Anonymous

Default Braised Caribou in Sour Cream

Title: Braised Caribou in Sour Cream
Categories: Venison, Bacon, Dairy, Wine
Yield: 6 Servings

5 lb 2 1/2" thick rump or bottom
Round of caribou
3 tb Lard or bacon fat
1 Onion
4 Carrots, sliced thick
2 Cloves garlic, sliced
2 c Red wine
1 c Bouillon
2 Bay leaves
1 ts Rosemary
1/2 ts Savory
1/2 ts Thyme
2 tb Catsup
2 tb Butter
2 tb Flour
1 1/2 c Sour cream
Salt and pepper

Brown the caribou well in the fat on both sides over medium heat in a
casserole dish. When second side is nearly browned, add the onions,
carrots, and garlic and saute until onions are soft.

Add the liquids, the herbs, and catsup, and bring to a boil. Turn
down the fire and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is done. Add
water if it cooks down too much.

In a skillet melt butter, stir in the flour, and cook gently a minute
or two. Pour off the liquid from the casserole, and off heat stir into
the butter- flour mixture. Return to a medium flame, let it slowly
thicken, stirring all the while. Stir in the sour cream and heat but
do not allow the sauce to boil. Season with salt and pepper.

MMMMM
-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Dogtanian

"Anonymous" > wrote in message
newsD7527LC38143.6983449074@anonymous...
<cut>
WTF is a caribou??

Dogtanian

"Anonymous" > wrote in message
newsD7527LC38143.6983449074@anonymous...
<cut>
stupid ****ing troll!

William Hershman

Default Hey William Hershman! (was Braised Caribou in Sour Cream)

"Common Man" <not.public@> wrote in message
s.com...

> Looks like someone finally posted a recipe! ;-)

Yes, but sour cream contains dairy ingredients, doesn't it?

Rubystars

"Dogtanian" > wrote in message

> "Anonymous" > wrote in message
> newsD7527LC38143.6983449074@anonymous...
> <cut>
> WTF is a caribou??

A deer.

-Rubystars

Steve

Anonymous > wrote in message news:<DD7527LC38143.6983449074@anonymous>...
> Title: Braised Caribou in Sour Cream

Plonk!
BlueHeron

Rubystars wrote:

> "Dogtanian" > wrote in message
>
>>"Anonymous" > wrote in message
>>newsD7527LC38143.6983449074@anonymous...
>><cut>
>>WTF is a caribou??

> A deer.
>
> -Rubystars

No no no, caribou are a norther herbivore with big antlers, and are
much, much bigger than deer. They are somehwere in size between a deer
and mouse. They also tend to travel in herds and are one of the main
food sources for Inuit, Innu and Cri, along with Arctic Char, Seal and
whatever herbs and berries the tundra has to offer.

-- Blue
Jonathan Ball

BlueHeron wrote:

> Rubystars wrote:
>
>> "Dogtanian" > wrote in message
>>
>>> "Anonymous" > wrote in message
>>> newsD7527LC38143.6983449074@anonymous...
>>> <cut>
>>> WTF is a caribou??

>> A deer.
>>
>> -Rubystars

> No no no, caribou are a norther herbivore with big antlers, and are
> much, much bigger than deer. They are somehwere in size between a deer
> and mouse.

A MOOSE, you goof! (Or is that 'gouf'?) Except that
many Canadians, when asked to repeat the expression

There's a mouse in the house, get it out!

pronounce it

There's a moose in the hoose, get it oot!

You must be one of those, so I understand your confusion.

> They also tend to travel in herds and are one of the main
> food sources for Inuit, Innu and Cri, along with Arctic Char, Seal and
> whatever herbs and berries the tundra has to offer.
>
> -- Blue

Rubystars

"BlueHeron" > wrote in message
. ..

> Rubystars wrote:
>
> > "Dogtanian" > wrote in message
> >
> >>"Anonymous" > wrote in message
> >>newsD7527LC38143.6983449074@anonymous...
> >><cut>
> >>WTF is a caribou??

> > A deer.
> >
> > -Rubystars

> No no no, caribou are a norther herbivore with big antlers, and are
> much, much bigger than deer. They are somehwere in size between a deer
> and mouse. They also tend to travel in herds and are one of the main
> food sources for Inuit, Innu and Cri, along with Arctic Char, Seal and
> whatever herbs and berries the tundra has to offer.
>
> -- Blue

I read on one site that they have a lot in common with reindeer.

-Rubystars

CheeseCake - Sour Cream vs. Heavy Cream Vs. ? Cyber Baking 10 18-11-2006 05:29 AM
Garlic Cloves Braised in Cream [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-04-2006 07:30 AM
Caribou sausage Banjo Barbecue 36 05-09-2004 04:54 AM
can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche? SPOONS General Cooking 14 07-08-2004 02:08 AM
SOUR CREAM ?? Dee General Cooking 6 01-07-2004 12:48 AM