Suzie-Q

Default Would Tofu Work?

When put in a blender, does tofu sort of liquify, or what?
Would it work in a "smoothie"? How would it taste?

Sorry if I sound ignorant. On this subject I am. Educate me.

Thanks,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:21:26 GMT, Suzie-Q > wrote:

>When put in a blender, does tofu sort of liquify, or what?
>Would it work in a "smoothie"? How would it taste?
>
>Sorry if I sound ignorant. On this subject I am. Educate me.
>
>Thanks,

· From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
draining of fields, one meal of soy or rice based product is
likely to involve more animal deaths than hundreds of meals
derived from grass raised cattle. Grass raised cattle products
contribute to less wildlife deaths, better wildlife habitat, and
better lives for cattle than soy or rice products. ·
Rubystars

"Suzie-Q" > wrote in message
> When put in a blender, does tofu sort of liquify, or what?
> Would it work in a "smoothie"? How would it taste?
>
> Sorry if I sound ignorant. On this subject I am. Educate me.

I think it has to do with the texture of the tofu. I've heard of soft tofu
being used for that kind of thing, but for smoothies I think you'd be better
off using soy milk.

-Rubystars

Rubystars

"Suzie-Q" > wrote in message
> When put in a blender, does tofu sort of liquify, or what?
> Would it work in a "smoothie"? How would it taste?
>
> Sorry if I sound ignorant. On this subject I am. Educate me.

I think it has to do with the texture of the tofu. I've heard of soft tofu
being used for that kind of thing, but for smoothies I think you'd be better
off using soy milk.

-Rubystars

T5NF

Silken tofu will blend to a smooth consistancy, however, you may want to add
some liquid so you end up with something less like pudding and more like a
smoothy.

T5NF

Silken tofu will blend to a smooth consistancy, however, you may want to add
some liquid so you end up with something less like pudding and more like a
smoothy.
DJ Poo McNugget

You could try silken tofu, but I reckon it would be disgusting. Have you
thought of trying soy ice cream? You can blend that up. And don't listen to
what that other loser said, a venison smoothie would be even worse than a
tofu one.