Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default I'm new....

Hi everybody, I'm new to this group and just wanted to introduce
myself. I have been a vegetarian and animal rights activist for years
and years, and finally made the final decision to completly go vegan
about a year ago. (All of this was for animal rights reasons, but I'm
thrilled about the economical and health reasons as well.) I'm
completly loving it, and feel great about myself because of it. I'm
trying to meet some more vegan animal rights activists, and I'm hoping
this is a place where I could do that!
I'll be on here as much as possible, but I don't have my own computer
so I can only be on when I can grab a spot on someone else's. :-)
Hopefully that'll be more often, especially now that it's SUMMER and I
have more time.
If anyone would like to introduce themselves to me, or give me any
advice on where to meet other vegans and things like that, that would
be great. Also, if I'm doing anything on this group that's against the
rules (posting something I shouldn't be, or anything else), please
feel free to let me know politely. I won't be offended at all. I'm
also fairly new to usenet groups, so... yeah.
Okay, I'm gonna quit babbling on and on now and go walk my dog. :-)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Hello,

I've been vegan for 4-5 years now and I know I'll never go back. Although I
don't feel any healthier, I know I eat more healthfully.
I feel better eating a vegan diet not physically but mentally. I do have to
take exception to your "economical" comment.
I have found that being began is a bit more expensive. I can find cheaper
leather shoes than non-leather. Soymilk is much more
expensive than cow's milk. Replacer product for sour cream, cream cheese,
butter, ice cream etc. is also a bit more expensive.
Tofu, TVP & Homemade sietan are cheaper than meat however. The experimantal
cooking/baking and trying new foods has
been great though. I do not know any other vegans, most seem quite liberal
and I'm quite conservative, so I may not have too
much in common. I have stumbled upon a vegan deli (far from home but woth
the trip) and the lead singer of the Pretenders,
Chrissie Hynde is opening a vegetarian (vegan too) restaurant near me. I
also live close to a few natural/whole food markets and
an oriental market, so getting ingredients is easy.
I wish more people posted recipes and food reviews/info but people mostly
seem to argue and call each other names.

Good luck and I wish you the best,
David

"PunkVegan" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hi everybody, I'm new to this group and just wanted to introduce
> myself. I have been a vegetarian and animal rights activist for years
> and years, and finally made the final decision to completly go vegan
> about a year ago. (All of this was for animal rights reasons, but I'm
> thrilled about the economical and health reasons as well.) I'm
> completly loving it, and feel great about myself because of it. I'm
> trying to meet some more vegan animal rights activists, and I'm hoping
> this is a place where I could do that!
> I'll be on here as much as possible, but I don't have my own computer
> so I can only be on when I can grab a spot on someone else's. :-)
> Hopefully that'll be more often, especially now that it's SUMMER and I
> have more time.
> If anyone would like to introduce themselves to me, or give me any
> advice on where to meet other vegans and things like that, that would
> be great. Also, if I'm doing anything on this group that's against the
> rules (posting something I shouldn't be, or anything else), please
> feel free to let me know politely. I won't be offended at all. I'm
> also fairly new to usenet groups, so... yeah.
> Okay, I'm gonna quit babbling on and on now and go walk my dog. :-)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Neither one of you are really vegan. Just 2 more usenet wannbes. You could
'save' far more animals than you do by avoiding meat by avoiding all your
entertainment here on usenet.

"dmaraz" > wrote in message
t...
> Hello,
>
> I've been vegan for 4-5 years now and I know I'll never go back. Although
> I don't feel any healthier, I know I eat more healthfully.
> I feel better eating a vegan diet not physically but mentally. I do have
> to take exception to your "economical" comment.
> I have found that being began is a bit more expensive. I can find cheaper
> leather shoes than non-leather. Soymilk is much more
> expensive than cow's milk. Replacer product for sour cream, cream cheese,
> butter, ice cream etc. is also a bit more expensive.
> Tofu, TVP & Homemade sietan are cheaper than meat however. The
> experimantal cooking/baking and trying new foods has
> been great though. I do not know any other vegans, most seem quite
> liberal and I'm quite conservative, so I may not have too
> much in common. I have stumbled upon a vegan deli (far from home but woth
> the trip) and the lead singer of the Pretenders,
> Chrissie Hynde is opening a vegetarian (vegan too) restaurant near me. I
> also live close to a few natural/whole food markets and
> an oriental market, so getting ingredients is easy.
> I wish more people posted recipes and food reviews/info but people mostly
> seem to argue and call each other names.
>
> Good luck and I wish you the best,
> David
>
> "PunkVegan" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Hi everybody, I'm new to this group and just wanted to introduce
>> myself. I have been a vegetarian and animal rights activist for years
>> and years, and finally made the final decision to completly go vegan
>> about a year ago. (All of this was for animal rights reasons, but I'm
>> thrilled about the economical and health reasons as well.) I'm
>> completly loving it, and feel great about myself because of it. I'm
>> trying to meet some more vegan animal rights activists, and I'm hoping
>> this is a place where I could do that!
>> I'll be on here as much as possible, but I don't have my own computer
>> so I can only be on when I can grab a spot on someone else's. :-)
>> Hopefully that'll be more often, especially now that it's SUMMER and I
>> have more time.
>> If anyone would like to introduce themselves to me, or give me any
>> advice on where to meet other vegans and things like that, that would
>> be great. Also, if I'm doing anything on this group that's against the
>> rules (posting something I shouldn't be, or anything else), please
>> feel free to let me know politely. I won't be offended at all. I'm
>> also fairly new to usenet groups, so... yeah.
>> Okay, I'm gonna quit babbling on and on now and go walk my dog. :-)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"PunkVegan" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hi everybody, I'm new to this group and just wanted to introduce
> myself. I have been a vegetarian and animal rights activist for years
> and years, and finally made the final decision to completly go vegan
> about a year ago. (All of this was for animal rights reasons, but I'm
> thrilled about the economical and health reasons as well.) I'm
> completly loving it, and feel great about myself because of it. I'm
> trying to meet some more vegan animal rights activists, and I'm hoping
> this is a place where I could do that!
> I'll be on here as much as possible, but I don't have my own computer
> so I can only be on when I can grab a spot on someone else's. :-)
> Hopefully that'll be more often, especially now that it's SUMMER and I
> have more time.
> If anyone would like to introduce themselves to me, or give me any
> advice on where to meet other vegans and things like that, that would
> be great. Also, if I'm doing anything on this group that's against the
> rules (posting something I shouldn't be, or anything else), please
> feel free to let me know politely. I won't be offended at all. I'm
> also fairly new to usenet groups, so... yeah.
> Okay, I'm gonna quit babbling on and on now and go walk my dog. :-)

Welcome. You'll be fine on here, and I'd go so far as to say like a breath
of fresh air!

And don't worry about the trolls BTW. They're probably all in the pay of the
Meat Trades association or its US equivalent!

I've been Vegan for around 45 years meself and I'm sztill alive to say so,
so if there's any advice I can give, you're welcome to ask.

One thing I will say to a newcomer: You will need to take a vitamin B12
supplement. This is very important indeed. 250 micro-grams or so a day. And
before the trolls start up - the vitamin in the tablets sold in health food
shops etc. is made by fermenting certain harmless bacteria and does not come
from sentient animal sources.

Good luck and again, welcome.

Nemo

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default I'm new....WADDIDIYYSAY ABOUT TROLLS?!

"ontheroad" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Neither one of you are really vegan. Just 2 more usenet wannbes. You

could
> 'save' far more animals than you do by avoiding meat by avoiding all your
> entertainment here on usenet.

Repeat an illogical lie often enough - and still no-one believes it! D

GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEARS BUM! - OR BETTER STILL, IN A LIVE
BEAR'S MOUTH!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"nemo" > wrote in message
.uk...

> "ontheroad" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>> Neither one of you are really vegan. Just 2 more usenet wannbes. You

> could
>> 'save' far more animals than you do by avoiding meat by avoiding all your
>> entertainment here on usenet.
>>

> Repeat an illogical lie often enough - and still no-one believes it! D
>

> GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEARS BUM! - OR BETTER STILL, IN A LIVE
> BEAR'S MOUTH!
>
>=======================

Too bad you can't refute the truth, fool. Denial won't chage the facts,
killer.
Thanks for continuing to prove you have nothing to add to any discussion,
and that you
care nothing about the vegan claim of 'saving' animals.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"nemo" > wrote in message
.uk...
> snippage...

> One thing I will say to a newcomer: You will need to take a vitamin B12
> supplement. This is very important indeed. 250 micro-grams or so a day.

====================
Thanks for proving that veganism is NOT natural, fool.

And
> before the trolls start up - the vitamin in the tablets sold in health
> food
> shops etc. is made by fermenting certain harmless bacteria and does not
> come
> from sentient animal sources.
> ========================

But, foolish dolt, they are still a manufactured product of the
petro-chemical industry.
Too bad you just love proving your need to kill animals unnecessarily,
hypocrite.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Jul 1, 7:45 am, "ontheroad" > wrote:
> "nemo" > wrote in message
>
> .uk...
>

> > "ontheroad" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> >> Neither one of you are really vegan. Just 2 more usenet wannbes. You

> > could
> >> 'save' far more animals than you do by avoiding meat by avoiding all your
> >> entertainment here on usenet.

> > Repeat an illogical lie often enough - and still no-one believes it! D

> > GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEARS BUM! - OR BETTER STILL, IN A LIVE
> > BEAR'S MOUTH!

> >=======================

> Too bad you can't refute the truth, fool.

What truth, exactly? Try to state it precisely.

> Denial won't chage the facts,
> killer.
> Thanks for continuing to prove you have nothing to add to any discussion,
> and that you
> care nothing about the vegan claim of 'saving' animals.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.food.vegan

AAAAH SHUDDDAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Rupert" > wrote in message
s.com...
> On Jul 1, 7:45 am, "ontheroad" > wrote:
>> "nemo" > wrote in message
>>
>> .uk...
>>

>> > "ontheroad" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...
>> > could

>> > Repeat an illogical lie often enough - and still no-one believes it!

>> > GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEARS BUM! - OR BETTER STILL, IN A
>> > LIVE
>> > BEAR'S MOUTH!

>> >=======================

>> Too bad you can't refute the truth, fool.

> What truth, exactly? Try to state it precisely.

=============
I did, and I have many times. The problem is that the braindead like
yourself can't understand, eh killer?

>> Denial won't chage the facts,
>> killer.
>> Thanks for continuing to prove you have nothing to add to any discussion,
>> and that you
>> care nothing about the vegan claim of 'saving' animals.- Hide quoted
>> text -

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"nemo" > wrote in message
. uk...
> AAAAH SHUDDDAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!
>
>================

Ah yes, the typical vegan rsponse to fact and reality. Thanks for proving
you ignorance, again, killer.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Jun 28, 10:13 pm, "dmaraz" > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been vegan for 4-5 years now and I know I'll never go back. Although I
> don't feel any healthier, I know I eat more healthfully.

For a while I hadn't felt any healthier either, but I realized that
that was because I was eating so much junk food, and wasn't really
getting enough protein. I finally made the pledge to truly start
living a more healthy lifestyle, and I feel a lot better about myself.
I've cut back a whole lot on junk and simple carbs, and started
exercising a bit, and I feel great.

> I feel better eating a vegan diet not physically but mentally. I do have to
> take exception to your "economical" comment.
> I have found that being began is a bit more expensive. I can find cheaper
> leather shoes than non-leather. Soymilk is much more
> expensive than cow's milk. Replacer product for sour cream, cream cheese,
> butter, ice cream etc. is also a bit more expensive.
> Tofu, TVP & Homemade sietan are cheaper than meat however. The experimantal
> cooking/baking and trying new foods has
> been great though.

Yeah, I suppose the subsitutes are pretty expensive, but I try to
stick more to tofu, vegetables, etc.

>I do not know any other vegans, most seem quite liberal
> and I'm quite conservative, so I may not have too
> much in common. I have stumbled upon a vegan deli (far from home but woth
> the trip) and the lead singer of the Pretenders,
> Chrissie Hynde is opening a vegetarian (vegan too) restaurant near me. I
> also live close to a few natural/whole food markets and
> an oriental market, so getting ingredients is easy.

I'm extremly liberal as well, and also don't know any vegans, but
joined this group in hope of meeting some.

> I wish more people posted recipes and food reviews/info but people mostly
> seem to argue and call each other names.
>
> Good luck and I wish you the best,
> David

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Jun 29, 7:00 pm, "ontheroad" > wrote:
> Neither one of you are really vegan. Just 2 more usenet wannbes. You could
> 'save' far more animals than you do by avoiding meat by avoiding all your
> entertainment here on usenet.

Well, first off, I have to point out to you that you're on usenet
obviously, so.....
Also, I think you'd be able to get your point across better if you
made constrictive suggestions, instead of just insulting people. As it
is, I really have no idea what you're trying to say anyway.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> Welcome. You'll be fine on here, and I'd go so far as to say like a breath
> of fresh air!
>
> And don't worry about the trolls BTW. They're probably all in the pay of the
> Meat Trades association or its US equivalent!
>
> I've been Vegan for around 45 years meself and I'm sztill alive to say so,
> so if there's any advice I can give, you're welcome to ask.
>
> One thing I will say to a newcomer: You will need to take a vitamin B12
> supplement. This is very important indeed. 250 micro-grams or so a day. And
> before the trolls start up - the vitamin in the tablets sold in health food
> shops etc. is made by fermenting certain harmless bacteria and does not come
> from sentient animal sources.
>
> Good luck and again, welcome.
>
> Nemo

Thanks so much! It's so great to find people who agree with me on
these issues... :-)
I don't take a supplement, but I do drink a lot of soy milk, which has
B12 in it. Do you think that's enough or do I have to actually take a
pill for it?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Jul 2, 1:09 pm, "ontheroad" > wrote:
> "nemo" > wrote in message
>
> . uk...> AAAAH SHUDDDAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!
>
> >================

> Ah yes, the typical vegan rsponse to fact and reality. Thanks for proving
> you ignorance, again, killer.

Wow. It seems that dmaraz was kind of right about the arguing
thing.... can't you explain what the actual problem is instead of just
screaming at each other? It seems you'd get farther that way.... not
trying to insult anyone here... just trying to see whether others
could stop.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Punk Vegan" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jul 2, 1:09 pm, "ontheroad" > wrote:
>> "nemo" > wrote in message
>>
>> . uk...> AAAAH
>> SHUDDDAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!
>>
>> >================

>> Ah yes, the typical vegan rsponse to fact and reality. Thanks for
>> proving
>> you ignorance, again, killer.

> Wow. It seems that dmaraz was kind of right about the arguing
> thing.... can't you explain what the actual problem is instead of just
> screaming at each other? It seems you'd get farther that way.... not
> trying to insult anyone here... just trying to see whether others
> could stop.

========================
Unlike you, I did explain myself. The wannbe vegans here have no desire for
reality.
they HaVE to resort to useless stupidity because all they have is willful
ignorance.

Like you, they pretend that by just avoiding meat they have no real impact
on animals.
Your posting to usenet for entertainment contributes to far more animal
deaths than any meat eating you could ever do.
Face it, like all wannbe usenet vegans, you follow only a simple rule for
your simple mind, 'eat no meat.'

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Punk Vegan" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jun 29, 7:00 pm, "ontheroad" > wrote:
>> Neither one of you are really vegan. Just 2 more usenet wannbes. You
>> could
>> 'save' far more animals than you do by avoiding meat by avoiding all your
>> entertainment here on usenet.

> Well, first off, I have to point out to you that you're on usenet
> obviously, so.....

=====================
Well, first off fool, I don't claim to live my life in a way that supposedly
doesn't harm animals
unnecessarily. Vegans make that claim, yet here they are, killing animals
for no more reason than their
entertainment. Thanks for proving your hypocrisy, killer.

> Also, I think you'd be able to get your point across better if you
> made constrictive suggestions, instead of just insulting people. As it
> is, I really have no idea what you're trying to say anyway.

=========================
I saying you're a typical willfully ignorant hypocrite. You make stupid
claims about your lifestyle,
yet continue to prove you don't live up to, nor care about those claims.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Jul 2, 5:19 pm, Punk Vegan > wrote:

> Thanks so much! It's so great to find people who agree with me on
> these issues... :-)
> I don't take a supplement, but I do drink a lot of soy milk, which has
> B12 in it. Do you think that's enough or do I have to actually take a
> pill for it?- Hide quoted text -

Yes that should be sufficient, but i would also go with the suggestion
of other B12 supplements. And i have been veggie for 9 years now,
vegan for over 5, and i find that it is much cheaper to eat vegan.

As for usenet goes basically anything goes. You will run into alot of
*assholes* here, just like you do on regular message boards.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Pinnochio Mojo" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jul 2, 5:19 pm, Punk Vegan > wrote:
>>
>> Thanks so much! It's so great to find people who agree with me on
>> these issues... :-)
>> I don't take a supplement, but I do drink a lot of soy milk, which has
>> B12 in it. Do you think that's enough or do I have to actually take a
>> pill for it?- Hide quoted text -

> Yes that should be sufficient, but i would also go with the suggestion
> of other B12 supplements. And i have been veggie for 9 years now,
> vegan for over 5, and i find that it is much cheaper to eat vegan.
>
> As for usenet goes basically anything goes. You will run into alot of
> *assholes* here, just like you do on regular message boards.

No, what you run into is fact and reality. Kinda gets in the way of your
vegan religion. Any lifestyle where you have to use suppliments kinda by
definition is not natural, hypocrite.

thanks for continuing to prove that your entertainment means more than any
real regard for saving animals, killer.