Eric Gisin

Default Linus Pauling Institue on tea

An article on health benefits of tea:
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...tea/index.html
Also some risks from large quanties (3L) or tea extracts.

The claim that green tea may contain as little as 9mg caffeine per 8oz is
suspect. Anyone have access to the source?

5. Astill C, Birch MR, Dacombe C, Humphrey PG, Martin PT. Factors affecting
the caffeine and polyphenol contents of black and green tea infusions. J
Agric Food Chem. 2001;49(11):5340-5347.

elgoog

Eric Gisin wrote:
> An article on health benefits of tea:
> http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...tea/index.html
> Also some risks from large quanties (3L) or tea extracts.
>
> The claim that green tea may contain as little as 9mg caffeine per 8oz is
> suspect. Anyone have access to the source?
>
> 5. Astill C, Birch MR, Dacombe C, Humphrey PG, Martin PT. Factors affecting
> the caffeine and polyphenol contents of black and green tea infusions. J
> Agric Food Chem. 2001;49(11):5340-5347.

My green tea has 40mg per 6oz before I decaf it.

elgoog

Eric Gisin wrote:
> An article on health benefits of tea:
> http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...tea/index.html
> Also some risks from large quanties (3L) or tea extracts.
>
> The claim that green tea may contain as little as 9mg caffeine per 8oz is
> suspect. Anyone have access to the source?
>
> 5. Astill C, Birch MR, Dacombe C, Humphrey PG, Martin PT. Factors affecting
> the caffeine and polyphenol contents of black and green tea infusions. J
> Agric Food Chem. 2001;49(11):5340-5347.

My green tea has 40mg per 6oz before I decaf it.

Archer

> My green tea has 40mg per 6oz before I decaf it.

NOT DOUBTING! but intriqued . . .

How do you know this?

Austin Hodge

Dr. Higdon's disertation about tea is so incrediblely flawed, it is
incredible to me that it has been so influential in the tea world, I
assume it is because it has fueled the overly hyped marketing of white
tea. Had she validated any of her research with the tea scientists in
China, she would have been back at square one with her disertation.
There is an enormous body of research in relationship to tea that is
certainly more accurate then Dr. Higdon's.

Eric Gisin

OK, is any of the tea science from china available in english?

"Austin Hodge" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Dr. Higdon's disertation about tea is so incrediblely flawed, it is
> incredible to me that it has been so influential in the tea world, I
> assume it is because it has fueled the overly hyped marketing of white
> tea. Had she validated any of her research with the tea scientists in
> China, she would have been back at square one with her disertation.
> There is an enormous body of research in relationship to tea that is
> certainly more accurate then Dr. Higdon's.

Austin Hodge

Unfortunately, there is not, now anyway, but we currently translating
some, but it is slow going. I'm pretty sure though that even some
people that belong to this newgroup can see the obvious flaws,
especially in here descriptions of white and green tea that the paper
is based on. I'm sorry. I normally don't offer opinions about these
kind of issues, but there are so many people spending so much money on
white tea based on this, that really are being commercially manipulated
in relationship to thier health. Doesn't anyone care about the
involvement of tea companies in this research that benefits them. It
benefits me too, because we sell a lot of white tea, but I think it is
right. So having said that

toci

A lot of articles with Chinese sounding authors' names are cited in the
study. Do you have any comment on any of them?
toci

toci

A lot of articles with Chinese sounding authors' names are cited in the
study. Do you have any comment on any of them?
toci

elgoog

Archer wrote:
> > My green tea has 40mg per 6oz before I decaf it.

> NOT DOUBTING! but intriqued . . .
>
> How do you know this?

It says so on the container.

S Lun

The percentage is around 2 - 4% and 80% are soluable. You can refer to
a detailed translated report at
http://www.netticen.com/discussion/v...ic.php?p=66#66