Posted to alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default test

test, ignore
Posted to alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default Aging: Lack of B12 Linked to Brain Shrinkage

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/09/science/09rock.html

Failure to properly absorb vitamin B12, found in meat, milk and eggs,
has been implicated in various neurological disorders. Now a British
study suggests that low levels of the vitamin in older people may
cause the brain to shrink.
Posted to alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/09/science/09rock.html

> Failure to properly absorb vitamin B12, found in meat, milk and
> eggs,

Failure to absorb is NOT the fault of dietary input.

Nonsense, B-12 was IN plant foods UNTIL the cyanobacteria, and all
other micro-life was killed by chemical agriculture.
http://www.ecologos.org/B-12.htm

Laurie

Posted to alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/09/science/09rock.html
>
> Failure to properly absorb vitamin B12, found in meat, milk and

"> eggs,
Failure to absorb is NOT the fault of dietary input.

" Nonsense, B-12 was IN plant foods UNTIL the cyanobacteria, and
all
other micro-life was killed by chemical agriculture."

Sorry, this does not meet the criteria of science as set by our beloved
leader.

You make a strawman comment with regard to the article as no such claim
relative to your comment was made.

If it was/is in plants it is because it was in contact with manure
or soil or both and some was by physical means assimilated into the
plant quite by accident. The bacteria that produce vit b12 exist in
animal large guts, their manure, the soil, and often back making a cycle
into the animals again.
Posted to alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

> If it was/is in plants it is because it was in contact with manure
> or soil or both and some was by physical means assimilated into the
> plant quite by accident.

"ALL minerals, proteins, fats, enzymes, co-factors, and CHO's
are IN the plant because the plant absorbed certain chemicals and then
synthesized said nutrients."

Good you did not mention vitamins, now why would that be? But not vit
b12, plants do not synthesis it and any they might contain is from
contact from animal feces or other soil sources. Washing plants can
remove it. Here is a vegan web page with good advice for getting enough
of it:

Vitamin B12: Are You Getting It? : Sources of B12 for Vegans

http://www.veganhealth.org/b12/vegansources

test Chris Kario Winemaking 0 23-05-2009 04:50 PM
Test Peter[_14_] Wine 0 25-04-2008 04:51 PM
test Town Dummy Recipes 0 14-10-2006 08:52 PM
Test serene General Cooking 3 12-10-2006 03:31 AM
Test Lou Decruss General Cooking 2 28-09-2006 09:02 PM