Lorraine

Default hello

"shelloid" > wrote in message
> Just signed up to this newsgroup and thought I'd say hi. I've been vegan

for
> about 4 years now, but don't really have any vegan friends, so thought

this
> may be a good way to chat to like minded people!
> I was reading your messages about Quorn and it looks like you guys have
> different stuff in the states as here in the UK it all has egg 'bits' in
> (and last I heard they were battery), so it's definitely no go for me! But
> like others I would prefer to eat real mushrooms than Quorn anyway.
> Well that's all for my introduction,
> Shell
>

> ---

Howdy and welcome. Got any good recipes? I'm partial to vegan junk food.
)

Lorraine

Rubystars

"Lorraine" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Howdy and welcome. Got any good recipes? I'm partial to vegan junk food.
> )

http://www.veganmeat.com/junk.html

-Rubystars

katie

Default junk food

"Lorraine" > wrote in message

> "shelloid" > wrote in message
> > Just signed up to this newsgroup and thought I'd say hi. I've been vegan

> for
> > about 4 years now, but don't really have any vegan friends, so thought

> this
> > may be a good way to chat to like minded people!
> > I was reading your messages about Quorn and it looks like you guys have
> > different stuff in the states as here in the UK it all has egg 'bits' in
> > (and last I heard they were battery), so it's definitely no go for me!

But
> > like others I would prefer to eat real mushrooms than Quorn anyway.
> > Well that's all for my introduction,
> > Shell
> >

> > ---

> Howdy and welcome. Got any good recipes? I'm partial to vegan junk food.
> )
>
> Lorraine

oooo...do you have one of those classic betty crocker cookbooks? either the
normal, full cookbook or the betty crocker cookie cookbook? cause if you're
looking for some super fattening and delish junk food, both her chocolate
chip and peanut butter cookie recipes can be really easily veganized. no
one can ever tell the difference, either. i just replace the butter/marge
with earth balance and the eggs with ener-g or another egg replacer. total
home-baked goodness...in a bad for you kindof way ()
ooo, also, you know what's super yummy and another 'i can't believe it's
vegan' dessert? i bake a vegan chocolate cake (super easy recipe in a
brownie pan, will post later) and then layer it in a goblet with soy
delicious chocolate icecream, fresh raspberries, and a vegan chocolate
sauce. mmmm...looks so pretty with all the different layers, and even my
vegan-phobic steak n' potatoes little brother was angling for seconds.
mmmm...making me feel snackish ()

shelloid

> Howdy and welcome. Got any good recipes? I'm partial to vegan junk food.
> )
>
> Lorraine

Don't think this really counts as junk food but I found a really good
chocolate overload recipe in one of Leah lenemans cook books (even I can'
eat much of it coz it really is way chocolate-y)

Goes something like this:
1oz chocolate
2 1/2 fl oz (1/3cup) soya milk
2oz vegan cream cheese 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1oz sugar (but I've never added this and its been fine)

melt chocolate and then add all the other ingredients. whizz them all
together with a blender put in a nice pretty dish and stick it in the fridge
for a couple of hours. hey presto super chocolate dessert mousse thingy.

I've made this a few times and it really is good if you like chocolate.

Shell

---