Old 21-03-2012, 07:43 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

Default eat the tea?

There's been some evidence that green tea has
beneficial health effects, so I've been drinking a
cup a day. I don't even like green tea, but I force it down.

Now, if the tea contains some magic fairy dust,
which seeps into the water during steeping, does
it make sense to swallow the dregs of the bag,
after downing the cup? To get the full effect, so
to speak. Is there any potential downside, besides
the taste?

--
Rich

Old 21-03-2012, 07:47 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

On Mar 21, 12:43*pm, RichD wrote:
There's been some evidence that green tea has
beneficial health effects, so I've been drinking a
cup a day. *I don't even like green tea, but I force it down.

Now, if the tea contains some magic fairy dust,
which seeps into the water during steeping, does
it make sense to swallow the dregs of the bag,
after downing the cup? *To get the full effect, so
to speak. *Is there any potential downside, besides
the taste?

--
Rich

I started drinking a glass of water with two teaspoons of organic
apple cider. I think it helps my IBS.
Old 21-03-2012, 07:51 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

On 3/21/2012 3:43 PM, RichD wrote:
There's been some evidence that green tea has
beneficial health effects, so I've been drinking a
cup a day. I don't even like green tea, but I force it down.

Now, if the tea contains some magic fairy dust,
which seeps into the water during steeping, does
it make sense to swallow the dregs of the bag,
after downing the cup? To get the full effect, so
to speak. Is there any potential downside, besides
the taste?

--
Rich

You must remember the Indian that drank 32 cups of tea before going to bed.

He drowned in his teepee.
Old 21-03-2012, 10:26 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

"RichD" wrote in message
There's been some evidence that green tea has
beneficial health effects, so I've been drinking a
cup a day. I don't even like green tea, but I force it down.

Now, if the tea contains some magic fairy dust,
which seeps into the water during steeping, does
it make sense to swallow the dregs of the bag,
after downing the cup? To get the full effect, so
to speak. Is there any potential downside, besides

I take it in pill form.

Old 25-03-2012, 05:06 AM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

On Mar 21, 12:43*pm, RichD wrote:
There's been some evidence that green tea has
beneficial health effects, so I've been drinking a
cup a day. *I don't even like green tea, but I force it down.

Now, if the tea contains some magic fairy dust,
which seeps into the water during steeping, does
it make sense to swallow the dregs of the bag,
after downing the cup? *To get the full effect, so
to speak. *Is there any potential downside, besides
the taste?

--
Rich

I do, but I don't know if it is better. I did notice that the caffeine
dose is much higher. I can't tolerate a full tea bag worth.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

On Apr 1, (Rusty Oxhide) wrote:
does it make sense to swallow the dregs of the
bag, after downing the cup? To get the full
effect, so to speak. Is there any potential
downside, besides the taste?

YES. TEA IS SOMETIMES ADULTERATED WITH ELEMENTAL
IRON. IRON POISONING
CAN RESULT IN LIVER FAILURE AND DEATH.

I have been reading about the adulteration of tea. I was surprised to
find out that iron filings are sometimes added to tea leaf to increase
weight and add color.

DO NOT CONSUME THE CONTENTS OF A SPENT (USED)
TEA BAG.

Source?

--
Rich
Old 25-07-2012, 12:55 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

"RichD" wrote in message
There's been some evidence that green tea has
beneficial health effects, so I've been drinking a
cup a day. I don't even like green tea, but I force it down.

Now, if the tea contains some magic fairy dust,
which seeps into the water during steeping, does
it make sense to swallow the dregs of the bag,
after downing the cup? To get the full effect, so
to speak. Is there any potential downside, besides
the taste?

--
Rich

A little apple juice mixed in the green tea, changes the taste in a way that
most people who at first dont like the taste of green tea suddenly like it.
A bit of experimentation is called for here.

These people import a quality tea from japan and recommend eating the tea
leaves.

http://www.shinzo.co.uk/

Old 29-07-2012, 03:40 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

I dont think drinking the dregs will harm you. I put green tea bags in
bottles of water and let them steep in the refrigerator for green ice tea.
When I get tired of the flavor I just add a drink straw to it. Hopefully I
can get some of that magic fairy dust.

Old 29-07-2012, 05:15 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

Default 12 Seemingly Vegan & Vegetarian Foods That Really Arent

http://tinyurl.com/co75vyy
Wow and Ewww
Old 29-07-2012, 10:38 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

"Jannyl" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/co75vyy
Wow and Ewww

Yeah. I think most vegans know this.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 AM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med

I knew some of them but not all of them. It was still amazing to me!