Space Cowboy

Default Almost done with the Poo

Finally the missing postmark 5/6 shipment from China arrived with the
postmark 5/27 shipment last Friday 6/24. I think the 5/6 package was
inspected and set aside for whatever reason. Curious someone had
attached an UPC sticker specifying the shipping zipcode to the 5/27
package. I don't know if it is good or bad but maybe someone entered
my shipping address in a database and indicated any shipment is good to
go since this the fifth time around. The first shipment was a bag of
Xiaguan special grade tuocha and a bag of green Tibetan mushrooms. The
second shipment were two log rolls of loosely compressed green wild
tree pu'rh minus the green bamboo leaf shell used for packaging which
would have been nice. I've got the representative forms of
cakes,bricks,mushrooms,tuochas(small,medium,large) ,bamboo(basket,tube,log)
which is my approach to the madness. I still need the pomelo and a
tong. Is there any other shape or form I'm missing. So far I don't
know if the Tibetan mushroom is all that green because it infuses like
a Yunnan red. It leaves a dry spot in the back of the tongue which
lingers for hours. The green wild tree log peels easily and easily
could become one of my favorite green pu'rhs. However it is only good
for one infusion. The Xiaguan special grade almost looks like silver
bud without the price. It doesn't taste like the Grade A.

Jim

Space Cowboy

To me tea is just as much the thrill of the chase as the taste in the
cup. I enjoy the reads of the Edward R Murrow's of the world. If I'm
in college I'd study a foreign language and get a passport. All the pu
propaganda has steered me to another Yunnan teas which have escaped my
attention all these decades. An Yunnan red is the best everyday cup of
tea I've tasted. It trumps my everyday Ceylon teas. On one of my
trips to Chinatown I discovered preserved duck eggs. I came across one
recently that said "lead free". OMG have I poisoned myself? That one
was black egg with green yoke. The eggs still have their shells. Kind
of like an Easter egg preserved in perpetuity. All the eggs have a
come hither look about them. They are salty or is it just the
formaldehyde.

Jim

a name wrote:
> In article .com>,
> says...

....I delete me...
> you're adventures of PU make a fun read and memory

Michael Plant

Space 6/28/05

> To me tea is just as much the thrill of the chase as the taste in the
> cup. I enjoy the reads of the Edward R Murrow's of the world. If I'm
> in college I'd study a foreign language and get a passport. All the pu
> propaganda has steered me to another Yunnan teas which have escaped my
> attention all these decades. An Yunnan red is the best everyday cup of
> tea I've tasted. It trumps my everyday Ceylon teas. On one of my
> trips to Chinatown I discovered preserved duck eggs. I came across one
> recently that said "lead free". OMG have I poisoned myself? That one
> was black egg with green yoke. The eggs still have their shells. Kind
> of like an Easter egg preserved in perpetuity. All the eggs have a
> come hither look about them. They are salty or is it just the
> formaldehyde.
>
> Jim

Kinda like reading FW again, eh? Anyway, "lead free" preserved duck eggs
leads to the possibility of lead rich duck eggs. Damn ducks'll eat anything.
Speaking of that come hither look, I believe that we should all join the
Russian boy and submit our photos to Melinda. Perhaps a physical description
publicly posted might begin the operation.

Listening to some Bach secular contatae.
Drinking a "traditionally roasted" TGY this morning from the Tea Gallery in
New York City. This is truly highly roasted, and presents its complexity in
a completely different spectrum from what have become more common
(green/greener) TGY's around here. I don't dislike it, but I prefer the
green styles. I brewed it in a modified gungfu style, using a glass infusion
mug.

Michael