Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Mint notes in my gunpowder tea

Hi all,

So I brew up a cup of pinhead gunpowder this morning and the strangest
thing happens. I notice a very subtle but distinct minty flavor. I've
never really noticed it before and am thinking that perhaps my brain is
playing tricks on me. I'll often mix gunpowder with peppermint or
spearmint, but I keep these two teas totally separate to avoid any
cross contamination.

Perhaps this minty note is normal in pinhead gunpowder...perhaps I've
got a couple crossed circuits in my head.

RH
www.hansontea.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Justin Holmes

Perhaps it is a question of storage either at reatil or the production
levels. There seem to be a number of places offering "morrocan green
mint" or something similar that is a mix of gunpowder and mint leaves
(tasty stuff). I wonder if it might be possible for the next non-mint
batch to pick up a hint of it anyway

Gunpowder Tea Alan Truism Tea 4 14-12-2006 03:56 AM
Gunpowder Tea Scott Dorsey Tea 0 03-11-2006 05:09 PM
Mint-Truffle Ice Cream Terrine With Mint And Chocolate Sauces yankeegrL425 Recipes (moderated) 0 02-10-2005 05:16 AM
MINT-TRUFFLE ICE CREAM TERRINE WITH MINT AND CHOCOLATE SAUCES yankeegrL425 Recipes 0 28-09-2005 03:14 AM
Gunpowder tea - Where to buy? Fred Carpenter Tea 0 05-01-2004 10:13 PM