Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Suggestion for packed lunch

Me and my wife turned vegetarian for ever and we decided to carry our
lunch pack to office.

What vegan stuff can we carry? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I
did google search but didn't find much information.

NSP

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"n o s p a m p l e a s e" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Me and my wife turned vegetarian for ever and we decided to carry our
> lunch pack to office.
>
> What vegan stuff can we carry? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I
> did google search but didn't find much information.

Pita Bread stuffed with salad vegetables with some hummous on instead of
mayonnaise is good.

Another of my favourites is sandwiches made with black rye bread containing
Granose Sausalatas fried and cut in half lengthways then smothered with lots
of tomato purée and black pepper, and rings of raw onion on top of that with
a good squeeze of lemon or lime. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!

And for the cold winter days, a Thermos flask of good rich vegetable soup,
stew or curry and some wholemeal bread to dunk in it.

Nemo

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-...il/484265.html

And BTW, some archæologists found a Tupperware container with this sort of
food inside when they were excavating in that very famous cathedral in
Paris. After much discussion, they concluded it was the Lunchpack of Notre
Dame!

)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:
> Me and my wife turned vegetarian for ever and we decided to carry our
> lunch pack to office.
>
> What vegan stuff can we carry? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I
> did google search but didn't find much information.
>
> NSP

have you seen this?

> http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Elderberry Blossom" > wrote in message
> n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:
> > Me and my wife turned vegetarian for ever and we decided to carry our
> > lunch pack to office.
> >
> > What vegan stuff can we carry? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I
> > did google search but didn't find much information.
> >
> > NSP
> >

> have you seen this?
>

> > http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

Looks very good. I prefer something even richer and more spicy though - and
if that's soy sauce in the middle, I steer clear of Mono-sodium Glutamate
like the plague because it used to give me palpitations and I tend to get a
mild allergic reaction to sesame oil. Oddly though, I'm OK with the actual
seeds and with Tahini.

I've had Catheter Ablation Therapy for those now. They got really out of
hand this time last year, but I still don't intend to take any chances.

I do stir-fries now and again but with olive oil and plenty of garlic, and
with chillis and a good bit of five-spice added. I've never seen soya beans
in their pods on sale this side of the pond though.

Good nosh though. More power to yer chopsticks!