Bill Wolfe

Default Spring Spear Tips?

Hello All,

I just subscribed to this group after lurking off and on for years.

About 10 years ago Silk Road Tea, Republic of Tea (who got it from Silk
Road), and Harney's carried a remarkable green tea called Spring Spear
Tips. It consisted of enormous downy buds--more than 1.5-inch long and
nearly as thick as a pencil, at least in my memory--yielding a sweet,
full-bodied, almond-scented liquor and cabaple of a 10-minute steep
without bitterness. I've asked David Lee Hoffman of Silk Road about it
once or twice. He gets a little whistful and says he hasn't
encountered any lately. Does anyone else remember this tea? Does
anyone know what's happened to it?

Bill

Marlene Wood

Wow, that sounds wonderful! If you get any info on it, will you pass it
along?
marlene

ups.com...