Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default not difficult for me to go veggie

It took me 2 weeks to ween off of meat without effort. Ever since then, I
feel very sick if meat is in my mouth or stomach, so I don't eat it. I
don't eat it, want it, or miss it.

For most people it is extremely difficult. I'm not sure why. Could part of
it be genetic.?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Tim923 wrote:
> It took me 2 weeks to ween off of meat without effort. Ever since then, I
> feel very sick if meat is in my mouth or stomach, so I don't eat it. I
> don't eat it, want it, or miss it.

I did it cold turkey [no pun intended]--I just stopped. Like that. And never
looked back. That was in 1988.

> For most people it is extremely difficult. I'm not sure why. Could part of
> it be genetic.?

Perhaps. But there are probably many other reasons that are more likely to make
the transition difficult, including laziness--it takes some work to figure out
how to do it right!

--

Be kind to animals. Don't: eat, wear, kill, hurt, or test on them.
http://tinyurl.com/25yo5bf
Posted to alt.food.vegan

I didn't think I could go veggie at first, but then it just clicked after 2
weeks or so. I just felt very sick eating it.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Meat has a certain aura that doesn't agree with me -- the death and fear of
the animal.

Maybe most people don't pick up on this, or don't care, or enjoy it to some
extent, or to a great extent.

I used to eat meat so I know what it is like on both ends.

If an animal must be used for food, it should be raised with a reasonably
quality of life and slaughtered humanly. That would greatly improve the
aura.

Member

It took me 2 weeks to ween off of meat without effort. Ever since then, I feel very sick if meat is in my mouth or stomach, so I don't eat it. I don't eat it, want it, or miss it.

Slightly OT... the most difficult job. Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 0 01-09-2013 01:08 PM
Easy or Difficult? MADCookie Sourdough 1 08-10-2005 12:05 AM
Pavlova - very difficult to get just right Gary General Cooking 1 03-10-2005 06:57 AM
Pavlova - very difficult to get just right Gary General Cooking 0 02-10-2005 07:18 PM
Difficult numbers with malic musts Ben Rotter Winemaking 16 14-10-2003 11:41 AM