Gyorgy Sajo

Default Aged puerh sample

Hi all,

I have a question to the more experienced puerh drinkers in this group. I
would like to taste some genuine aged sheng puerh, but do not have the money
and the courage to buy a whole cake. Could you recommend me some trustworthy
vendors, who sell samples - or just small quantities - of aged puerh? So far
I have only found Teaspring that sells samples (15 g) of a Guang Yun Gong
half-cooked cake from the 70'es.

By the way, what is a half-cooked cake? I have never heard about such one.

Thanks and best regards,
Gyorgy

hanry

Hey, I think Guang Yun Gong half-cooked cake is not the better one you
should choose. Because it's too expensive to get, and the taste is not
as it's value..

I think the Pu-erh Brick tea from 1992 is better, you can see the photo
here.
http://www.yupoo.com/album_view.jsp?...8911db8e7d95e8

I think half-cooked cake is half-fermented cake.

thank you...

Gyorgy Sajo

hanry wrote:

> I think half-cooked cake is half-fermented cake.

No doubt. I thought there is raw puerh and cooked puerh, but never heard
about half-cooked. It must be the oolong of puerh teas. :-)

Space Cowboy

It sounds like the process to make LiuAn 'single' fermented tea from
Anhui. You can plug Guang into Google and get some hits. One previous
discussion among others:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...6343d7f0 5a4c

Jim

Gyorgy Sajo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question to the more experienced puerh drinkers in this group. I
> would like to taste some genuine aged sheng puerh, but do not have the money
> and the courage to buy a whole cake. Could you recommend me some trustworthy
> vendors, who sell samples - or just small quantities - of aged puerh? So far
> I have only found Teaspring that sells samples (15 g) of a Guang Yun Gong
> half-cooked cake from the 70'es.
>
> By the way, what is a half-cooked cake? I have never heard about such one.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Gyorgy

Mike Petro

Gyorgy Sajo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question to the more experienced puerh drinkers in this group. I
> would like to taste some genuine aged sheng puerh, but do not have the money
> and the courage to buy a whole cake. Could you recommend me some trustworthy
> vendors, who sell samples - or just small quantities - of aged puerh? So far
> I have only found Teaspring that sells samples (15 g) of a Guang Yun Gong
> half-cooked cake from the 70'es.
>
> By the way, what is a half-cooked cake? I have never heard about such one.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Gyorgy

Hi,

What they are calling half cooked is actually a mixture of raw and
cooked leaves that is then compressed into a bing. These typess of cake
can be quite good but they are not as good, hence not as valuable, as a
well aged 100% raw cake. I have personally tasted this particular tea
and it is authentic and good but mild in comparison to a raw cake of a
similar age.

Other vendors that sell small quantities of aged tea a
http://www.jingteashop.com/
http://www.sunsingtea.com/800/welcome.htm
http://www.teahub.com/puerhtea.htm

I have bought tea from all 3 of these vendors and they all sell
authentic aged tea in snmall quantities. You will probably need to
email Jing Teashop and Teahub to find out their current offerings where
Sunsing will list theirs online.

Mike

Scott Dorsey

Gyorgy Sajo > wrote:
>hanry wrote:
>
>> I think half-cooked cake is half-fermented cake.

>No doubt. I thought there is raw puerh and cooked puerh, but never heard
>about half-cooked. It must be the oolong of puerh teas. :-)

I think this whole thread is kind of half-baked.
--scott

Wing Hop Fung - Authentic Aged Puerh? [email protected] Tea 15 22-02-2006 06:56 AM
Got my Free Sample! jmcquown General Cooking 5 23-11-2005 09:15 PM
Loose green puerh and pressed teas that are not puerh. Mike Petro Tea 2 24-05-2005 12:31 PM
Free Sample HeyRobi General Cooking 14 12-03-2005 02:42 PM
How to sample Chardonnay Godzilla Wine 1 02-07-2004 07:04 AM