katie

Default yummy bread topping

had a weird craving, and it worked out yummily. took some delish, fresh,
fluffy, bakery 12 grain bread, and put vegenaise on it, then topped with a
layer of sliced kalamata olives. very tasty. kind of reminds me of this
weird little snack my grandma used to make for my grandpa. she'd roll a
piece of white bread flat as a board, remove the crust, then put on a layer
of mayo, a slice of ham luncheon meat, and a layer of olives, then roll it
up and slice it into little pinwheels. it was one of his favourite snacks.
this olives and vegenaise on bread thing makes me think of them. and since
they're both gone now, it's kind of nice to have a food that makes me think
of them and smile. anyways, just wanted to share, since incidentally, this
makes a great salty+bread pms snack : )

Momzilla

"katie" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> had a weird craving, and it worked out yummily. took some delish, fresh,
> fluffy, bakery 12 grain bread, and put vegenaise on it, then topped with a
> layer of sliced kalamata olives. very tasty. kind of reminds me of this
> weird little snack my grandma used to make for my grandpa. she'd roll a
> piece of white bread flat as a board, remove the crust, then put on a

layer
> of mayo, a slice of ham luncheon meat, and a layer of olives, then roll it
> up and slice it into little pinwheels. it was one of his favourite

snacks.
> this olives and vegenaise on bread thing makes me think of them. and

since
> they're both gone now, it's kind of nice to have a food that makes me

think
> of them and smile. anyways, just wanted to share, since incidentally,

this
> makes a great salty+bread pms snack : )

Oh, this looks like a packable snack treat. We can take this to my Dad in
the hospital. Thanks!

-nancy-

Momzilla

"katie" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> had a weird craving, and it worked out yummily. took some delish, fresh,
> fluffy, bakery 12 grain bread, and put vegenaise on it, then topped with a
> layer of sliced kalamata olives. very tasty. kind of reminds me of this
> weird little snack my grandma used to make for my grandpa. she'd roll a
> piece of white bread flat as a board, remove the crust, then put on a

layer
> of mayo, a slice of ham luncheon meat, and a layer of olives, then roll it
> up and slice it into little pinwheels. it was one of his favourite

snacks.
> this olives and vegenaise on bread thing makes me think of them. and

since
> they're both gone now, it's kind of nice to have a food that makes me

think
> of them and smile. anyways, just wanted to share, since incidentally,

this
> makes a great salty+bread pms snack : )

Oh, this looks like a packable snack treat. We can take this to my Dad in
the hospital. Thanks!

-nancy-

Rubystars

"katie" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> had a weird craving, and it worked out yummily. took some delish, fresh,
> fluffy, bakery 12 grain bread, and put vegenaise on it, then topped with a
> layer of sliced kalamata olives. very tasty. kind of reminds me of this
> weird little snack my grandma used to make for my grandpa. she'd roll a
> piece of white bread flat as a board, remove the crust, then put on a

layer
> of mayo, a slice of ham luncheon meat, and a layer of olives, then roll it
> up and slice it into little pinwheels. it was one of his favourite

snacks.
> this olives and vegenaise on bread thing makes me think of them. and

since
> they're both gone now, it's kind of nice to have a food that makes me

think
> of them and smile. anyways, just wanted to share, since incidentally,

this
> makes a great salty+bread pms snack : )

I like spreading butter on french bread, dashing with garlic powder and
shredded cheese, then baking it till its crunchy.

-Rubystars

Rubystars

"katie" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> had a weird craving, and it worked out yummily. took some delish, fresh,
> fluffy, bakery 12 grain bread, and put vegenaise on it, then topped with a
> layer of sliced kalamata olives. very tasty. kind of reminds me of this
> weird little snack my grandma used to make for my grandpa. she'd roll a
> piece of white bread flat as a board, remove the crust, then put on a

layer
> of mayo, a slice of ham luncheon meat, and a layer of olives, then roll it
> up and slice it into little pinwheels. it was one of his favourite

snacks.
> this olives and vegenaise on bread thing makes me think of them. and

since
> they're both gone now, it's kind of nice to have a food that makes me

think
> of them and smile. anyways, just wanted to share, since incidentally,

this
> makes a great salty+bread pms snack : )

I like spreading butter on french bread, dashing with garlic powder and
shredded cheese, then baking it till its crunchy.

-Rubystars

C. James Strutz

"katie" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> had a weird craving, and it worked out yummily. took some delish,

fresh,
> fluffy, bakery 12 grain bread, and put vegenaise on it, then topped

with a
> layer of sliced kalamata olives. very tasty. kind of reminds me of

this
> weird little snack my grandma used to make for my grandpa. she'd

roll a
> piece of white bread flat as a board, remove the crust, then put on

a layer
> of mayo, a slice of ham luncheon meat, and a layer of olives, then

roll it
> up and slice it into little pinwheels. it was one of his favourite

snacks.
> this olives and vegenaise on bread thing makes me think of them.

and since
> they're both gone now, it's kind of nice to have a food that makes

me think
> of them and smile. anyways, just wanted to share, since

incidentally, this
> makes a great salty+bread pms snack : )

This reminds me of my grandmother too. She used to spread applesauce
on bread slices. I haven't thought of that in years.

C. James Strutz

"katie" > wrote in message
.rogers.com...
> had a weird craving, and it worked out yummily. took some delish,

fresh,
> fluffy, bakery 12 grain bread, and put vegenaise on it, then topped

with a
> layer of sliced kalamata olives. very tasty. kind of reminds me of

this
> weird little snack my grandma used to make for my grandpa. she'd

roll a
> piece of white bread flat as a board, remove the crust, then put on

a layer
> of mayo, a slice of ham luncheon meat, and a layer of olives, then

roll it
> up and slice it into little pinwheels. it was one of his favourite

snacks.
> this olives and vegenaise on bread thing makes me think of them.

and since
> they're both gone now, it's kind of nice to have a food that makes

me think
> of them and smile. anyways, just wanted to share, since

incidentally, this
> makes a great salty+bread pms snack : )

This reminds me of my grandmother too. She used to spread applesauce
on bread slices. I haven't thought of that in years.

katie

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "katie" > wrote in message
> .rogers.com...
> > had a weird craving, and it worked out yummily. took some delish,

> fresh,
> > fluffy, bakery 12 grain bread, and put vegenaise on it, then topped

> with a
> > layer of sliced kalamata olives. very tasty. kind of reminds me of

> this
> > weird little snack my grandma used to make for my grandpa. she'd

> roll a
> > piece of white bread flat as a board, remove the crust, then put on

> a layer
> > of mayo, a slice of ham luncheon meat, and a layer of olives, then

> roll it
> > up and slice it into little pinwheels. it was one of his favourite

> snacks.
> > this olives and vegenaise on bread thing makes me think of them.

> and since
> > they're both gone now, it's kind of nice to have a food that makes

> me think
> > of them and smile. anyways, just wanted to share, since

> incidentally, this
> > makes a great salty+bread pms snack : )

> This reminds me of my grandmother too. She used to spread applesauce
> on bread slices. I haven't thought of that in years.

applesauce on bread...what a cool and tasty sounding idea! thanks, i'll
have to try it. sure will be healthier than earth balance!
: )

Yummy! Mexican Cooking 1 27-07-2009 08:05 PM
YUMMY ROSE NO NAME General Cooking 0 04-05-2009 08:26 PM
Banana Bread with Cinnamon Crumble Topping WindyCityPrince Recipes (moderated) 0 22-09-2008 02:46 AM
Yummy Dick Adams Sourdough 0 16-11-2005 01:38 PM
Yummy; T General Cooking 7 07-08-2004 11:14 PM