Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Raw Food Documentary

I just saw the thread below on another documentary. It's sooo great to
see raw food media!

This one is my favorite so far:

http://www.30daysraw.com/trailer/

The film is called Supercharge Me and it documents a 30-day raw
journey.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Oct 23, 6:02 pm, RipeNJuicy > wrote:
> I just saw the thread below on another documentary. It's sooo great to
> see raw food media!
>
> This one is my favorite so far:
>
> http://www.30daysraw.com/trailer/
>
> The film is called Supercharge Me and it documents a 30-day raw
> journey.

in a age where your gramma kept pounding it into your head about
eating your veggies.... this is news? remember the EAT right
crap? how about the 5/5? i wonder what's happened where people
(not you) in general laugh and say a vegan diet is bad... since when
are vegetables and fruits not enough to keep you going? (hasn't
anyone checked the vitamin and mineral charts of your average
veggies? you know there's more potassium in an avocado than in a
gallon of orange juice? did ya know milk has no real calcium?
YOU can get more calcium out of a leaf of kale...

so on.

no wonder everyone's having trouble.

i like the diets people put themselves on... weight watchers.. jenny
craig.. OH and that silly atkins diet... and when they stop it
fails, they put the weight back on... i think processed foods are
garbage and no matter how little garbage you put into your body... it
is still GARBAGE.

folks should go fresh. folks should go with butchered meats also
(if the vegetarian thing's not for them) stay away from the packaged
crap and canned/frozen foods. processed foods have too many
chemicals and if you want a blockage ok you can eat all that inert
material all you want.

these revelations i'm watching seem rather "behind" if you get what
i'm saying. what happened, didn't they grow up being preached to
pieces about eating right?

i know i was... i listened also because there would be impending doom
if i didn't... (little did i know how right gramma was
actually... ) her way of persueding was immaculent.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Unfortunately there is a whole sub population that don't get grandma
preaching about the right foods to eat, and instead are supplied with
fried, fast and inconvenience foods. I see a lot of people who don't
hear the effects of their eating and actually don't get it at all.
Very sad.

> in a age where your gramma kept pounding it into your head about
> eating your veggies.... this is news? remember the EAT right
> crap? how about the 5/5? i wonder what's happened where people
> (not you) in general laugh and say a vegan diet is bad... since when
> are vegetables and fruits not enough to keep you going? (hasn't
> anyone checked the vitamin and mineral charts of your average
> veggies? you know there's more potassium in an avocado than in a
> gallon of orange juice? did ya know milk has no real calcium?
> YOU can get more calcium out of a leaf of kale...
>
> so on.
>
> no wonder everyone's having trouble.
>
> i like the diets people put themselves on... weight watchers.. jenny
> craig.. OH and that silly atkins diet... and when they stop it
> fails, they put the weight back on... i think processed foods are
> garbage and no matter how little garbage you put into your body... it
> is still GARBAGE.
>
> folks should go fresh. folks should go with butchered meats also
> (if the vegetarian thing's not for them) stay away from the packaged
> crap and canned/frozen foods. processed foods have too many
> chemicals and if you want a blockage ok you can eat all that inert
> material all you want.
>
> these revelations i'm watching seem rather "behind" if you get what
> i'm saying. what happened, didn't they grow up being preached to
> pieces about eating right?
>
> i know i was... i listened also because there would be impending doom
> if i didn't... (little did i know how right gramma was
> actually... ) her way of persueding was immaculent.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

*convenience foods*

On Oct 25, 6:07 am, Allison > wrote:
> Unfortunately there is a whole sub population that don't get grandma
> preaching about the right foods to eat, and instead are supplied with
> fried, fast and inconvenience foods. I see a lot of people who don't
> hear the effects of their eating and actually don't get it at all.
> Very sad.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On 2007-10-24 13:21:16 -0400, "get their hopes up, then mow them down"
> said:

> On Oct 23, 6:02 pm, RipeNJuicy > wrote:
>> I just saw the thread below on another documentary. It's sooo great to
>> see raw food media!
>>
>> This one is my favorite so far:
>>
>> http://www.30daysraw.com/trailer/
>>
>> The film is called Supercharge Me and it documents a 30-day raw
>> journey.

> in a age where your gramma kept pounding it into your head about
> eating your veggies....

Don't you mean 'great-gramma' because convenience foods started showing
up in the mid-1950s.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

glad you see it..

because for the upteenth time (today again) i came across someone going
"how comes you're so thin, you are healthy (i'm not really i do have
inherited issues) and energetic blah blah" i tell them i'm vegan.. (it's
just easier to explain, sort of...) then they go on about........

(you've heard this before i'm sure)

how they'll live short but happy... and i'm sure to be miserable and unhappy
but live for an eternity....

but while they do that.. they're complaining about aches.. pains, being
tired.. it's too hot... they're exhausted... can't keep up.. their faces
are dull and full of adult acne... they can't fit into their clothes they
are constipated.. have to see the doctor again and get prodded and they
can't find much wrong with them but they're getting sick of that shit and
blah blah... they have headaches or the food they ate made them stuffy or
heartburny..... so on..

i'm like thinking to myself (yet again) ok... so they're all happy?

ugh... i just give up.

why don't they just stop eating crap.. i don't tell them to stop eating
meat. shit! come on.. if they wanna eat meat... stop the processed
meats... go to the butcher and get their meat... unprocessed.... and eat
more veggies.. FRESH not frozen or canned.... or packaged processed crap
with all that fancy and supposively convenience....

and cut down on the damned dairy! they'll feel shit loads better in days.

most who love dairy have the sinus issues.... they go "oh can't live
without my cheese!" but there they are hacking.. clearing their throats..
blowing their noses... so on.

complaining about a burn in their throat.. so on and on....

well, you know this stuff... not news here....

but ya see, they're happier than we are?

"Allison" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Unfortunately there is a whole sub population that don't get grandma
> preaching about the right foods to eat, and instead are supplied with
> fried, fast and inconvenience foods. I see a lot of people who don't
> hear the effects of their eating and actually don't get it at all.
> Very sad.
>>

>> in a age where your gramma kept pounding it into your head about
>> eating your veggies.... this is news? remember the EAT right
>> crap? how about the 5/5? i wonder what's happened where people
>> (not you) in general laugh and say a vegan diet is bad... since when
>> are vegetables and fruits not enough to keep you going? (hasn't
>> anyone checked the vitamin and mineral charts of your average
>> veggies? you know there's more potassium in an avocado than in a
>> gallon of orange juice? did ya know milk has no real calcium?
>> YOU can get more calcium out of a leaf of kale...
>>
>> so on.
>>
>> no wonder everyone's having trouble.
>>
>> i like the diets people put themselves on... weight watchers.. jenny
>> craig.. OH and that silly atkins diet... and when they stop it
>> fails, they put the weight back on... i think processed foods are
>> garbage and no matter how little garbage you put into your body... it
>> is still GARBAGE.
>>
>> folks should go fresh. folks should go with butchered meats also
>> (if the vegetarian thing's not for them) stay away from the packaged
>> crap and canned/frozen foods. processed foods have too many
>> chemicals and if you want a blockage ok you can eat all that inert
>> material all you want.
>>
>> these revelations i'm watching seem rather "behind" if you get what
>> i'm saying. what happened, didn't they grow up being preached to
>> pieces about eating right?
>>
>> i know i was... i listened also because there would be impending doom
>> if i didn't... (little did i know how right gramma was
>> actually... ) her way of persueding was immaculent.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

no, gramma.

i didn't deal with great gramma she had voices in her head... civil war
crap and the spanish americano thing and she had a helluva crush on teddy
roosevelt, felt that was uber creepy and her main diet was medications and
going on about how 'nationalizing' money was the fall of our empire as we
know it!

ugh.

"yazah" > wrote in message
> On 2007-10-24 13:21:16 -0400, "get their hopes up, then mow them down"
> > said:
>
>> On Oct 23, 6:02 pm, RipeNJuicy > wrote:
>>> I just saw the thread below on another documentary. It's sooo great to
>>> see raw food media!
>>>
>>> This one is my favorite so far:
>>>
>>> http://www.30daysraw.com/trailer/
>>>
>>> The film is called Supercharge Me and it documents a 30-day raw
>>> journey.

>> in a age where your gramma kept pounding it into your head about
>> eating your veggies....

> Don't you mean 'great-gramma' because convenience foods started showing up
> in the mid-1950s.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Raw Food Documentary - gramma! it was her i knew it!

forgot to add.... besides gramma raised me.

i ate my veggies from the garden.. or it was "i'll kill myself and write
your name out in my blood!"

she was a kind woman.

(ok, enough of that weird shit from my family)

"higher elvisarchy" > wrote in
message news:KGMYj.16608$4K5.7332@trnddc03...
> no, gramma.
>
> i didn't deal with great gramma she had voices in her head... civil war
> crap and the spanish americano thing and she had a helluva crush on teddy
> roosevelt, felt that was uber creepy and her main diet was medications and
> going on about how 'nationalizing' money was the fall of our empire as we
> know it!
>

> ugh.
>

> "yazah" > wrote in message
>> On 2007-10-24 13:21:16 -0400, "get their hopes up, then mow them down"
>> > said:

>>> in a age where your gramma kept pounding it into your head about
>>> eating your veggies....

>> Don't you mean 'great-gramma' because convenience foods started showing
>> up in the mid-1950s.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

also the super chicken! or the chicken of tomorrow.. can't forget that!
uber processing in meats to make them more delectable!

no more scrawny table bits for us!

"yazah" > wrote in message
> On 2007-10-24 13:21:16 -0400, "get their hopes up, then mow them down"
> > said:
>
>> On Oct 23, 6:02 pm, RipeNJuicy > wrote:
>>> I just saw the thread below on another documentary. It's sooo great to
>>> see raw food media!
>>>
>>> This one is my favorite so far:
>>>
>>> http://www.30daysraw.com/trailer/
>>>
>>> The film is called Supercharge Me and it documents a 30-day raw
>>> journey.

>> in a age where your gramma kept pounding it into your head about
>> eating your veggies....

> Don't you mean 'great-gramma' because convenience foods started showing up
> in the mid-1950s.

Documentary 'The Future of Food' about the threat posed by genetically modified food & Monsanto Sparrow General Cooking 0 15-07-2007 05:38 PM
Channel Four documentary [email protected] Vegan 1 16-10-2006 09:50 PM
Sushi Documentary Yeff General Cooking 2 19-12-2005 02:37 PM
Raw Vegan Documentary [email protected] Vegan 0 13-12-2005 01:16 AM
"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food mrbog General Cooking 45 20-02-2004 10:06 PM