Momzilla

Default jerusalem artichokes

My brother (an avid gardener) brought a big bag of Jerusalem Artichokes to
my Mom's house for T-day. He handed me the bag and said "you being a Vegan I
hoped you could tell me what to do with these" I handed back the bag and
said, "Toss them over the fence into the neighbors yard". My brother said, "
Yeah, that's how I came to grow them"
I cooked them and everyone tried them. Mom and Dad agreed that Jerusalem
Artichokes were a whole lot tastier during the Depression and War.
They were'nt that bad but there were much better things on the plate.
My last house had a wicked infestation of Jerusalem Artichokes, took us
years to get rid of them. One neighbor bought two tubers for fun and then
"shared" the crop. When I moved in everyone warned me about accepting
garden "gifts" from that woman.
-nancy-

usual suspect

Momzilla wrote:

> My brother (an avid gardener) brought a big bag of Jerusalem Artichokes to
> my Mom's house for T-day. He handed me the bag and said "you being a Vegan I
> hoped you could tell me what to do with these" I handed back the bag and
> said, "Toss them over the fence into the neighbors yard". My brother said, "
> Yeah, that's how I came to grow them"
> I cooked them and everyone tried them. Mom and Dad agreed that Jerusalem
> Artichokes were a whole lot tastier during the Depression and War.
> They were'nt that bad but there were much better things on the plate.
> My last house had a wicked infestation of Jerusalem Artichokes, took us
> years to get rid of them. One neighbor bought two tubers for fun and then
> "shared" the crop. When I moved in everyone warned me about accepting
> garden "gifts" from that woman.

You didn't say how you cooked them. They're pretty good roasted with other
vegetables or even by themselves.