Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Arresting oxidation-Bloxygen

In article .com>,
wrote
>Among woodworkers who use fine varnishes is an aerosol type can
>containing the inert gas argon which they use to displace the oxygen in
>a container of varnish before sealing it.
>One brand name is called "Bloxygen"
>This might be usefull for folks storing te that they wished to arrest
>further oxidation of.
>Here is a link to the makers faq.

http://www.bloxygen.com/faq.html

It contains carbon dioxide - combined with moisture, that will form
carbonic acid. I've no idea whether it will spoil tea, but it's worth
considering.

This particular product claims to use "medical quality" ingredients, so
it shouldn't be a problem, but it's worth noting that other compressed
gases, intended for industrial use, may be contaminated with suspended
oil droplets from the compressor.

--
Richard Herring >

Oxidation Dick Adams[_3_] Winemaking 3 23-09-2007 06:29 AM
Arresting oxidation-Bloxygen DogMa Tea 0 19-02-2006 12:08 AM
Oxidation reduction Adam Preble Winemaking 6 27-09-2005 10:37 PM
pH and oxidation Lum Winemaking 1 31-05-2005 01:01 AM
Newbie about oxidation John Winemaking 5 18-12-2003 11:22 PM