Default PETA officials collide with deer

http://www.ctsportsmen.com/news/peta..._with_deer.htm
Chris Morton

In article >,
says...

http://www.ctsportsmen.com/news/peta..._with_deer.htm

I hope the deer wasn't hurt! : )

--
Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with 210lb.
rapists.

Jack The Splat

--
> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with

210lb.
> rapists.

Yes, but in case rapists get the idea of buying guns, we should legalise
handgrenades too. Then in case the rapists buy hand grenades, we should all
be allowed to drive around in a tank. Then maybe some chemical weapons might
help. We might as well sell nukes in the local grocery store while we're at
it.

J.

http://www.J3Ltd.com

Haximus

> wrote in message
>

> http://www.ctsportsmen.com/news/peta..._with_deer.htm

It defies logic, doesn't it. Then again anything PETA does is rarely common
sense. If they really wanted to do something to stop the senseless
vehicular slaughter of animals they should have sold the Honda for scrap and
bought bicycles.

Russ Thompson

> Yes, but in case rapists get the idea of buying guns, we should legalise
> handgrenades too. Then in case the rapists buy hand grenades, we should

all
> be allowed to drive around in a tank. Then maybe some chemical weapons

might
> help. We might as well sell nukes in the local grocery store while we're

at
> it.

*** Without the guns there is little doubt of the outcome of the attempted
rape. With guns the 210# rapist and the 110# woman are evenly matched. That
in itself will prevent most stranger rapes. Rapists do not want to get into
an even fair fight. They want to abuse and controll a weaker person.
Looked at from my point of view (a 100# woman) I'll take the the gun
and be safer.

Kala Thomopson
Farmer
Richland Center, WI USA

Russ Thompson

Then in case the rapists buy hand grenades, we should all
> be allowed to drive around in a tank.

P.S. There's nothing wrong or illegal about owning and driving a tank. If
equiped with rubber treads that will not destroy the road then they can even
be driven on publuc roads like farm equipment and other large equipment.
Thousands of americans own tanks.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, WI

Mike Copeland

Russ Thompson wrote:

> Then in case the rapists buy hand grenades, we should all
>
>>be allowed to drive around in a tank.

> P.S. There's nothing wrong or illegal about owning and driving a tank. If
> equiped with rubber treads that will not destroy the road then they can even
> be driven on publuc roads like farm equipment and other large equipment.
> Thousands of americans own tanks.

Very true, but you have to get out of the tank sometime. So, don't
forget your gun
Mike

Rubystars

> wrote in message
>

> http://www.ctsportsmen.com/news/peta..._with_deer.htm

One thing the article omitted which I thought was kind of strange. It never
answered the charge by the PETA folks that deer populations were
artificially inflated to enhance the hunting. Is that true, or false?

-Rubystars

Russ Thompson

> One thing the article omitted which I thought was kind of strange. It
never
> answered the charge by the PETA folks that deer populations were
> artificially inflated to enhance the hunting. Is that true, or false?
>
> -Rubystars

*** How would one go about "artificially" inflating the deer population? Do
you think that deer are being raised in cages and bred for release come
hunting season? Maybe they are using artificial insemination?

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi

Brother Nexus

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:49:49 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
wrote:

>> One thing the article omitted which I thought was kind of strange. It

>never
>> answered the charge by the PETA folks that deer populations were
>> artificially inflated to enhance the hunting. Is that true, or false?
>>
>> -Rubystars

>*** How would one go about "artificially" inflating the deer population? Do
>you think that deer are being raised in cages and bred for release come
>hunting season? Maybe they are using artificial insemination?

No, it's quite simple actually and very cunning.. Pro hunt loons
spread wild stories about the huge numbers of deer and the destruction
they cause, ignorant people then allow them to "reduce" numbers by the
"claimed" best method the hunters suggest, which is to shoot them.
Which in actual fact directly causes the deer populations to rebound
to higher birth rates then they would normally achieve to compensate,
until in the end we have deer sustaining huge population increases
because the hunters have ensured it is so.

To actually maintain a manageable population of wildlife, non lethal
intervention is required and birth control is one of many methods used
very successfully.

http://tinyurl.com/2brxg

http://tinyurl.com/24h9o

and then look at one non lethal, highly successfully method of real
wildlife management.

http://tinyurl.com/2j3o8

http://tinyurl.com/ysddy

The simple fact is, asking hunting groups to get involved in genuine
conservation is like ask Ronnie Biggs to look after the collection
plate!

There are even many charities who claim to protect wildlife, like the
RSPB, Woodland Trust etc who are in bed with the hunters and earn
great profit from harvesting wild animals for shoots.

Time we woke up to the reality and asked ourselves, just how many
centuries does it take to "manage" populations by shooting them,
before someone says, hang on, this is not working!

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.801% richest people in the world.
There are 5,951,930,035 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 48,069,965
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.

Rubystars

"Russ Thompson" > wrote in message
> > One thing the article omitted which I thought was kind of strange. It

> never
> > answered the charge by the PETA folks that deer populations were
> > artificially inflated to enhance the hunting. Is that true, or false?
> >
> > -Rubystars

> *** How would one go about "artificially" inflating the deer population?

Do
> you think that deer are being raised in cages and bred for release come
> hunting season? Maybe they are using artificial insemination?
>
> Kala Thompson
> Farmer
> Richland Center, Wi

I'm not sure what PETA is claiming in regards to that. I'm just curious
about why it wasn't answered
in the article.

It seems like PETA is saying that the game management using hunting drives
up deer population in response to the
depletion. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me but if its so easy to tear
down then why wasn't the argument addressed?

-Rubystars

Russ Thompson

> It seems like PETA is saying that the game management using hunting drives
> up deer population in response to the
> depletion. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me but if its so easy to

tear
> down then why wasn't the argument addressed?
>
> -Rubystars

*** Maybe cause they, like me don't know how a deer population could be
artificially inflated and would consider it a silly question.
On the other hand there may really be a way to do it that I don't know
about and they are ducking the question.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, WI

Rubystars

"Russ Thompson" > wrote in message
> > It seems like PETA is saying that the game management using hunting

drives
> > up deer population in response to the
> > depletion. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me but if its so easy to

> tear
> > down then why wasn't the argument addressed?
> >
> > -Rubystars

> *** Maybe cause they, like me don't know how a deer population could be
> artificially inflated and would consider it a silly question.

I consider it silly too and think PETA is blowing hot air like usual, but
then, I've never really
looked into this.

> On the other hand there may really be a way to do it that I don't know
> about and they are ducking the question.

If it was too silly to dignify with an explanation they could have at least
said so (an
explanation would have been much more informative for people like me
though). As it is,
the article seems to have a huge gap in it.

-Rubystars