Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default vegan stock?

Any good vegan stock sold on the market these days? I'm very
anti-corporation, but I would make an exception for a vegan business
to balance out where the wealth goes.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

"t.racer" > wrote in message
> Any good vegan stock sold on the market these days? I'm very
> anti-corporation, but I would make an exception for a vegan business
> to balance out where the wealth goes.

===============
Anti-corporation? Really? Why are you supporting the power generating
corporations? Why are you supporting communications corporations? Why are
you supporting computer corporations... Because your entertainment
trumps any of your so-called ethical concerns? Wannabe-vegan hypocrisy on
display...

There are NO real vegans on usenet, killer...

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"t.racer" > wrote in message
> Any good vegan stock sold on the market these days? I'm very
> anti-corporation, but I would make an exception for a vegan business
> to balance out where the wealth goes.

I like Marigold Swiss Vegetable bouillon powder - they do different ones,
vegetarian, organic, vegan and reduced salt.

http://www.marigold-health-foods.com.au/home_page.htm

Not sure if it's available in US though, if you happen to come from that
neck of the woods!

Tracey

Posted to alt.food.vegan

>>There are NO real vegans on usenet, killer..

sorry, what's the meaning of this words?

ontheroad wrote:

> "t.racer" > wrote in message
>
>>Any good vegan stock sold on the market these days? I'm very
>>anti-corporation, but I would make an exception for a vegan business
>>to balance out where the wealth goes.

> ===============
> Anti-corporation? Really? Why are you supporting the power generating
> corporations? Why are you supporting communications corporations? Why are
> you supporting computer corporations... Because your entertainment
> trumps any of your so-called ethical concerns? Wannabe-vegan hypocrisy on
> display...
>
> There are NO real vegans on usenet, killer...

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"xsweetxratedx" > wrote in message

> >>There are NO real vegans on usenet, killer..

> sorry, what's the meaning of this words?

========\
This words? Unlike you, I was quite plain.
Real vegans would not be here on usenet contributing to the deaths of
billions upon billion of animals for no more reason than their selfish
entertainment.
now, enjoy the blood you spatter, killer...

> ontheroad wrote:
>
>> "t.racer" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Any good vegan stock sold on the market these days? I'm very
>>>anti-corporation, but I would make an exception for a vegan business
>>>to balance out where the wealth goes.

>> ===============
>> Anti-corporation? Really? Why are you supporting the power generating
>> corporations? Why are you supporting communications corporations? Why
>> are you supporting computer corporations... Because your
>> entertainment trumps any of your so-called ethical concerns?
>> Wannabe-vegan hypocrisy on display...
>>
>> There are NO real vegans on usenet, killer...

Posted to alt.food.vegan

dear,

maybe your's words are right, often i think that the only way for
increase the movements of animal rights
is what the activist do. I love the activists of Alf, Peta ....
i love what they do. They are wonderfull guys, but you know we'are not
all equal.
You said >> "Real vegans would not be here on usenet"
why not?? I'm vegan and i have a old pc to "going" on usenet.
With the usenet I have know vegan activist, i can donate some money to a
sanctuary farm, i have see that
being vegan is not so strange like my local friends tolds me. I can find
docufilm, legal documents
and many other things.

take care

ontheroad wrote:

>>sorry, what's the meaning of this words?

> ========\
> This words? Unlike you, I was quite plain.
> Real vegans would not be here on usenet contributing to the deaths of
> billions upon billion of animals for no more reason than their selfish
> entertainment.
> now, enjoy the blood you spatter, killer...
>

>>ontheroad wrote:

>>>===============
>>>Anti-corporation? Really? Why are you supporting the power generating
>>>corporations? Why are you supporting communications corporations? Why
>>>are you supporting computer corporations... Because your
>>>entertainment trumps any of your so-called ethical concerns?
>>>Wannabe-vegan hypocrisy on display...
>>>
>>>There are NO real vegans on usenet, killer...

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"xsweetxratedx" > wrote in message
> dear,
>
> maybe your's words are right, often i think that the only way
> for increase the movements of animal rights
> is what the activist do. I love the activists of Alf, Peta
> i love what they do. They are wonderfull guys, but you know
> we'are not all equal.
> You said >> "Real vegans would not be here on usenet"
> why not?? I'm vegan and i have a old pc to "going" on usenet.
> With the usenet I have know vegan activist, i can donate some
> money to a sanctuary farm, i have see that
> being vegan is not so strange like my local friends tolds me. I
> can find docufilm, legal documents
> and many other things.
> =========================

And yet, with all that you still ignore your complicity in the
deaths of billions of animals for your on-line entertainment.
Again, a real vegan would avoid the unnecessary death, suffering
and explotation that the internet causes. You lazy,
self-absorbed wanna-bes just try to delude yourselves into
thinking you're ok while killing animals because YOU rant about
the animals you think others are killing instead. Pot, kettle,
black, hypocrite. Again, do some research into your real impact
on animals and the environment, killer.
As for PeTA, you do know they KILL more animals than they save,
once they get their bloody hands on them, don't you?
As for ALF terrorists, look at the fools burning down new
buildings. That just means that MORE trees have to be cut to
replace the ones THEY destroyed, fool. You really haven't given
your idiocy any real thought, have you. It's all just
feel-goodism meant to ease your mind of the massive killing you
do, right?

> take care

> ontheroad wrote:

>>>sorry, what's the meaning of this words?

>> ========\
>> This words? Unlike you, I was quite plain.
>> Real vegans would not be here on usenet contributing to the
>> deaths of billions upon billion of animals for no more reason
>> than their selfish entertainment.
>> now, enjoy the blood you spatter, killer...

Posted to alt.food.vegan

xsweetxratedx; I agree with you.

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:34:49 +0100, xsweetxratedx
> wrote:

>dear,
>
>maybe your's words are right, often i think that the only way for
>increase the movements of animal rights
>is what the activist do. I love the activists of Alf, Peta ....
>i love what they do. They are wonderfull guys, but you know we'are not
>all equal.
>You said >> "Real vegans would not be here on usenet"
>why not?? I'm vegan and i have a old pc to "going" on usenet.
>With the usenet I have know vegan activist, i can donate some money to a
>sanctuary farm, i have see that
>being vegan is not so strange like my local friends tolds me. I can find
>docufilm, legal documents
>and many other things.
>
>take care

>ontheroad wrote:

>>>sorry, what's the meaning of this words?

>> ========\
>> This words? Unlike you, I was quite plain.
>> Real vegans would not be here on usenet contributing to the deaths of
>> billions upon billion of animals for no more reason than their selfish
>> entertainment.
>> now, enjoy the blood you spatter, killer...

Posted to alt.food.vegan

That's cool, but actually I was talking about purchasing shares in a
vegan corporation. Oh yeah, I'm in the US alright.

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:27:03 -0000, "Tracey"
> wrote:

>"t.racer" > wrote in message
>> Any good vegan stock sold on the market these days? I'm very
>> anti-corporation, but I would make an exception for a vegan business
>> to balance out where the wealth goes.

>I like Marigold Swiss Vegetable bouillon powder - they do different ones,
>vegetarian, organic, vegan and reduced salt.
>
>http://www.marigold-health-foods.com.au/home_page.htm
>
>Not sure if it's available in US though, if you happen to come from that
>neck of the woods!
>
>Tracey

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Feb 7, 6:27 pm, (t.racer) wrote:
> Any good vegan stock sold on the market these days? I'm very
> anti-corporation, but I would make an exception for a vegan business
> to balance out where the wealth goes.

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/school/...stock.html#Veg

Vegetable Stock
With the exception of cabbages (which include broccoli and
cauliflower), which can overpower the flavor of vegetable stock, you
can use all kinds of vegetables for this stock. The flavor will vary
slightly, depending on the mix you use. Tomatoes can also overwhelm
stock flavor, so while I do use them, I keep the amount small (unless
of course, you want a strong tomato flavor). Some people feel that
asparagus also overwhelms the stock. I personally don't agree, and
find that asparagus adds a depth and richness to vegetable stock.
Making vegetable stock is a great way to clean out the refrigerator of
food that is less than fresh, don't limit your stock making
ingredients to whole vegetables. Start saving peels (well washed, of
course) and trimmings while you cook. Your stock will be strained
before being used, and all those unattractive peels will be gone, but
they will have imparted a lovely flavor to your stock. Some excellent
vegetables (and vegetable scraps) to use a onions, garlic,
potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, celery, mushrooms, peas,
corn (empty corn cobs can also add lots of flavor to veg. stock),
parsley, green beans, beets, bell peppers, scallions, green onions,
shallots, fresh basil or other herbs, etc., etc.

You can also add some fruit or fruit scraps to your vegetable stock
ingredient mix. Apples, pears and even pineapple works well.

A good rule of thumb is to have about half solid ingredients to half
water. It's a good idea to throw in a tablespoon or so of whole black
peppercorns and a bay leaf or two for added flavor. Cover your
ingredients with the water, bring to a boil and let simmer for about
an hour. Cool and strain to remove any pieces of vegetables, fruit or
scraps. That's all there is to it. You've just made vegetable stock.

*******

Took me a second to find that thru google. Why would you buy powders
or bouillon cubes for stock when you can make the real deal so easily.

If veganism is supposed to be healthy, it isn't from eating powdered
nutrient deficient crap.

TC

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 7, 6:27 pm, (t.racer) wrote:
> > Any good vegan stock sold on the market these days? I'm very
> > anti-corporation, but I would make an exception for a vegan business
> > to balance out where the wealth goes.

> http://www.fabulousfoods.com/school/...stock.html#Veg
>
> Vegetable Stock
> With the exception of cabbages (which include broccoli and
> cauliflower), which can overpower the flavor of vegetable stock, you
> can use all kinds of vegetables for this stock. The flavor will vary
> slightly, depending on the mix you use. Tomatoes can also overwhelm
> stock flavor, so while I do use them, I keep the amount small (unless
> of course, you want a strong tomato flavor). Some people feel that
> asparagus also overwhelms the stock. I personally don't agree, and
> find that asparagus adds a depth and richness to vegetable stock.
> Making vegetable stock is a great way to clean out the refrigerator of
> food that is less than fresh, don't limit your stock making
> ingredients to whole vegetables. Start saving peels (well washed, of
> course) and trimmings while you cook. Your stock will be strained
> before being used, and all those unattractive peels will be gone, but
> they will have imparted a lovely flavor to your stock. Some excellent
> vegetables (and vegetable scraps) to use a onions, garlic,
> potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, celery, mushrooms, peas,
> corn (empty corn cobs can also add lots of flavor to veg. stock),
> parsley, green beans, beets, bell peppers, scallions, green onions,
> shallots, fresh basil or other herbs, etc., etc.
>
> You can also add some fruit or fruit scraps to your vegetable stock
> ingredient mix. Apples, pears and even pineapple works well.
>
> A good rule of thumb is to have about half solid ingredients to half
> water. It's a good idea to throw in a tablespoon or so of whole black
> peppercorns and a bay leaf or two for added flavor. Cover your
> ingredients with the water, bring to a boil and let simmer for about
> an hour. Cool and strain to remove any pieces of vegetables, fruit or
> scraps. That's all there is to it. You've just made vegetable stock.
>
> *******
>
> Took me a second to find that thru google. Why would you buy powders
> or bouillon cubes for stock when you can make the real deal so easily.
>
> If veganism is supposed to be healthy, it isn't from eating powdered
> nutrient deficient crap.

This stuff's nice and is a paste rather than a powder:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-...il/600210.html

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Feb 28, 1:58 pm, "nemo" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On Feb 7, 6:27 pm, (t.racer) wrote:
> > > Any good vegan stock sold on the market these days? I'm very
> > > anti-corporation, but I would make an exception for a vegan business
> > > to balance out where the wealth goes.

> >http://www.fabulousfoods.com/school/...stock.html#Veg

> > Vegetable Stock
> > With the exception of cabbages (which include broccoli and
> > cauliflower), which can overpower the flavor of vegetable stock, you
> > can use all kinds of vegetables for this stock. The flavor will vary
> > slightly, depending on the mix you use. Tomatoes can also overwhelm
> > stock flavor, so while I do use them, I keep the amount small (unless
> > of course, you want a strong tomato flavor). Some people feel that
> > asparagus also overwhelms the stock. I personally don't agree, and
> > find that asparagus adds a depth and richness to vegetable stock.
> > Making vegetable stock is a great way to clean out the refrigerator of
> > food that is less than fresh, don't limit your stock making
> > ingredients to whole vegetables. Start saving peels (well washed, of
> > course) and trimmings while you cook. Your stock will be strained
> > before being used, and all those unattractive peels will be gone, but
> > they will have imparted a lovely flavor to your stock. Some excellent
> > vegetables (and vegetable scraps) to use a onions, garlic,
> > potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, celery, mushrooms, peas,
> > corn (empty corn cobs can also add lots of flavor to veg. stock),
> > parsley, green beans, beets, bell peppers, scallions, green onions,
> > shallots, fresh basil or other herbs, etc., etc.

> > You can also add some fruit or fruit scraps to your vegetable stock
> > ingredient mix. Apples, pears and even pineapple works well.

> > A good rule of thumb is to have about half solid ingredients to half
> > water. It's a good idea to throw in a tablespoon or so of whole black
> > peppercorns and a bay leaf or two for added flavor. Cover your
> > ingredients with the water, bring to a boil and let simmer for about
> > an hour. Cool and strain to remove any pieces of vegetables, fruit or
> > scraps. That's all there is to it. You've just made vegetable stock.

> > *******

> > Took me a second to find that thru google. Why would you buy powders
> > or bouillon cubes for stock when you can make the real deal so easily.

> > If veganism is supposed to be healthy, it isn't from eating powdered
> > nutrient deficient crap.

> This stuff's nice and is a paste rather than a powder:

But it isn't food. It contains no nutrition. It is mostly chemicals
and flavourings.

Real stock is real food and contains real nutrition. It's bad enough
that you restrict important animal-sourced nutrients, you should be
very very careful about restricting vegetable-sourced nutrients from
real food by substituting nutrient-deficient crap like bouillon cubes.

TC

TC

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 28, 1:58 pm, "nemo" > wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> >
> > ups.com...

> > >http://www.fabulousfoods.com/school/...stock.html#Veg

> > > Vegetable Stock
> > > With the exception of cabbages (which include broccoli and
> > > cauliflower), which can overpower the flavor of vegetable stock, you
> > > can use all kinds of vegetables for this stock. The flavor will vary
> > > slightly, depending on the mix you use. Tomatoes can also overwhelm
> > > stock flavor, so while I do use them, I keep the amount small (unless
> > > of course, you want a strong tomato flavor). Some people feel that
> > > asparagus also overwhelms the stock. I personally don't agree, and
> > > find that asparagus adds a depth and richness to vegetable stock.
> > > Making vegetable stock is a great way to clean out the refrigerator of
> > > food that is less than fresh, don't limit your stock making
> > > ingredients to whole vegetables. Start saving peels (well washed, of
> > > course) and trimmings while you cook. Your stock will be strained
> > > before being used, and all those unattractive peels will be gone, but
> > > they will have imparted a lovely flavor to your stock. Some excellent
> > > vegetables (and vegetable scraps) to use a onions, garlic,
> > > potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, celery, mushrooms, peas,
> > > corn (empty corn cobs can also add lots of flavor to veg. stock),
> > > parsley, green beans, beets, bell peppers, scallions, green onions,
> > > shallots, fresh basil or other herbs, etc., etc.

> > > You can also add some fruit or fruit scraps to your vegetable stock
> > > ingredient mix. Apples, pears and even pineapple works well.

> > > A good rule of thumb is to have about half solid ingredients to half
> > > water. It's a good idea to throw in a tablespoon or so of whole black
> > > peppercorns and a bay leaf or two for added flavor. Cover your
> > > ingredients with the water, bring to a boil and let simmer for about
> > > an hour. Cool and strain to remove any pieces of vegetables, fruit or
> > > scraps. That's all there is to it. You've just made vegetable stock.

> > > *******

> > > Took me a second to find that thru google. Why would you buy powders
> > > or bouillon cubes for stock when you can make the real deal so easily.

> > > If veganism is supposed to be healthy, it isn't from eating powdered
> > > nutrient deficient crap.

> > This stuff's nice and is a paste rather than a powder:

> But it isn't food. It contains no nutrition. It is mostly chemicals
> and flavourings.
>
> Real stock is real food and contains real nutrition. It's bad enough
> that you restrict important animal-sourced nutrients, you should be
> very very careful about restricting vegetable-sourced nutrients from
> real food by substituting nutrient-deficient crap like bouillon cubes.

If you read the label you'd see it isn't.