Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

Default The Medical Industrial Complex

On alt.food.vegan, Tom Emano > wrote:
> The Medical Industrial Complex is indeed a monster (a very
> dangerous and un-natural predator).
>
> It only makes money if you are sick or afraid of becoming sick
> and it is controlled by institutional and individual investors
> who care about money above all things.
>
> It only makes money if the treatment or preventive medicine involves
> technology, which includes pharmaceuticals.
>
> In order to make people afraid of becoming sick it spends enormous
> amounts of money on advertising designed to convince them that
> several falsehoods are instead facts:
>
> 1. That the human body is prone to disease.
>
> If that were the case there wouldn't _be_ a human race. The
> human body is obviously inherently healthy.
>
> 2. That aging automatically brings with it all sorts of diseasee
> conditions including the loss of the senses.
>
> Look around. There are old people all over the place who are
> vigorously healthy and have keen senses. Talk to these people
> and you will discover that they avoid the Medical Industrial
> Complex like the plague and don't have TVs and thus avoid
> their potent propaganda.
>
> 3. That only technological treatments and preventive medicine are
> effective. They even go so far as to claim that depression is
> caused only and directly by physical conditions, which is absurd.
>
> They pretend to ignore the enormous body of evidence that
> indicates that a person's state of mind is the most important
> factor determining their overall health while making use of
> that same knowledge to undermine people's health with the
> above propaganda.
>
> They also undermine people's health by using artificial drugs
> rather than natural ones and constantly lobbying to have
> all natural remedies and therapies banned.
>
> Again, look around. Do you see the healthy people that the
> MIC wants us to believe that techological medicine has
> created? No. You see very unhealthy people who are spending
> so much on disease care (to give health care a more accurate
> label) that it is threatening our entire economy.
>
> I remember being a kid in the 1950's. People were a LOT healthier
> then. Almost no one had health insurance and they rarely went to
> the doctor and rarely took drugs of any kind. The average person
> could work hard all day long and enjoy it. Serious illnesses were
> so rare that they were newsworthy and became the talk of the
> town. Healthy old people died peacefully in their sleep after
> playing with their great-grandchildren all day long.
>
> Tom

I know one thing: If there were no cars you could close half
the hospitals in this country, and if the medical people were
really interested in making us healthy they would be lobbying
the government to ban cars and telling their patients not
to drive.

The medical people would be the strongest proponents of public
mass transportation in the country.

But they are obviously more interested in money than they are
our physical well being. Money includes jobs.

Sid