Default Mixing in the pot

I am new to the world of loose teas, and have just bought 100g of
Darjeeling. I notice that after brewing, I pour two cups, and the first
is light and with little flavour, while the second is quite astringent.
Should I mix the tea before pouring? Thank you in advance.

elgoog

> I am new to the world of loose teas, and have just bought 100g of
> Darjeeling. I notice that after brewing, I pour two cups, and the

first
> is light and with little flavour, while the second is quite

astringent.
> Should I mix the tea before pouring? Thank you in advance.

I would. But, then I got a new pot and didn't need to.

I assume you pour the second cup immediately after pouring the first
and that it is not due to oversteeping.

-elgoog

Bluesea

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I am new to the world of loose teas, and have just bought 100g of
> Darjeeling. I notice that after brewing, I pour two cups, and the first
> is light and with little flavour, while the second is quite astringent.
> Should I mix the tea before pouring? Thank you in advance.

Yes, give it a stir before pouring because the flavor in the upper region is
different from that down around the leaves and you want a consistent taste
all the way through.

However, if you're pouring one cup, drinking it, then pouring a second cup,
you should also strain out the leaves - decant, if you will - into a second
pre-heated teapot before serving the first cup.

Astringency is caused by water that's too hot so, you might also brew it
with less-than-boiling water, but stir before altering anything else.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

oups.com...

mixing wine Sri Bodhi Prana Wine 5 06-03-2009 06:12 PM
Mixing starters? Rusty Sourdough 4 16-02-2005 07:10 PM
mixing yeasts jason Winemaking 2 04-10-2004 07:17 PM
Hand mixing vs. Stand mixing Cadie Baking 12 23-06-2004 07:52 PM
Mixing wood Dimitri Barbecue 11 18-04-2004 02:14 PM