Laurie

Default sat fat and dementia

"The most consistent findings from epidemiologic and clinical studies so far
seem to be that cholesterol and [saturated] fat are positively ...
associated with dementia and cognitive impairment,"
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/468037

Ron

"Laurie" > wrote in message >...

> "The most consistent findings from epidemiologic and clinical studies so far
> seem to be that cholesterol and [saturated] fat are positively ...
> associated with dementia and cognitive impairment,"
> http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/468037

Obviously Ball is a victim of that.
Deborah Emmett

Laurie wrote:
> "The most consistent findings from epidemiologic and clinical studies so far
> seem to be that cholesterol and [saturated] fat are positively ...
> associated with dementia and cognitive impairment,"
> http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/468037

Oh no! Don't tell me I have to give up chocolate as well!
Pen

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:03:38 +0000 (UTC), Deborah Emmett
> wrote:

>Laurie wrote:
>> "The most consistent findings from epidemiologic and clinical studies so far
>> seem to be that cholesterol and [saturated] fat are positively ...
>> associated with dementia and cognitive impairment,"
>> http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/468037
>>

>Oh no! Don't tell me I have to give up chocolate as well!

vegan choc does not have saturated fat ... does it?

staring suspiciously at the Booja Booja chocs on the coffee table here
Pen

Deborah Emmett

Pen wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:03:38 +0000 (UTC), Deborah Emmett
> > wrote:
>

>>Laurie wrote:
>>
>>>"The most consistent findings from epidemiologic and clinical studies so far
>>>seem to be that cholesterol and [saturated] fat are positively ...
>>>associated with dementia and cognitive impairment,"
>>>http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/468037
>>>

>>Oh no! Don't tell me I have to give up chocolate as well!

> vegan choc does not have saturated fat ... does it?
>
> staring suspiciously at the Booja Booja chocs on the coffee table here
> Pen

I'm not entirely sure...please tell me it doesn't!

usual suspect

Pen wrote:
>>>"The most consistent findings from epidemiologic and clinical studies so far
>>>seem to be that cholesterol and [saturated] fat are positively ...
>>>associated with dementia and cognitive impairment,"
>>>http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/468037
>>>

>>Oh no! Don't tell me I have to give up chocolate as well!

> vegan choc does not have saturated fat ... does it?

Yes, vegan idiot, it does. Many tropical oils are naturally saturated,
including cocoa butter.

> staring suspiciously at the Booja Booja chocs on the coffee table here

A little bit won't hurt you, Calamity Jane. Enjoy your food before it
enjoys you.

Helen

Quotes from http://health.discovery.com/encyclopedias/1935.html :-

"Small amounts of saturated fat are not harmful, but too much can increase
blood cholesterol levels in some people."
"Some vegetable foods are also high in saturated fat. These include coconut,
cocoa butter, palm oil, and tropical oil."

Everything in moderation Deborah I guess! Actually I have noticed that the
soft margarine I buy here in the UK, called "Pure" which is dairy free,
contains a large amount of palm oil in it.
- Helen