Jill Ballard

Default where buy bargain soy beverage?

I live in San Diego and am finding it difficult to find bargain soy
beverage. Whole Foods Market used to have a 32 oz for .99 and Henry's in
North Park sometimes has Manager's Specials for .89, but mostly I just see
expensive stuff.

Steve

Jill Ballard wrote:
> I live in San Diego and am finding it difficult to find bargain soy
> beverage. Whole Foods Market used to have a 32 oz for .99 and Henry's in
> North Park sometimes has Manager's Specials for .89, but mostly I just see
> expensive stuff.

Oriental markets. You will get both tofu and soy milk for a fraction of
the price ( though the ingredients will be of slightly lesser
quality......not organic non gmo soy )

HTH

Steve

--
Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Jerry Story

Soy beverage is over-rated.

usual suspect

Jill Ballard wrote:
> I live in San Diego and am finding it difficult to find bargain soy
> beverage. Whole Foods Market used to have a 32 oz for .99 and Henry's in
> North Park sometimes has Manager's Specials for .89, but mostly I just see
> expensive stuff.

Hi, Jill. Your best bet is to stock up during sales at either store or
look for sales at larger chains (Von's, etc.). That reminds me, some
regional grocers have privately labeled soy milk now. I'm pretty sure
it's all coming from Dean Foods, who also make Silk brand soy milk. I've
seen half-gallons (regular and vanilla) of the private label soy milk
for $1.99 here; like Silk and other brands, it's labeled as having no GM
soy. You might want to look around beyond Whole Foods and Henry's.
usual suspect

Jill Ballard wrote:
> I live in San Diego and am finding it difficult to find bargain soy
> beverage. Whole Foods Market used to have a 32 oz for .99 and Henry's in
> North Park sometimes has Manager's Specials for .89, but mostly I just see
> expensive stuff.

Hi, Jill. Your best bet is to stock up during sales at either store or
look for sales at larger chains (Von's, etc.). That reminds me, some
regional grocers have privately labeled soy milk now. I'm pretty sure
it's all coming from Dean Foods, who also make Silk brand soy milk. I've
seen half-gallons (regular and vanilla) of the private label soy milk
for $1.99 here; like Silk and other brands, it's labeled as having no GM
soy. You might want to look around beyond Whole Foods and Henry's.

Momzilla

"Jerry Story" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Soy beverage is over-rated.

That is a matter of opinion. My daughter and I are both dairy allergic. Soy
beverage is great for us.
I buy a couple of different brands. I use Westsoy Organic Unsweetened for
cereal and in my coffee. I'll use what is on sale for baking, pancakes and
such.
The supermarket chains often have soy beverages on sale as a loss leader. I
watch the ads and take advantage of the sales. Trader Joe's usually has a
good price on their house brands.

-nancy-

Jerry Story

For facts (not opinions) about soy, go to
http://www.ecologos.org/ttdd.html
and then scroll to
"Links on the hazards of eating soy:"

Dairy is probably over-rated too.
Coffee is over-rated.

My favorite beverage is carrot juice.

Bargain day The Cook Preserving 8 18-10-2008 04:43 PM
Bargain Or Rip Off??? Sandra28 General Cooking 9 07-11-2006 04:00 AM
T- Day Is A Bargain... Gregory Morrow General Cooking 0 25-11-2004 02:33 PM