Standard Deviant

Default Is microwave heated water safe?

Marlene Wood wrote:
> I knew I was doing something wrong...
> "Falky foo" > wrote in message
> >
> >>so don't make love to the machine if it's turned on.

> > Whoops!

I remember seeing a report regarding a restaurant where the kitchen
staff removed the door from the microwave oven so they could rapidly
add and remove food items as they heated them.

I believe some of them developed tumors or some other deleterious
health problems from exposure to the microwaves.

How dangerous is microwave exposure anyway?

Eric Gisin

"Standard Deviant" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> I remember seeing a report regarding a restaurant where the kitchen
> staff removed the door from the microwave oven so they could rapidly
> add and remove food items as they heated them.
>
> I believe some of them developed tumors or some other deleterious
> health problems from exposure to the microwaves.
>
> How dangerous is microwave exposure anyway?

I would think the tingly feeling in your balls would be a good warning.

The only health affects I know of are cataracts of the eye. It is not
ionizing radiation.

Scott Dorsey

Standard Deviant > wrote:
>I believe some of them developed tumors or some other deleterious
>health problems from exposure to the microwaves.
>
>How dangerous is microwave exposure anyway?

It's pretty bad, because it causes internal tissue heating. Rather than
just surface heat, it heats your body from the inside out. This has all
kinds of deleterious health effects.

I knew a guy who used to claim he could hear microwaves... when he was
standing in front of a 2 MW erp radar that was in about the same band
as a microwave oven, he could tell whether it was turned on or not. Turned
out what he was hearing was noise from his skull expanding slightly due
to the heating effects. This is bad for you. Admittedly the radiated
power there was about 2,000 times higher than a microwave oven, but he
was also at a distance so the field strength probably wasn't as high as
inside an oven.
--scott
Alex Chaihorsky

In Russian Army they used to do an ugly trick to warn soldiers about being
in front of horns - threw a stray cat into a high-energy max out horn path.
Interestingly enough, the officer would never emphasize the risk of death -
his words would be - "Observe. The cat is dead. Think what this will do to
your balls". I never attempted a biopsy of a cat but dead it was each and
every time. These demos, however ugly and inhumane by my current standards,
did the job well. Nobody wanted the balls cooked. I wonder how they did it
in female communications detachments.

Sasha.