 'perfect' vegan, oh no!

> > but as far a harm reduction goes, it's an unknown
> > statistic at this point. Was the meat eater's
> > vegetables cd free?

> ====================
> Why do you think yours is?

I don't usually. I wish it was but that's how it goes
when you don't have a choice about something.

> There's
> > always the intentional death involved, don't
> > forget.

> =====================
> Yes, your veggies are full of intentional death. Brutish, inhumane

death.
> That must be the part that gets you off, eh killer?

Sorry, Mr. Meanie, that kind of thing sounds more
like YOUR kind of thing. You're kind of obsessed
with blood and death.

> >> It's ridiculous. You are proposing that you get some moral

averaging
> > because
> >> some guy in Peru eats no meat.

> > It's not a moral averaging, it's a mathematical one.

> ==================
> And the math says, you lose!

Somehow I get the feeling that your math
books are teaching you 2 + 2 = 5. :) Try
again Ricky.

> If cds
> > are increased by the more cropland used, then it's
> > only logical to conclude that the animal food
> > industry causes many times more cds. We just
> > don't know the exact numbers.

> =======================
> We know that your diet killsanimals. more than my diet, hypocite.

I still say you need a bit of roughage to go
with your game-only diet. You'll feel a lot
better when you're not constipated. It might
make you nicer. :)

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 05:28 PM

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 05:31 PM

> > You know, there's medicine for when you see stuff
> > that's not really there.

> It's there. I repeat: You don't believe it's "a
> little bit" or "somewhat" or "kinda" wrong to kill
> animals other than in self defense; you believe it's
> wrong, full stop. That MEANS absolute.

Then where does my belief that it's mostly
wrong fit in? Also, where does it fit in when
something is wrong but you have no choice
in changing it? What are the morals there?

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 05:31 PM

rick etter 17-01-2005 05:56 PM

>> > justify
>> >
>> > This is the only one where we have actual data to use.

>> ====================
>> And you're lying about it, killer. You've been shown proof of your

> tofu
>> too, but you seem to continue to ignore that. Why is that, hypocrite?
>> Ignorance? Stupidity? Or just plain religious dogma?

> No lies.

===================
Yes, in every one of your psots, killer.

Where's that proof of tofu causing more harm than
> animal products? Not that I'm the biggest fan of tofu, but
> what do you have against it?

====================
It's dangerous, to you and especially animals, fool. You've been shown how
the 'ratio' of grain to product is even worse than the meat you spew about
fool. Try to keep up, hypocrite.

rick etter 17-01-2005 05:56 PM

===================

====================

rick etter 17-01-2005 05:58 PM

"Ron" > wrote in message
> In article . net>,

>> > debates
>> >
>> > There's no rule saying that the topic must be about
>> > moral issues only.

>> > I disagree.

>> > and then
>> > diets? That
>> >
>> > I've already claimed that a meat eater can be
>> > healthier than a vegan who only eats candy bars,

>> ====================
>> And you've been told that a meat eater can be healthier than any vegan.
>> ou
>> cannot get what you need from plants alone. And your suppliments make
>> you
>> non-vegan, killer.

> CAN BE? More than half the of the US is obese and killing themselves
> slowly with food.

================
And twinkies and candy are what kind of meat, fool? Again, a vegan diet
will not provide all the vitamines needed. Plant foods cannot do that. Too
bad you are too stupid to be in the discussion, pansy-boy. Thanks again for
another laugh.

rick etter 17-01-2005 05:58 PM

================

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 06:00 PM

> In other words, what follows is rank sophistry...
>
> > to be the same as humans saying that they object to the
> > killing of innocent humans but can abide the killing of guilty ones.

> No. There can be no "guilty" animals. Also, I have
> already acknowledged the self defense exception.
>
> "vegans" MUST view the collateral deaths of animals of
> the field as ABSOLUTELY wrong: those animals clearly
> are "innocent" in any reasonable meaning of the word.

Rather than guilty or innocent, I view it as natural or
unnatural. It's natural for my cat to eat meat. He's
a carnivore. I accept that and even obtain it for
him. He brought to me a dead mouse a few
months ago. While I took no pleasure in its
death, I also felt no 'wrongness'. So, again,
I repeat, I mostly think killing animals is
wrong. Not absolutely, just mostly. If this makes
me not doing veganism the right way according
to you, I don't care.

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 06:00 PM

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 06:05 PM

> > "vegans" MUST view the collateral deaths of animals of
> > the field as ABSOLUTELY wrong: those animals clearly
> > are "innocent" in any reasonable meaning of the word.

> Rather than guilty or innocent, I view it as natural or
> unnatural. It's natural for my cat to eat meat. He's
> a carnivore. I accept that and even obtain it for
> him. He brought to me a dead mouse a few
> months ago. While I took no pleasure in its
> death, I also felt no 'wrongness'. So, again,
> I repeat, I mostly think killing animals is
> wrong. Not absolutely, just mostly. If this makes
> me not doing veganism the right way according
> to you, I don't care.

I forgot to add, that I think it is unnatural for
humans to kill animals in most situations.
Food is one such situation, unless meat
is the only alternative to starving. Luckily,
that's not something too likely for most
people these days.

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 06:05 PM

rick etter 17-01-2005 06:07 PM

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> ====================
>> And you've been told that a meat eater can be healthier than any

> vegan. ou
>> cannot get what you need from plants alone. And your suppliments make

> you
>> non-vegan, killer.

> Bacterially cultured B12 is, I think considered vegan.

=================
LOL And it is a product of manufacturing, you ignorant fool! I love how
stupid you really are, hypocrite. but then, each inane post you make to
usenet proves that unnecessary death and suffering of animals is of *NO*
concern to you, hypocrite.

> I'm not sure, but maybe some would feel that bacteria
> constitutes a form of animal abuse and avoid yeast, etc,
> but I feel ok about buying such B12. Maybe I'm not
> a 'perfect' vegan, oh no!

================
You're not even trying. That's he point, killer.

>> > but as far a harm reduction goes, it's an unknown
>> > statistic at this point. Was the meat eater's
>> > vegetables cd free?

>> ====================
>> Why do you think yours is?

> I don't usually. I wish it was but that's how it goes
> when you don't have a choice about something.

==================
You *do* have choices. *YOU* have decided that your convenience and
selfishness comes first. Making excuses for your choices doesn't cut the
mustard, killer.

>> There's
>> > always the intentional death involved, don't
>> > forget.

>> =====================
>> Yes, your veggies are full of intentional death. Brutish, inhumane

> death.
>> That must be the part that gets you off, eh killer?

> Sorry, Mr. Meanie, that kind of thing sounds more
> like YOUR kind of thing. You're kind of obsessed
> with blood and death.

====================
ROTFLMAO No, I'm not, fool. That is what *YOU* are spewing about. Only
problem is, all you can focus on is what you think others are doing because
you are afraid to look at your own bloody hands, hypocrite.

> averaging
>> > because
>> >
>> > It's not a moral averaging, it's a mathematical one.

>> ==================
>> And the math says, you lose!

> Somehow I get the feeling that your math
> books are teaching you 2 + 2 = 5. :) Try
> again Ricky.

=====================
Nope, my math tells me you contribute to the death and suffering of millions
of animals, and you prove that you don't care a bit.

>> If cds
>> > are increased by the more cropland used, then it's
>> > only logical to conclude that the animal food
>> > industry causes many times more cds. We just
>> > don't know the exact numbers.

>> =======================
>> We know that your diet killsanimals. more than my diet, hypocite.

> I still say you need a bit of roughage to go
> with your game-only diet.

=======================
To bad for you fool. My diet is has far more veggies in it that meat.
Almost everybodies does, fool. The typical diet you rant about doesn't
exist, killer.

You'll feel a lot
> better when you're not constipated. It might
> make you nicer. :)

====================
Not when ignorance and stupidity abound, like on your web site, and from
your posts, hypocrite.

Now, go have that nice blood-drenched dinner, killer.

rick etter 17-01-2005 06:10 PM

"Ron" > wrote in message
> In article . net>,
> "rick etter" > wrote:
>
>> "Ron" > wrote in message

>> > Now what was that comment about stereotypes, hate and divisiveness.

>> ====================
>> Sure thing queer-boy. You bought right into the vegan hate and sterotype
>> spew. Problem for stinky, and now you, is that meat eaters aren't basing
>> their lives on 'being better' like the vegan claims to be doing.

> Of course, the meat eater is doing that. By knocking the vegan down a
> peg or two the playing field is equalized.

===========================
LOL You really are this stupid, aren't you?

If we are bad people for
> eating meat then by having all people eat meat we can then remove the
> feature of being a bad person -- there is nothing to compare one's self
> to in this example.

=======================
No one is telling people they have to eat meat, pansy-boy. The point is
that their categorical claims are lys. Ignorance and stupidity, just like
everything you post, fool.

The "bad" person is then converted in a "good"
> person. The absence of vegans is the absence of the reminder of what we
> do.

=======================
What's bad and what's good, pansy-boy?

rick etter 17-01-2005 06:10 PM

=======================
No one is telling people they have to eat meat, pansy-boy. The point is
that their categorical claims are lys. Ignorance and stupidity, just like
everything you post, fool.

The "bad" person is then converted in a "good"
> person. The absence of vegans is the absence of the reminder of what we
> do.

=======================
What's bad and what's good, pansy-boy?

Scented Nectar 17-01-2005 06:10 PM

> Where's that proof of tofu causing more harm than
> > animal products? Not that I'm the biggest fan of tofu, but
> > what do you have against it?

> ====================
> It's dangerous, to you and especially animals, fool. You've been

shown how
> the 'ratio' of grain to product is even worse than the meat you spew

about
> fool. Try to keep up, hypocrite.

You've not shown me a bean to tofu ratio, nor have
you shown me a grain to meat ratio to compare it
to. Jay/Jon/Rudy posted a few specific animal ones
and someone else posted some seafood ones,
but I've not seen the bean to tofu ratio.