Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Vegan and Vegetarian Quotes

Vegan and Vegetarian Quotes

http://scotthughes.biz/vegan_quotes.html

"Whatever my own practice may be, I have no doubt that it is a part of
the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off
eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating
each other when they came in contact with the more civilized." -Henry
David Thoreau

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men.
We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Immanuel
Kant

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the
way its animals are treated." -Mohandas Gandhi (a.k.a. Mahatma)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Scott" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Vegan and Vegetarian Quotes
>
> http://scotthughes.biz/vegan_quotes.html
>
> "Whatever my own practice may be, I have no doubt that it is a part of
> the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off
> eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating
> each other when they came in contact with the more civilized." -Henry
> David Thoreau
>
> "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men.
> We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Immanuel
> Kant
>
> "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the
> way its animals are treated." -Mohandas Gandhi (a.k.a. Mahatma)

"The Vegetarian Society is much larger than the Vegan Society. You can tell
that from the size of their members!"

I won't quote the source. I'm too much of a gentleman - now!

Always put quotes around "vegan" George Plimpton Vegan 147 03-05-2012 05:57 PM
Why Vegan Instead of Just Vegetarian?? Prisoner at War Vegan 211 08-03-2008 09:33 PM
Vegan and Vegetarian Quotes Ed Vegan 4 10-12-2006 08:28 PM
Near Vegetarian to Vegetarian to Vegan Steve Vegan 14 07-10-2004 08:47 AM
FA: Four Vegetarian Books for children, mothers, etc. VEGAN VEGETARIAN Mark General Cooking 0 05-08-2004 09:11 PM