Randell Tarin

Default Factual hypotheical....?

What the heck does any of this have to do with vegan food?
Quit cross posting this non-relevant bullshit!

Get back on topic for God's sake (whomever that might be)

in article , H.D.S at
wrote on 09/12/04 9:26 PM:

wrote in
> :
>
>> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:41:28 GMT, "H.D.S" > wrote:

wrote in
>>> :

wrote in

>>> That sounds precisely like a human emotion.

>> What emotion would that be?

> Selfinterest.
>
> Perhaps 'characteristic' would have been a better word.
>
> In any case, it would not be a characteristic I would ascribe to a god.

>>> Are you kidding?
>>>
>>> Omnibenevolence and ultimate compassion are human characteristics?
>>>
>>> I always hear theists state god loves all even if you do not love god.

>> I never do. Exactly what would make a person believe that?

> You would have to ask them.
>
>> Don't
>> say it's in the Bible or something like that unless you can say where
>> it is.

> Have you never read any other postings in these NGs?
>
> You can probably pick one at random and read it for yourself.
>

>>> That is not a human trait, that is purely a divine trait.

>> So far it's just a bunch of bullshit to me.

> That god is omnibenevolent?
>
> Well guess what, the WHOLE THING sounds like bullshit to me.

>>> And logicaly there can not be evidence for the non-existence of
>>> anything. (A non-existence entity does not produce tangible evidence,
>>> duh).

>>> Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

>> You mean do I realize how ridiculous it sounds to you. There are
>> other
>> people besides myself who don't think such a thing is ridiculous, and
>> there is even a term for it.

> Foolishness.

>>> So I guess that is a yes.

>> By saying it's acceptable to me you should be able to conclude
>> that.
>> If Jesus was God, I consider it far worse to lie and say he was not.

> Are you certain Jesus was god?
>
> If you are uncertain then it can not possibly be a lie.

>>> No.

>>> Because I enjoy material things.
>>>

>>> In any case, he was just an example. I also do not live life like
>>> jesus did, and he is claimed to be god, however I try to follow both
>>> of their teachings.
>>>
>>> The difference is Buddha's claims of compassion and simplicity are
>>> capable by all mankind, as he was just a mortal man. Jesus' followers
>>> are excused because they are incapable of being as perfect as jesus
>>> since he was a god.
>>>
>>> If someone chooses not to follow the precise teachings of Buddha then
>>> the responsibility lies on their shoulders.
>>>
>>> If someone chooses not to follow the precise teachings of Jesus they
>>> have the inherint excuse that it is impossible.

>> That means nothing. You have already proven that people will find
>> an
>> excuse for not doing what they don't want to do, by finding an excuse
>> for not doing what you don't want to do.

> It is inherintly impossible to match the abilities of a god. It is
> therefore impossible for anyone to live how Jesus did.
>
> That is the point I have made.

Randell Tarin

What the heck does any of this have to do with vegan food?
Quit cross posting this non-relevant bullshit!

Get back on topic for God's sake (whomever that might be)

in article , H.D.S at
wrote on 09/12/04 9:26 PM:

wrote in
> [...]

>>> of their teachings.
>>>
>>> The difference is Buddha's claims of compassion and simplicity are
>>> capable by all mankind, as he was just a mortal man. Jesus' followers
>>> are excused because they are incapable of being as perfect as jesus
>>> since he was a god.
>>>
>>> If someone chooses not to follow the precise teachings of Buddha then
>>> the responsibility lies on their shoulders.
>>>
>>> If someone chooses not to follow the precise teachings of Jesus they
>>> have the inherint excuse that it is impossible.

>> That means nothing. You have already proven that people will find
>> an
>> excuse for not doing what they don't want to do, by finding an excuse
>> for not doing what you don't want to do.

> It is inherintly impossible to match the abilities of a god. It is
> therefore impossible for anyone to live how Jesus did.

Randell Tarin

What the heck does any of this have to do with vegan food?
Quit cross posting this non-relevant bullshit!

Get back on topic for God's sake (whomever that might be)

in article , H.D.S at

wrote in

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:47:19 GMT, Randell Tarin > wrote:

>What the heck does any of this have to do with vegan food?
>Quit cross posting this non-relevant bullshit!
>
>Get back on topic for God's sake (whomever that might be)

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following in order to be successful:
Tires, Surgical sutures, Matches, Soaps, Photographic film,
Cosmetics, Shaving cream, Paints, Candles, Crayon/Chalk,
Toothpaste, Deodorants, Mouthwash, Paper, Upholstery,
Floor waxes, Glass, Water Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer,
Antifreeze

http://www.aif.org/lvstock.htm
Ceramics, Insecticides, Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic,
Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen, Heparin, Insulin,
Pancreatin, Thrombin, Vasopressin, Vitamin B-12, Asphalt,
auto and jet lubricants, outboard engine oil, high-performance
greases, brake fluid

http://www.teachfree.com/student/wow_that_cow.htm
contact-lens care products, glues for paper and cardboard
cartons, bookbinding glue, clarification of wines, Hemostats,
sunscreens and sunblocks, dental floss, hairspray, inks, PVC

http://www.discover.com/aug_01/featcow.html
Explosives, Solvents, Industrial Oils, Industrial Lubricants,
Stearic Acid, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides, Syringes,
Gelatin Capsules, Bandage Strips, Combs and Toothbrushes,
Emery Boards and Cloth, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood and Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Adhesive Tape, Abrasives, Bone Charcoal for High
Grade Steel, Steel Ball Bearings

http://www.sheepusa.org/environment/products.shtml
slaughters, and the animals live and die in it as they do
in any other habitat. They also depend on it for their
lives like the animals in any other habitat. If people
consume animal products from animals they think are
raised in decent ways, they will be promoting life for
more such animals in the future.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. From a grass
raised dairy cow people get thousands of servings of dairy
products. Due to the influence of farm machinery, and *icides,
and in the case of rice the flooding and draining of fields,
one serving of soy or rice based product is likely to involve
more animal deaths than hundreds of servings derived from grass
raised cattle. Grass raised cattle products contribute to less
wildlife deaths, better wildlife habitat, and decent lives for
cattle. ·

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:47:19 GMT, Randell Tarin > wrote:

>What the heck does any of this have to do with vegan food?
>Quit cross posting this non-relevant bullshit!
>
>Get back on topic for God's sake (whomever that might be)

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following in order to be successful:
Tires, Surgical sutures, Matches, Soaps, Photographic film,
Cosmetics, Shaving cream, Paints, Candles, Crayon/Chalk,
Toothpaste, Deodorants, Mouthwash, Paper, Upholstery,
Floor waxes, Glass, Water Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer,
Antifreeze

http://www.aif.org/lvstock.htm
Ceramics, Insecticides, Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic,
Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen, Heparin, Insulin,
Pancreatin, Thrombin, Vasopressin, Vitamin B-12, Asphalt,
auto and jet lubricants, outboard engine oil, high-performance
greases, brake fluid

http://www.teachfree.com/student/wow_that_cow.htm
contact-lens care products, glues for paper and cardboard
cartons, bookbinding glue, clarification of wines, Hemostats,
sunscreens and sunblocks, dental floss, hairspray, inks, PVC

http://www.discover.com/aug_01/featcow.html
Explosives, Solvents, Industrial Oils, Industrial Lubricants,
Stearic Acid, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides, Syringes,
Gelatin Capsules, Bandage Strips, Combs and Toothbrushes,
Emery Boards and Cloth, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood and Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Adhesive Tape, Abrasives, Bone Charcoal for High
Grade Steel, Steel Ball Bearings

http://www.sheepusa.org/environment/products.shtml
slaughters, and the animals live and die in it as they do
in any other habitat. They also depend on it for their
lives like the animals in any other habitat. If people
consume animal products from animals they think are
raised in decent ways, they will be promoting life for
more such animals in the future.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised