shlompyboy

Default Vegan Cheesecakes!

if you want a yummy vegan cheesecake try this. i made it up the other
day..i gave slices to 6 of my non-vegan friends and they all claimed
it was just as good, if not better than the real thing..i gave some to
my lady-friend, and she has since declared her eternal love for
me..(results may vary)..

...this may not work as well with the new tofutti cream cheese recipe
that is just coming into stores now..it's not nearly as good
IMHO..what a shame they ruined their cream cheese and sour
cream..partially-hygrogenated whateverz..geesh we aren't all a bunch
of health nazi's ya know...so if anyone has a good alternate cream
cheese recipe for this..please post it..anyways:

1 package tofutti better than cream cheese
eight tenths (8/10) of a package of mori-nu tofu (a whole package
tastes different i think)
1/2 cup sugar (from a good company)

add sugar to cream cheese..mix thorughly..add tofu and mix up in a
blender..

boil up some agar-agar in maybe 3/4 cup of water..(more agar=harder
cake)..blend into mix..

pour into crust of your choice..add some sliced strawberries on
top..chill in fridge for a few hours..agar will solidify it..

ding!...you have cheesecake..

jeremy
shlompyboy

> ..this may not work as well with the new tofutti cream cheese recipe
> that is just coming into stores now..it's not nearly as good
> IMHO..what a shame they ruined their cream cheese and sour
> cream..

i have just been informed this new recipe is indeed a new, seperate
product..they will continue to make the old products too..thank
goodness.peace.

jeremy
Momzilla

How much agar-agar?

Can I add lemon juice and zest to the water agar-agar mix?
thanks
-nancy-
"shlompyboy" > wrote in message
om...

> boil up some agar-agar in maybe 3/4 cup of water..(more agar=harder
>

> jeremy

shlompyboy

> How much agar-agar?

i didn't really measure, i just used the last of my bag..but i'd say
prolly 3-5 T of flakes should do it..just add more next time if it
doesn't get as firm as you'd like..and boil the agar/water mixture
down to 1/2 a cup or so before adding it to the mix..

> Can I add lemon juice and zest to the water agar-agar mix?

i see no reason why not..let me know how it turns out..

Cheesecakes z z General Cooking 0 27-11-2011 05:58 PM
REC Cheesecakes !!!!! Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 0 26-03-2010 07:06 AM
All To Myself Cheesecakes Cathy Leslie Recipes (moderated) 0 29-04-2006 06:26 AM
traveling with cheesecakes bre903 Baking 1 11-01-2006 08:39 PM
Storing Cheesecakes PJGolden1 Baking 2 28-11-2003 06:48 PM